Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS3 or Wii U?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 78 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Jul 2012 15:10:51 BDT
Welshland says:
I recently traded in my 3DS for a Vita, got bored with the Vita so traded it in for a PS3. I now find myself in the same situation with the PS3, should I trade it in towards the Wii U?

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:12:39 BDT
Maybe it's gaming you're board of? Did you have a PS3 before because I don't see how you could get bored of it in a few months.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:15:06 BDT
Welshland says:
No, I've never owned a PS3 however I have owed a 360 in the past and as above got bored!!
Maybe I am getting bored of gaming, I am reaching 36 now, not that age has anything to do with it! I spoke to my friend whilst on lunch who will be 43 on the weekend and he still loves video games.....

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:15:22 BDT
Didnt you post this in another thread? I'd say keep the PS3. It seems to me that if you sold the PS3 to buy a Wii U, whats stopping you from selling that to buy a 360, then selling that to buy a PS4, then selling that to buy a nextbox etc etc etc.

"Maybe it's gaming you're board of?" +1

How about just getting a half decent PC and a wired Xbox controller. That way you can play games and youve got a computer.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:15:42 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2012 15:17:47 BDT
TMan says:
After 3 years with 360, I just bought PS3 as well. Backlog of excellent Sony exclusives games is like a blackhole which I won't be able to climb out of, ever! PSN keep dishing out new games to play for free too. Not sure about you, but I am far from bored with it. Also, is it really wise to buy Console at launch?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:19:29 BDT
Ness says:
I agree with the posters above, if you got bored of a 360, 3DS, Vita and PS3 then there is nothing on Wii U that is going to be any different.

Wii U also isn't out for another 4+ months aswell :p.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:19:47 BDT
Try finding another hobby or simply taking a break. Occasionally I burn myself out and don't play games for a few weeks.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:19:53 BDT
Welshland says:
I dont have the room in the house to have a PC, I Have a laptop, a Wii and PS3. When I traded my 3DS in it was because I was P!$$ed off with Nintendo and thought the Vita was the way forward. I have since fallen back in love with Nintendo due to playing Pikin with the new play controls.
Maybe the Wii U it is then...

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:22:09 BDT
Well if you've money to throw around like that do as you please. I agree that Pikmin is awesome, but if you're after that sort of gaming, why not stick with the Wii, sell your PS3 now since you'll get more now than in 4 months time at the WiiU release, then buy a Wii U.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:22:14 BDT
Welshland says:
I have 3 children who keep me busy and entertained so it's not as though i'm on the console day in day out.
the last time I played on the PS3 was to play a spot of Marvel Pinball which is great : o )

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:22:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2012 15:24:00 BDT
AstroMonkey says:
"should I trade it in towards the Wii U? "

Everybody says no.

"Maybe the Wii U it is then... "

Either destiny or Cupid have brought you here. Have you met Lindsay?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:23:05 BDT
Ness says:
Buy a pinball table ;).

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:24:02 BDT
"Buy a pinball table ;)."

No room for a PC, definitely no room for a Pinball Table :p

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:26:10 BDT
Totally agree, even when I go 'off' gaming for a bit, my 360 doubles as a DVD player for the lil daughter, then a new game comes out and bam, 10 hours a week suddenly vanish from my shcedule.
Just bought saints row 2 - never played one before, looks good - am I in for a dissapointment?
I'm looking for a ps3 now though as the net is getting installed sometime next month and PSN is free.
I would never buy a console new, unless I had more money than brains. Paid £20 for my xbox off gumtree as it is 'banned' from live for some strange reason, before that I had 2 ps3s.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:27:16 BDT
I'd love to own an old school Bally pinball table.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:28:09 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2012 15:29:15 BDT
Ness says:
If your interested in Pikmin 3 for Wii U, be aware it's a 'launch window' game which going by what the Nintendo of America president said will be 'up to 4 months after release', so Pikmin 3 could well not be released until late March 2013.

Sorry Cptn replied to the wrong person :p.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:30:58 BDT
"Sorry Cptn replied to the wrong person :p."

Cptn, I like that. :)

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:32:00 BDT
Ness says:
I'm 'off' gaming myself at the moment, i have bought two games new all year, Mass Effect 3 which i played for around two hours and got bored with and Diablo 3 which to be fair i was addicted to for a few weeks.

Nothing has really grabbed me this year so far, the only three games i am interested in for the rest of the year are Borderlands 2, Resident Evil 6 and Farcry 3.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:33:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Jul 2012 15:33:35 BDT
You prefer buying new consoles (over and over) to new games ;) lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:33:43 BDT
I prefer a nice maryland choc chip cookie.

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:34:34 BDT
Trigger says:
What sort of genres do you play, what are your favourite games, and what have you become bored of recently? Don't get rid of your PS3 because getting a different console won't just cure the problem.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:35:33 BDT
Ness says:
Lol aye, im worse than the OP ;).

At least i have a lack of funds as an excuse, were i rich i would have all three consoles, both handhelds, a £1000 gaming PC and a Wii U on release !.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:36:24 BDT
Ness says:
Aye Aye Cptn ! ;).

Posted on 3 Jul 2012 15:39:43 BDT
AstroMonkey says:
At the moment I'm into black isle organic blonde beer. Last month it was mcewans champion ale.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Jul 2012 15:40:25 BDT
Then you'd sell them all and buy them again half a dozen times just to prove how rich your are! ;)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  78
Initial post:  3 Jul 2012
Latest post:  5 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions