Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Modern Warfare 3 delivery time

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 68 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Nov 2011 21:48:34 GMT
Last edited by the author on 9 Nov 2011 18:46:16 GMT
This is a thread for lazy impatient idiots who can't wait for what is only a video game to vent their child-like frustation and they do so knowing that a foetus has greater maturity then they do.

Post Edits FTW.

Posted on 3 Nov 2011 23:35:07 GMT
11:14am

Posted on 4 Nov 2011 00:38:23 GMT
Neil you live in Fleetwood, you're never getting that game.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:13:48 GMT
C. Roberts says:
mine didnt get delivered nor any of my friends who preordered it.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:31:58 GMT
A. M. Warman says:
no mw3 huummmm AMAZON SUCK lol i wunder if theyll read this. If you are amazon reading this then ps you suck and lie which incidently reminds me of a vampire. Sucking the money out outa ppl bad form amazon bad form o wait whats that cancel my halo ce anniversry preorder and get it from game i may just do that...... wait i should be speaking to customer services no you losers HA OFFENDED EVERYONE NOW

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:36:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2011 16:37:47 GMT
Icaruschips says:
I'm so offended. Excuse me, I'm off to slit my wrists with my Modern Warfare 3 disc, which I snapped in half because I could.

Edited because Amazon doesn't like caps-lock abuse, it seems.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:43:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2011 16:44:11 GMT
Lisa Fraser says:
I haven't gotten mines yet either. so angry.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:47:18 GMT
Soap.SW says:
Me neither Lisa, Im still aiting on it and its almost 5 pm, I placed my order on the 17th of october and it still hasnt come supossed to come at 8 am and I havent got it yet so annoyed

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:50:32 GMT
Does anybody know what time the delivery vans run till?

A delivery guy knocked on the door about 30 mins ago with an amazon package but it was for the kid next door! Unbelievable

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 16:57:16 GMT
M. Santos says:
It's now 16:55 PM and my game hasn't been delivered, safe to say I am definitely not getting it today. I will not pre order anything else from Amazon! I paid extra to get it on the 8th but the game was only dispatched last night! How would it ever be delivered today to the Channel Islands? Really disappointed. Never again Amazon, never again!

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:03:13 GMT
Trigger says:
Look, I don't know many times it needs saying, but if you're desperate to receive a game on release day then the best thing to do is jog along on release day and physically pick it up in-store. I realise this might not be convenient for some of you tweens waiting to shout and swear at people online, but then you shouldn't be playing the damn thing anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 17:08:57 GMT
M. Santos says:
And if you don't like ''tweens'' shouting and swearing at you then maybe you should go play a teletubbies game or some crap like that! Games like this are not meant for sensitive pompous asses like you TriggerHappy.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:09:02 GMT
My MW3 game hasn't arrived here in Liverpool, UK either and I did pay for a First Class Royal mail delivery, for it to be here on the release date. I must say though that I've never had this problem before with pre-ordered games from amazon, especially when I paid the extra money for a First Class delivery. Most recently I got Red Dead Redemption Game of the Year Edition, and it was here by the afternoon of its release date. Nonetheless, it is certain that way more people pre-ordered MW3, so maybe the sheer size of games to be delivered today has caused all these delays.

I obviously sent a complaint email to amazon and I just hope that the game will be here by tomorrow afternoon.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 17:15:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Nov 2011 17:16:41 GMT
Trigger says:
That's fine; I don't really have much interest in the COD series anyway. But thanks for your concern.

I didn't know there was a Teletubbies game - I might get it for my daughter.

EDIT - also, what's pompous about stating the obvious and saying if you can't wait for the game then go and buy a copy rather than wait for the post? Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:18:00 GMT
Icaruschips says:
"Games like this are not meant for sensitive pompous asses"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAEsRnftUck - Yup, only for real men.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:18:01 GMT
Mike E says:
With the amount of preorders I'd be amazed if Amazon or any other company managed to get all of them delivered on time. I expect the vast majority got it on release and it'll probably turn up tomorrow. Is it really that bad if the game comes a day or 2 later?

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:29:29 GMT
M. Santos says:
What doesn't make sense is you not being into the COD games but still waste your time on forums about the game, especially to make a comment ridiculing the people who do enjoy playing it and paid extra money to get it delivered on the release day.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 17:44:57 GMT
It's the self pitying whining I dislike. People find a random forum to enter, have a bit of a moan hoping for some sympathy, then never ever post again.

If you just pop by to complain to complete strangers and have nothing to contibute, why exactly should the people who post here regularly give a sh*t.

If you have a complaint about Amazon's customer service then perhaps you should talk to Amazon's customer service. Don't bore me with your petty cr*p.

However, if you are a regular feel free to have a moan and I'll gladly offer my condolences - at least you contribute something to the forum, unlike the sympathy leeches.

P.S - this is NOT a forum about COD games, it's a forum about video games.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Nov 2011 17:46:57 GMT
A. Hawkins says:
I haven't received mine either. Amazon expedited shipping, paid an extra £7 odd for the privilege. Gutted. For people who enjoy games, it is natural to be frustrated when arguably the game of the year doesn't turn up on release, when you paid extra for that. I'm going up the road to buy it from Sainsbury. Amazon will be refunding my postage as well.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 18:12:55 GMT
S.Lal says:
Anushree: [NAME] we have received information from the carrier HDNL that due some issue from the their end, the package will be delivered on November 09.
I am extremely for any inconvenience caused to you in this regard.
Me:I have been awaiting delivery since this morning, I was told that I would receive the package today.
How will I be compensated?
Anushree:To compensate you for the delay, I will refund the delivery charges on your card.
Me:I believe I am entitled to more than just refund on the delivery
Anushree:In this case, in order to compensate you for the inconvenience caused, I would like to give you a further 3 GBP promotional gift certificate on your account.
Me:I would like that 3GPB's to be deducted from the price of my copy of Modern Warfare 3
in addition to the refund on Post and Packaging
Anushree:ok [NAME], I am processing a refund in the amount of 3 GBP and the postage charges for the order.
Could you hold for two minutes while I process the refund?
Me:Yes but wait I have another complain
complaint*
Anushree:Yes [NAME].
Me:I was illegible for the pre-order price guarentee
However I was charged £39.87 and on the time of release the price was £38.91
Anushree:Yes [NAME], I will refund you the difference amount also.
Could you please hold for two minutes while I process the refund?
Me:So let me get this clear, I will be refunded £3.96 and the price of post and packaging which is a further £1.69 coming to a total of £5.65.
Anushree:I have requested a refund to your payment card for GBP 5.99.
Me:I would also like to know why I was not informed that I would not be receiving my package today?
Anushree:[NAME], we were expecting the parcels to be delivered today. However, it is just some time back that we received this information.
Me:I appreciate your assistance, however I have two last questions.
Anushree:Yes please.
Me:The first being what time will my package arrive tomorrow?
Anushree:Your parcel may arrive anytime in the business hours.
Me:And the second being, how can I avoid using HDNL in the future, I have never had a good experience with them.
Anushree:I'm afraid that we don't have the ability to assign certain carriers to a specific customer or address but we'll continue working with all of our carriers to drive improvements for our customers.
Please note that our ordering system automatically assigns the carrier to the parcel when they are ready to dispatch.
Me:I am not alone in this concern, there are many others who cancel orders as soon as they see that their order will be shipped with HDNL.
Anushree:I understand this [NAME] and please be assured that I'll pass it on to the right people in our company who will look into this and take appropriate actions.
I realise this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.co.uk and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by HDNL.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 18:16:26 GMT
RAB says:
What I don't get is why people who are cutting their losses and going to the shop didn't do that in the first place.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 19:25:21 GMT
Jamie says:
Why are people complaining!!!!!

I don't have mine but its not amazon because they dispatched it the day before release and royal mail are to slow to get it too me on time but it is ILEAGEL for amazon to send the game out at a time when it may accidentally arrive early(Thanks to activisons contract) so stop complaining at amazon complain to acivision for not letting it get dispatched earlier or royal mail for having rubbish first class.

To make sure this doesn't get deleted amazon rock but royal mail are slow and activsions contract in badly done.

Its just one day it will come tomorrow just chill out!!!

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 19:55:50 GMT
Fudge says:
Same.

Pre-ordered on the 20th Sept. But no game today !!!!

Phoned Amazon to be told it has been delayed ???????????

Amazon, don't advertise a service if you can't actually provide it !

Proper Angry !

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 20:15:32 GMT
Really annoyed about not getting MW3 today. Especially when I had paid extra to get it today. Would be less annoyed if you had managed mine and others expectations early on and let people know of the delay.

Also, my friend also ordered via Amazon 4 days ago got his disc today. I pre-ordered over a month ago and got naff all. I have been a good customer for Amazon in the past but have to admit I am unsure if I will keep my custom with you.

Posted on 8 Nov 2011 20:38:00 GMT
Big Kevo says:
Didn't get mine either in Leicester and I'm on amazon prime. It better turn up tomorrow, that's all I can say! Grrrrrrr
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  46
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  3 Nov 2011
Latest post:  15 Nov 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 11 customers

Search Customer Discussions