Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

New Mass Effect 4 details

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Jul 2014 01:22:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jul 2014 01:25:43 BDT
. says:
Some details coming out of the panel from Comic Con -

Main character is human.
Set in a whole new Galaxy.
Set during the lifetime of Commander Shepard.
Shepard not in the game.
Characters from the original Trilogy may appear.
The Mako vehicle returns to help you explore the massive Worlds.
They are more interested in co op than competitive for mp.
Game 'years away from launch'.

Mako animation, concept art and some in game environments in this video -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzueBbcXqRk

Thoughts ?.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 12:02:50 BDT
"Thoughts ?."

Do many people post on this forum anymore?

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 12:04:41 BDT
J. Morgan says:
It's summer and school holidays, people got better things to do , even at work. It's too early for thoughts, same old same old as Bioware have been making for 20 years in the end.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 12:09:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jul 2014 12:10:09 BDT
"Do many people post on this forum anymore? "

All I'll say is when it came down to the ultimate forum ultimatum - it's either Nessy or the 'rest of the forum' - Nessy won and the rest of the forum have gone ;).

OK I jest.

All I say is that I hope they keep the horde-type mode co-op - I thought it was really good - and woo hoo for the Mako - means it will hopefully feel like an exploration game again. Other than that too early.

God I'm bored.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 12:31:31 BDT
MF says:
No Shepard :-O !!

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 12:32:29 BDT
"Main character is human."

That's disappointing... hoped we would be able to select different races like on DA Origins.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 13:09:05 BDT
"Game 'years away from launch'."

:(:(:(:( i was hoping for 2015 :(

and agree with adam - swords and scorcery rpgs offer different races for the main character as standard - there's no reason why a sci-fi rpg can't do the same.

everything else sounds delightful :)

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 13:15:12 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Fixed characters are easy to merchanside.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 13:19:09 BDT
J. E. Cross says:
And presumably on ME where the story is probably going to be around some sort of competition between races it would be hard to change the main non-NPCs.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 13:19:19 BDT
kinjoking says:
it will happen in 2015, bioware already confirmed they are halfway through making the game, so at latest will release 1Q 2016 imo.

the mako making a return i dont mind, it worked alright in the first game it was just unfortunate that the planets were a little too barren to make effective use of it. but hopefully they will tighten up the physics and put it in proper combat scenarios. but i think it will mainly be used for xploration with light combat as before.

Phil, although i agree with being able to choose your race, but with ME the choices you make are usually pertinent to the overall wellbeing of the galaxy so i dont think that they can create a game that can have such far reaching consequences to the species and lore of ME by simply allowing a player to choose his race.

would be nice to play as a 'Thane' type character and do stealth assination missions :)

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 13:47:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 28 Jul 2014 13:48:11 BDT
. says:
Would definitely like custom avatars / races for the main character this time, it's still early so hopefully they listen to the community.

Nice to hear them talk about possible co op, I always thought the ME (and Dragon Age) games would be great in mp mode for the main campaign. The Old Republic was excellent in co op.

I don't think EA would want any part of the Winter 2015 release timeframe even if the game was ready so I think ME4 will arrive in Spring 2016 at the earliest, prob late 2016.

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 15:52:02 BDT
ME2 and 3 were both early-year releases (Jan and March respectively), and both cleaned up sales-wise. I'd expect the same from ME4, in 2016

Posted on 28 Jul 2014 16:59:52 BDT
But presumably regarding races Bioware have (or will have) a specific story they want to tell and as you're at the center of that then it has to be a specific race. One of the reasons I like Mass Effect so much is it tells a really good contained story as an RPG.

The new game seems such a long way off to have any solid feelings about. I have to say I'd rather they didn't have any MP content at all. No MP, no co-op. Just direct ALL your resources into making the best single player experience you can. Actually the whole cramming in a co-op mode into games is getting really annoying. People complain about DLC being made in conjunction with the main game and how that taps into a studios resources, co-op modes in a fundamentally SP game is the same imo.

Posted on 29 Jul 2014 09:32:35 BDT
They are gonna have to do something magic to get me back on board. I'm sure they're very concerned about losing my custom lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  28 Jul 2014
Latest post:  29 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions