Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Amazon PSN Store

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 10 Jan 2014 08:18:07 GMT
It's a bit crap. When is it going to get any decent content for PS4? I really want to go digital, but refuse to pay standard PSN prices of £55 per title. Come on Amazon, this is not a patch on the US version.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 08:48:21 GMT
Begs the question - why not buy from the .com site? Loads of friends have been doing this over the xmas break and get most games around £30 as a result.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 08:56:57 GMT
You can also buy PSN Credit ($$$$) too just incase there is a cheaper price on the actual store.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 13:01:46 GMT
I just dont get why anyone would want to go out of their way to buy digital ?

Unless you can save money (which you very rarely do) or you literally have no room to store a physical disk and box (i.e you live in a shoebox), I see no advantages from buying digital.

#oldfashionedbauer

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 13:31:13 GMT
"I just dont get why anyone would want to go out of their way to buy digital ?"

To be fair (and also pedantic), buying physical may actually be more out of the way than buying digital.

Have you considered that some of us may be too lazy to even bother standing up and changing a disk? ;p

The main disadvantage I can see from digital (consoles anyway) is that the games are stuck with the system/generation (i.e PS3 digital games won't transfer to PS4 etc). So that's my reason for not buying digital games on consoles.

Look at that! A whole post about digital content without mentioning steam... ooh.. nevermind ;)

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 13:39:42 GMT
Bauer I'd prefer to have digital versions rather than disk but I'm not willing to pay more. The reasons I like digital is that all you games are just a few clicks away, they run quicker and you can always redownload them if something goes wrong. Disks just take up space and can be damaged/lost/stolen. However you do give up the option of trading your game when you buy digital so it should be cheaper but for some reason it's much more expensive.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2014 13:45:34 GMT
"To be fair (and also pedantic), buying physical may actually be more out of the way than buying digital.

"Have you considered that some of us may be too lazy to even bother standing up and changing a disk?"

LOL I suppose so, apologies ; )

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Jan 2014 13:47:47 GMT
"can be damaged/lost/stolen."

Thats a fair point Rob, didnt consider that.

Still not sure these rare occurances out weigh the option to trade in games you have no desire to keep. Still its an arguement done to death.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 14:00:10 GMT
Bozz says:
I would be happy to go fully digital, only price that is stopping me now

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 14:01:04 GMT
Crixus says:
Plus there's the fact that in 20 years time I'll be able to play all my disc games, prob won't be able to play The Walking Dead on my xbox though, don't most games require you to be online to even play them?

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 14:10:52 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Jan 2014 14:11:33 GMT
"Plus there's the fact that in 20 years time I'll be able to play all my disc games"

Assuming there's a console left alive to run it ;)

But yeah that's my main beef with digital downloads, backwards compatibility!

Chances are that in 20 years time I'll still be able to play my PC version of the walking dead from steam.
(not saying this to be a dick, just really bugs me that all my PS3/360 digital downloads are technically already obsolete)

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 14:51:48 GMT
Crixus says:
Well my console is getting safely packed away once I get fully into next gen, bring it out to play Bioshock when my kids old enough :)

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 15:26:19 GMT
J. E. Cross says:
If you ever want to remote play your ps4 from another location then digital is a big plus as well.

Posted on 10 Jan 2014 16:01:40 GMT
Steam

Posted on 11 Jan 2014 04:37:23 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jan 2014 04:37:52 GMT
I've had to be honest with myself and admit I'm just lazy. I'm moving house and it's that point when your partner points at all those things I've collected over the last ten odd years and asks in that accusing tone, "When was the last time did you use that?" I like the idea of hooking up my PS1 and giving some of my games a run out. I just never do. The same for my PS2 and if this teaches me anything then the PS3 will be the same. The last few playstations haven't been backwards compatible and if this Playstation Now gives me access to much of the older games as well as newer stuff my old consoles will definitely end up just collecting dust. If digital ownership then passes down whatever generations we have to come then maybe that's the future. I'll give my grandson on my deathbed my PSN password and my collection of digital games going all the way back to Burnout Paradise (the first DL game I got on my PS3). He'll obviously call me an old g!t and go and play in the latest VR machine run by Google.

Posted on 11 Jan 2014 12:30:07 GMT
Last edited by the author on 11 Jan 2014 12:32:30 GMT
J. M. Dillon says:
Isn't there a case going through the US courts at the moment about digital rights inheritance. Maybe it's settled now, but it was a fight to allow inheritance of digital iTune downloads.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  10 Jan 2014
Latest post:  11 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions