Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 242 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Apr 2012 12:18:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 12:20:46 BDT
Apologies for the thread but Max Payne 3 at the time of writing this is £32.91 here on Amazon both 360 and PS3. Get in there!!! Otherwise please just use this thread for discussion on Max Payne 3.

Max Payne 3 (Xbox 360)

Max Payne 3 (PS3)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:23:55 BDT
Nessy says:
Watched this 'bullet time' development video the other day, looks amazing !.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=/watch%3Fv%3D99gjWK6hYxw

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:26:02 BDT
I think I'm missing something here as I have yet to see anything that appeals in Max Payne 3. Perhaps I'm getting old lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:28:12 BDT
Nessy says:
It's nothing really far removed from the original in gameplay terms tbh but it looks so damn pretty ;).

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:28:50 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 12:30:04 BDT
I loved Stranglehold which had bullet time, which was much criticised on here, but from what I've seen of game play videos I've been very impressed with MP3. The proof is in the eating though. Hopefully with a trade-in on Halo Anniversary I might get this for £20 - worth the risk.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:34:02 BDT
I honestly don't think that Rockstar have given us any decent games in this generation hence my apathy towards Max Payne 3. Apart from visuals, nothing has appealed so far in any of their games on the 360 or PS3.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:34:05 BDT
Nessy says:
I loved the original Max Payne on PS2 but i never played the sequel for some unknown reason lol.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:34:31 BDT
Bunga says:
I'm most impressed with the fluid animation system. There was a developer diary on it (can't find link from work). 360 degree shooting while rolling on the round, body weight shifting properly when holding different weapon types, the ability to run one way and shoot another... it all sounds really basic but these are things that have definitely been missing from most 3rd person shooters.

Loved the first two games, was initially dubious at the setting for Max Payne 3, i.e. the first footage released was that of sunshine and favelas, not streets and warehouses at night like we're used to. Though, after watching all the dev diaries, I'm pretty excited for MP3 :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:35:37 BDT
Nessy says:
Fair enough, don't think this will be for you then :p.

I thought GTA 4, the two DLC's and RDR were all really good. Didn't like LA Noire but that is a marmite game from what i have read on here.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:39:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 12:40:54 BDT
I enjoyed the two DLC stories of GTA4 but didn't get on with GTA4 itself. I started liking, then hating, then liking Red Dead Redemption - it lulled in the middle 1/3rd but the latter 1/3rd was much better so overall I enjoyed it. I also really enjoyed RDR Undead Nightmare - probably my favourite Rockstar effort. I have a love and hate relationship with Rockstar. They realise beautifully detailed worlds - RDR was truly amazing - but then make character controls very shonky and missions (both RDR and GTA4) can be very hit or miss - hearding cattle and breaking in horses FTL lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:42:44 BDT
Nessy says:
Do you need the original to play RDR: Undead Nightmare R ?, also how long does it last.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:46:15 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 12:48:41 BDT
AstroMonkey says:
I enjoyed both RDR and GTA but didn't find much love for LA Noire. Started off well but it got so dull half way through the time on the homocide desk. Ran out of steam by the time I got to the vice desk and traded it in. I think LA Noire was one for the critics. It was incredable what they done with the faces in the game etc and reviewers wet themselves about it but for the average gamer like me once the novelty wore of it all got a bit dull. I suppose the priase LA Noire got was kind of like The Artist winning best picture at the oscars this year. It's not the man on the street that gets to vote because if I had a say the muppets would've won it.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:47:27 BDT
"Do you need the original to play RDR: Undead Nightmare"

Only if you download it, if you buy the retail version of the undead nightmare it plays by itself.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:48:08 BDT
No the RDR:UN disk version (not sure about the digital download version) is standalone. Probably around 7 hours of game play - it's pretty much a full game in itself and allows you to still play CO-OP, and all of the CO-OP missions, with people/mates that have the full game disk version of RDR. The CO-OP in RDR is superb - but can be a bit tricky. It's a shame really because I'd like to get back to the CO-OP but mates are totally consumed by Battlefield 3.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:50:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 12:51:03 BDT
Nessy says:
Cheers guys, great another game to add to the pile lol ... ;).

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:50:52 BDT
Bunga says:
To be honest, I'm just happy I can once more leap forward at every door in the game to bash it open and gun down any enemies that may or may not be inside only for most to NOT actually be a door and for Max to rather embarrassingly bump into it and grate his forehead down it in slow motion.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 12:55:20 BDT
I've loved the worlds R* have created this gen, but their missions, control schemes and focus on realism has left me a bit alienated by them

Max Payne 3 looks brilliant though. A very cinematic continuation of Max's story, with MP

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Apr 2012 12:57:35 BDT
Nessy says:
I hope GTA 5 uses the Saints Row 'twin stick' controls or at least has them as an option.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 13:31:24 BDT
Jay Kahy says:
I'm looking forward to this, but being the tight git I am I'll wait for the version with everything bundled. So I'm guessing it'll be another year 'till I get my hands on this, lol.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 13:45:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 13:45:41 BDT
Crixus says:
Am I the only one that thinks that bullettime is very dated and kinda crappy??

Played FEAR2 for the first time few weeks ago and just thought 'slo - motion shooting, great, can they not think of anything better than this?'

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 14:02:59 BDT
Hubbard says:
Personally R* have made April - May my favourite time of the year for gaming the past 4 years. They're are my favourite developer.

However I ain't that fussed for MP3. I'll still pick it up RD though...

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 14:07:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 23 Apr 2012 14:10:22 BDT
In what way do you find bullet-time dated?

I really liked it in FEAR 1 but FEAR 2 was just generic in almost all ways so no, it didnt really have the AI or the environments to make it stand out

The fact that Max will be able to jump-dodge (etc) in slow-mo with a realistic physics engine and a 3rd-person viewpoint makes the prospect more exciting. Add dynamic (and interactive) killcams, destructible scenery and a whole array of varied environments and it looks incredibly satisfying

I'd have thought MP3 would be right up your street, Hubbs. It'll have the gritty storytelling of GTA4 but with better pacing and much more action-orientated

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 14:09:09 BDT
AstroMonkey says:
Bullet time still rocks if you ask me. Shooting someone in the nuts in the sniper elite V2 demo was FTW.

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 14:18:54 BDT
Bunga says:
Bullet time is used a lot nowadays but it never fails to satisfy (me at least) so why not really!

Posted on 23 Apr 2012 14:26:03 BDT
Crixus says:
Just think it makes games too easy when you can just slow everything down and kill every one in the room, was original when max payne was on PS2 but justb don't like it anymore, just me I guess!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  43
Total posts:  242
Initial post:  23 Apr 2012
Latest post:  20 Mar 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions