Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Upcoming games

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jul 2014 10:31:18 BDT
kinjoking says:
can anyone compile a list of upcoming console games for the rest of the year. would be good to see what people will be picking up up until the new year.

has anyone heard any more news on games like Sacrilegium and Dark Eye Demonicon?

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 10:42:31 BDT
Do you mean a master list of every known new release this year or a personal list of what we forumites intend to pick up?

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 10:54:53 BDT
kinjoking says:
a list of all releases upto the new year would be good, as i dont know whats coming out in the next couple months, would be good to plan my purchases. i know the usual COD/ AC guff will be out, but other then that it seems that a lot of stuff is being pushed into 2015?

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 11:38:49 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2014 11:41:28 BDT
AndyBSG says:
These are the PS4 releases for this year listed on Games Radar, not sure if it's a complete list or how accurate it is though but was only updated last week.

Oddworld: New & Tasty - 22nd July
Last Of Us HD - 29th July
Hohokum - 12th August
Madden NFL 15 - 26th August
Destiny - 9th September
NHL 15 - 9th September
Disney Infinity: Marvel Super Heroes - 23rd September
Alien: Isolation - 7th October
Dragon Age: Inquisition - 7th October
Driveclub - 7th October
LOTRO: Shadow Of Mordor - 7th October
Evil Within - 21st October
Evolve - 21st October
Assassin's Creed: Unity - 28th October
COD: Advanced Warfare - 4th November
The Crew - 11th November
Far Cry 4 - 18th November

There's also a few other games, mainly PSN ones but some retail ones like Elder Scrolls and Little Big PLanet, that have 2014 release dates but the exact date is still awaiting confirmation.

Big games that have slipped to 2015 for me are The Order, Arkham Knight, Witcher and Tom Clancy's: The Division

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 11:47:06 BDT
Well I know I will be getting the following this year (barring no delays)

PS4
The Last Of Us Remasterd
Diablo 3
Fifa 15
Destiny

PC
Dragon Age: Inquisition

PS4/PC - Maybe
Alien: Isolation
Driveclub
LOTRO: Shadow Of Mordor
The Crew
Far Cry 4

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 11:48:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2014 11:49:05 BDT
kinjoking says:
doesnt seem a whole load to keep me interested. Evil within stands out, may have to go XO for that. possibly LOTR, ive seen a few screens and it looks impressive, the way the game has been described sounds intriguing :)
does it mention XBLA/PS store games?

i forgot Diablo 3 was being rereleased with all the DLC, that may have to be done. dungeon cralwers are awesome, did anyone pick up sacred 3??

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 12:18:10 BDT
Anyone know a release date for Pro Evo 15?

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 12:40:36 BDT
G. Hanks says:
That looks pretty dead (Destiny aside) until October. Think I may need to book the 7th Oct off, 4 games I'm up for coming out then. Mostly Alien though.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 12:43:54 BDT
Sacred 3 hasn't been released yet, but I will defo be picking it up. It's a big shame that it isn't on PS4... :/

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 12:46:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2014 12:47:15 BDT
Pretty straight forward for me this year
July/August - TLoU
September - Destiny
October - Drive club - Free PS+ version (its free why not? #WNG)
- Evolve
November - Far Cry 4
2015 - The Order 1866

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 13:43:57 BDT
kinjoking says:
i thought it got released along with sniper elite? i must of read it wrong. i guess thats good news, means im not missing out yet. thee still time for me to find 3 regular players and party up for the whole campaign! had such a blast playing dungeon seige 3 non stop with 3 other players, so i can imagine that it will be a great game

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 14:28:05 BDT
Taz - my PS4 list is exactly that - Drive Club free bit will do me for a WNG.

On Wii U I am getting Bayonetta 2 and Smash Bros whenever that comes out.

On 3DS Pokemon Ruby and Saphire remakes (one or other) and maybe Smash Bros too - but no that would be fairly pointless if you are getting the Wii U one...

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 15:16:41 BDT
Taz and Robson you've forgotten about Plants vs Zombie: Garden Warfare, out on the 19th August. That's my second most anticipated game of this year after Destiny

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 17:41:15 BDT
Destiny beta on PSN July 17th.... Just saying.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 17:47:48 BDT
Nessy says:
I have these pre ordered for the rest of the year -

September -

Destiny.

October -

Bayonetta 2.
Driveclub.
Dragon Age Inquisition or Shadows of Mordor or Evil Within pending reviews.

November -

Farcry 4.

December -

Smash Bros U.

I plan on getting four or five of the other late 2014 games next year when they have dropped a bit in price and I have more time for them. If they implement the Watch Dogs stealth / cover system into AC Unity I will probably buy that on day one aswell.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 17:52:18 BDT
Far Cry 4 is on my Christmas list, and I'll pick up one of GTAV, Driveclub or Destiny depending on which way the prevailing multiplayer winds are blowing when they launch. Otherwise, it's all about Feb 2015 for me - The Order, Batman and The Witcher all out just in time for my birthday :)

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jul 2014 18:33:38 BDT
"Bayonetta 2"

Good man!

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 19:50:41 BDT
howmuch75 says:
"October i hate you"
that's my wallet talking..

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 20:55:54 BDT
StrikeA says:
Loads of games to look forward to, here's a link to my Xbox wish list (you can also get to my Nintendo and PlayStation ones from there):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/BWTY0ZIDK1C2/ref=topnav_lists_1

I know I should really have named them Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo... will change that! XD

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 21:35:36 BDT
Doonni says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2014 10:06:50 BDT
kinjoking says:
so basically you have wished for every XO game lol

Me4 is def the one. whichever one comes out sooner between that and FO4 will make me jump to XO, although in saying that il probably make the switch this xmas or sooner.

the more i see of evolve, the more i think that this game will be dead in a couple months. MP only games do not last. just look at brink, i doubt it will hold peoples attention for more than a few weeks. considerig that most people will be on AC and Destiny, i really think evolve will be a dud.

Posted on 8 Jul 2014 10:23:43 BDT
The only defos for me are:

Driveclub because it's free.
Far Cry 4 - because I loved 2 and 3, and 4 looks mint.

Possibles on:

Destiny. In hindsight I wasn't wowed by Destiny, although I was going through a gaming lull at the time, and I'm going to let the beta make my mind up.
COD Advanced Warfare. Looked to have some interesting new features (well, new to COD) which could mix it up a bit but it's a wait and see.
Battlefield Hardline. I really wasn't that fussed by the beta but no doubt mates will get it so I'll probably get it too. If they don't I may well give it a miss.
Evolve. Has a lot of potential but very much a wait and see.
Shadow of Mordor. I like the look of it but if it's AC reskinned I may give it a miss.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2014 10:34:13 BDT
kinjoking says:
if they make the stealth and combat better for LOTR then in AC which is just old and samey, then i will buy it

Posted on 8 Jul 2014 12:13:59 BDT
No one excited for PES 2015 or FIFA 15? I think PES looks really promising this year after some camera footage leaked showing the demo at a recent event.

FIFA 15 also looking quite good, although not as much of a leap from current NG FIFA.

They'll likely launch September/October 2014. I have them both pre-ordered, as I do every year.

*I'm a big football fan and always live in hope every year that PES will be back to it's glory days PES4/5. FIFA has never felt quite right, it always felt a bit artifical and you were forced to play 'FIFA' not proper football. It is technically a lot more advanced these days though.

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jul 2014 13:00:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jul 2014 13:00:19 BDT
Nope, I managed to break out of the FIFA cycle a couple of years ago and im very happy I did.

I bought them out of habit, but never had enough time devote to it and rank up players etc so it just sat there every year. Until the next near identical game came out and my 40 game was worth nothing !
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  17
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  7 Jul 2014
Latest post:  8 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions