Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Playstation Vita

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 10000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Nov 2011 21:06:26 GMT
D. T. Clarke says:
I want to start a general forum about the Vita, I really like the look of the new portable and can't wait for it to be released, I'm also hoping we get that first edition bundle (although the pre-order bundles almost cover that) specifically Canada's wi-fi only one as its cheaper and comes with the memory card which are way overpriced.

Posted on 22 Nov 2011 21:15:25 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 May 2013 18:08:24 BDT
Nick. says:
This is now the Official Vita thread. If you wish to have your name added to the list please ask. So here is the FIRST official Vita clan, enjoy!
Introducing....
Uncleniccius
RobsonRudd
djburty
Bazlurgan
minipunch
Sky_Klown
Bauer_Rat
ozga82
Tysonsabre
sas1983red
amplifiedant
nunnsta
russell664
fighting--talk
Chrisw373
hubbard1992
mozz-eyes
kirin1984
ryanh_666
Neo85913pv
Tii__
dirty-spaz
extermin8or_
jonnyh207
LadyHeathersBox
Dwango81
matt-p-77
Jvjones
GeorgeElliott
dracuswolf
Markini6
OUTLAW_411
gregster-1
crazeycrane
Mr-D2DG
kiter-dude
Vorbeck
egarcia_1
Cihat1980
Rickvictoria
mugglemind
Neko_Otaku_Guy
ZetecTurbo
DJ-Cyphon
Bozz1983
bigsteve_8519
usborne
Telminator-2
More to be added shortly!;)

Posted on 22 Nov 2011 22:25:28 GMT
djburty says:
it's still a while to go until the launch of psv so a general thread may be a bit early. anyway, i'm looking forward to it :)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2011 22:55:29 GMT
D. T. Clarke says:
Ok, a general lead upto launch thread then :D

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 08:23:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 08:27:10 GMT
Bazlurgan says:
Okay then, to add to this thread, the launch games have been announced as follows:

*Uncharted: Golden Abyss
*WipEout 2048
*Reality Fighters
*Little Deviants
*ModNation Racers: Road Trip
*Everybody's Golf
*Escape Plan
*Gravity Rush
*Hustle Kings
*MotorStorm RC
*Top Darts
*Super StarDust Delta

In addition, the following are under development:

Army Corps of Hell, Square Enix; Asphalt: Injection, Ubisoft; Disgaea 3 Return, NIS America; Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, Ubisoft; Dynasty Warriors Next, Tecmo Koei; EA Sports FIFA Football, EA; F1 2011, Codemasters; Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7, WB Games; Lumines Electronic Symphony, Ubisoft; Michael Jackson: The Experience HD, Ubisoft; Ninja Gaiden (working title), Tecmo Koei; OddWorld: Strangers Wrath, OddWorld Inhabitants; Puddle, Neko Entertainment; Pure Chess, RebelPlay; Putty Squad Vita, System 3; Rayman Origins, Ubisoft; Ridge Racer, Bandai Namco; Shinobido 2, Bandai Namco; Silent Hill: Book of Memories, Konami; Stardrone Extreme, BeatShapers; Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz, SEGA; Supremacy MMA, 505 Games; Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, Drinkbox Studios; The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz, Alawar Entertainment; Touch My Katamari, Bandai Namco; Troopies, Bloober Team; Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom, Capcom; Urban Trials, Tate Multimedia; Virtua Tennis 4: World Tour Edition, SEGA; Orc Attack, Casual Brothers; Ben 10 Galactic Racing, Bandai Entertainment; Dragon's Racing, Ignition Entertainment; Robot Rescue Revolution, Teyon; Mortal Kombat, WB Games; Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft; Bioshock, Take Two; Street Fighter X Tekken, Capcom; Call of Duty, Activision Blizzard

Lots of stuff!

Not sure which of the launch games are PSN only games. I'll probably be getting:

Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Gravity Rush
Super StarDust Delta

and possibly - Escape Plan

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 08:41:08 GMT
Sanchez says:
Unit 13 will be a launch title. It's a third person shooter with full co-op campaign and competitive MP. Why am I so excited, simply because it's from Zipper Interactive. Vita is now a release day purchase.

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:03:14 GMT
Wipeout all the way baby!

One thing im concerned about is most games require an external specifically made PS Vita SD card. Theyve made the Vita to work only with these cards? And Sony have priced them very very very high. So i want to buy the console on launch but your looking at quite an increase for one of these cards? please correct me if im wrong.

They got the unit down to that 200 odd price mark because they excluded an internal hard-drive

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:11:34 GMT
Bazlurgan says:
Yeah I must admit that I'm interested to find out how much the Vita memory cards will cost. I missed out on much of the later life of the PSP and I'll likely be looking to downlad a few of these when the Vita is releases as well, so I'll likely be needing a largish card.

Has anyone had an indication of how much these will cost?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2011 10:24:42 GMT
D. T. Clarke says:
Here i got this quote of eurogamer "Sony is yet to announce UK pricing of the memory cards, which are proprietary to the handheld. In Japan, a 4GB card costs 2,200 (18), an 8GB 3,200 (26), 16GB 5,500 (45), and a 32GB 9,500 (78)."

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:36:10 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 10:36:42 GMT
Ah i see.. not as bad as i first feared..at least for the low end ones. So it will probably be 20 for 4GB.

Im in America when this comes out so im hoping to pick up the vita and memory card there for cheaper

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:39:59 GMT
Bazlurgan says:
Thanks DT Clarke

I was hoping for a 32GB card, but don't think my budget will stretch that far, may be forced to ge a 16GB or 8GB card instead. Does anyone have idea how much the average space a PSP game takes up?

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:41:26 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 11:01:17 GMT
I got a 4gb for my PSP and it filled up pretty quick, and that was just music, game saves, and 5-6 PS1 games.
Think i'll get 8GB+, especially if there'll be a few download only titles.
Crafty Bar stewards. :(

Edit: Kai pick me up a 16GB memory card if it's cheap!!!
Don't forget those wireless sony Headsets should be out by then too.

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 10:59:01 GMT
G. S. Rai says:
the memory cards is the only thing that annoys me. they should have added 16gb of space into the base model, but anyway, im going to try and arrange an excuse to visit my boss in new york at the end of feb and pick this up cheap!

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 19:12:20 GMT
djburty says:
i'll go for 32GB if that's the largest - might as well bite the bullet as a 16GB card has been ace for the psp!

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 20:07:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 20:08:51 GMT
DaveOz says:
Is the maximum SD card the PS Vita will accept 32gb? No chance of 64gb? If I do get one I'll wait for the expected hardware revision. I'm more interested in using it as a portable media machine with a handful of game purchases each year, rather than solely a games machine and nothing else.

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 20:27:59 GMT
TS says:
A game I think people should check out is Gravity Rush. It looks like a cel-shaded version of Inversion (out next year?) except good. You use a reticle to aim anywhere and can quickly turn that into the floor. Check it out, looks good!

18 isn't too bad I think. They do get pretty pricey later on, but - like Burty - I think it'll be worth the investment. That said, if you buy just the game, you won't need to buy the extra memory since each game with come with a small amount of rewritable data on the game you've bought to store saves, DLC and patches. At the moment that's the case, anyway.

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 20:38:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 20:41:20 GMT
Ryan C says:
sorry if it is a stupid question but does anyone now if Football Manager Handheld 2012 will be on the vita? Would it come under the SEGA games?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2011 20:38:19 GMT
It's already been confirmed that some games will require a memory card to store saves etc - not all of them will let you have save data on the game's card.

http://www.destructoid.com/some-ps-vita-game-carts-require-memory-card-for-save-214225.phtml

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 20:40:16 GMT
Nick. says:
Uncharted is likely to use that system adam; thus i'm buying a memory card!

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2011 21:48:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2011 21:49:19 GMT
D. T. Clarke says:
@TS Agreed, Gravity Rush is one game i am really looking forward too :D

@Nicholas Bridal psn/xbl uncleniccius Yeah i think Uncharted has been confirmed as a game where you need a memory card

Posted on 23 Nov 2011 21:52:17 GMT
Nick. says:
@d.t.clarke Really? Thanks for the info, as i'm buying it with Uncharted on launch it's good to know.

Posted on 24 Nov 2011 12:59:30 GMT
I also heard that only 2gb and 4gb will be available at launch. If so this will be VERY annoying...

Posted on 5 Dec 2011 16:35:26 GMT
A. Brooks says:
There's a rumour that games downloaded from the PSN will be 30-40% cheaper than the versions bought from a store. By the time you buy 8 games, you've saved enough to cover the cost of the memory card.
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if later down the line 3rd parties come up with their own cut price cards. The same thing happened to Sony Memory sticks

Posted on 5 Dec 2011 17:33:25 GMT
So to buy a 3G version of one of these, a memory card and a game it's going to cost the best part of 350 :O ..., did they learn nothing from the 3DS ?, and that was 240 not 280. I would be interested in it as i think the launch games are a nice varied line up, the hardware is powerfull and the touch controls / back panel are cool but they can fu*k off for that price lol.

I will get one when its 200 bundled with a game and a memory card ;).

Posted on 5 Dec 2011 17:37:07 GMT
Nick. says:
I am buying on release but the memory card put me off slightly, still excited though!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

ARRAY(0xb3a1bc9c)

This discussion

Participants:  307
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  22 Nov 2011
Latest post:  5 Sep 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 17 customers

Search Customer Discussions