Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Alien : Isolation

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2014 19:18:30 GMT
Just saw the trailer for this as its been announced for late 2014 release , looks like your playing as Ripleys daughter. I was pretty impressed with the initial look of it , and not a gun in sight.
I know the inevitable Aliens : CM chat will come up, but I'm a big fan of the franchise so it has my attention. Anyone else know about this game? As I literally just saw the offical video today.
From the end of the vid it looks like it'll be cross gen and both Xbox and PS platforms, i only found it as Xbox posted it on their Facebook.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 19:26:49 GMT
Is it made by Gearbox ?.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 19:33:41 GMT
Lol no, but I don't think anyone will be surprised with that one!

SEGA announced it and its being developed by Creative Assembly I believe

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 19:37:05 GMT
SEGA has finally announced Alien: Isolation, confirming the first official details on Creative Assembly's long-rumoured Alien title.

Due for release on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PC in late 2014, Alien: Isolation follows the plights of Ellen Ripley's daughter Amanda, sent aboard remote trading station Sevastopol on a mission to recover the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, 15 years after the events of the original Alien movie.

The game also appears to be taking a starkly different direction to previous Aliens games, with the focus having moved away from combat and repositioned on slower-paced survival horror.

It's Amnesia in space, essentially, with Ripley stalked by a lone Xenomorph aboard the station.

"When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again," reads the story synopsis.

"Fifteen years later, Amanda, now a Weyland-Yutani employee, hears that the flight recorder of her mother's ship, the Nostromo, has been recovered at the remote trading station Sevastopol. The temptation for her to finally understand what happened is too much to resist. When the crew arrive at Sevastopol, they find something is desperately wrong. It all seems to be connected to an unknown menace, stalking and killing deep in the shadows.

"In order to uncover the truth about her mother, Amanda is forced to confront the same terrifying thing that separated them."

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 00:35:47 GMT
Don't Creative Assembly make the Total War games? A bit of a jump isn't it? Historic RTS to futuristic survival horror. I suppose Naughty Dog went from platforming bandicoots to action adventure survival horror so who knows.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 01:32:01 GMT
Sounds good actually

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 08:50:38 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jan 2014 09:14:08 GMT
N. Mcclure says:
From what I read the game is built round the alien stalking you . it learns and you won't he able to fool it with the same tricks. Insta death and you'll be able to craft items to help you but there are also shooting levels with other enemies. Bit who hasn't been revealed. It looked great I bet shetbox will be kicking themselves when this game turns out

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 08:50:45 GMT
Wodawick says:
My interest is peaked by this, I love that after so many poor games mis-using the franchise a developer is actually emphasizing horror over action! my only worry is that Creative Assembly has lost a lot of the faith I had in them with the horendous Rome 2 release, heres hoping that they can pull this off, though I'll personally be waiting for reviews/word of mouth before I put any money down.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 09:00:22 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Jan 2014 11:29:00 GMT
I'm well up for this, looks fantastic, if only Gearbox and co took one iota of the tension from this trailer and added it to Colonial Marines it would have been infinitely better game. I could forgive the poor graphics, questionable story, my biggest problem was the way they through Aliens at you from the get go, they never hunted you , or had any hint of a real threat.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 09:30:28 GMT
kinjoking says:
interesting, i saw this on xboxachievements.com yesterday, dont you play as ripleys daughter or something? they who played the 1 hour demo over at the devs companies offices in west sussex said that he was too afraid to even move forward in the level, and that some of the other guys just hid in lockers the whole time, as if you alert the aliens, you die in about 2 seconds, if thats true then scary stuff!

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 12:07:00 GMT
Balli says:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQA7SmHZaII
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBTHss_1saI

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 12:52:30 GMT
Yeah it looks very nice. But I wonder how long before it got boring. If the gameplay remains fun and you have to think then this could be awesome.

Posted on 8 Jan 2014 13:00:15 GMT
Takes some guts to release an Aliens game without a Pulse rifle ; )

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Jan 2014 13:52:38 GMT
What could be boring about inching around a level and hiding for ages in places? Call of Duty's MP thrives on it and that sells bazillions of copies.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xad0de384)

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  7 Jan 2014
Latest post:  8 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions