Sony Playstation TV

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Jun 2014 11:08:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2014 11:12:06 BDT
R says:
Anybody interested in PS TV?

Sony PlayStation TV (PS4)

Seems pretty cheap, remote play PS4 games on a second TV, play Vita games on TV, stream gaming when it arrives and the usual Sony movie and music services. I might get it for PS4 remote play so I can play PS4 games in my living room. I worry about input lag but for non multiplayer games I think it should be OK.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2014 11:21:25 BDT
Will see what it's like when it's out, as it is something I would be interested in as it is a pain in the ring piece taking my PS4 from my study to the downstairs TV if I wanna play it whilst watching me little'un.

So if this does what it says on the tin well, it will be a purchase for me..

Posted on 12 Jun 2014 11:25:53 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2014 11:33:21 BDT
R says:
I like my PS Vita remote play (it works well streaming wise) but the lack of R2/L2 buttons is a major pain and pretty much destroys the experience for me - having to use that rear touch pad for anything else other than a dedicated Vita game just isn't pleasant. Vita TV will get around this albeit you need a TV. It's a shame you cannot use a PS3/PS4 controller with your Vita for remote play.

Posted on 12 Jun 2014 11:34:09 BDT
Bozz says:
Im intrested in this. As it is my PS4 is set up in the bedroom upstairs and its just more confortable to play it in the living room. So when im off work or the Mrs is out on a weekend this would come in very handy. If its priced decently (£60ish) I will be all over it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2014 11:39:14 BDT
My mate uses his Vita for remote play and says it's a good system, but it struggles as some games just don't suit the controls. This has put me off a Vita tbh, as there isn't many games I would be interested for pure Vita, so it would be a waste for me anyways.

At 80 sheets a pop it's not a massive gamble if it works well..

If you could use a PS3 & PS4 Controller then it would be an almost certain purchase for me (For Fifa, GT etc)

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2014 11:48:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Jun 2014 11:48:40 BDT
R says:
"If you could use a PS3 & PS4 Controller then it would be an almost certain purchase for me (For Fifa, GT etc) "

PS TV allows you to use PS3 and PS4 controllers. Vita doesn't though.

Vita has plenty of games in its back catologue. I collected (tagged them) over a couple of years on PS+ so I literally had dozens of Vita games to play for free when I eventually did buy a Vita. The future looks bleak though with few dedicated Vita games on the horizon - saying that I still think the Vita is worth it for its back catalog.

The only other downside for PS TV for me is that my partners kids are gaming mad so to add the ability to play my 'out of bounds' PS4 from downstairs will be just too much to resist for them - though I think I can restrict access.

Posted on 12 Jun 2014 11:56:56 BDT
The compatibility of PS TV with Vita games is woeful though - anything with touch or tilt elements doesn't work. I think there's only Soul Sacrifice and Muramasa of the PS+ games that would actually work with this (aside from those which are also available on PS3/4) - Golden Abyss, Gravity Rush, Killzone Merc, Tearaway etc. don't

That said, if the streaming quality and input lag are okay then it's a handy piece of kit for the price. I might wait for reviews

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2014 12:01:17 BDT
R says:
Good points. I wouldn't be playing Vita games on it but as you point out people thinking of getting big screen access to Vita games will be disappointed. For PS4 remote play I think it should be OK - which is the main reason I'd get it. Plus PS Now might be worth it too - when it arrives.

Posted on 12 Jun 2014 12:19:10 BDT
noblood says:
I will get this but was hoping for a price around £60 not £85. US gets it for $99 and we almost pay same price.

When is it released - Sept/Oct?

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Jun 2014 13:06:39 BDT
I'm in the same situation as you Bozz, PS3&4 in the bedroom for two reasons, stops my daughter breaking it and allows me to play in peace while the misses watches her soaps.

This looks small enough to store away and connect on the times the misses is out or in bed, also would be a good introduction to games for the kid when older as its compatable with the DS3 so i don't have to worry about a new £50 controller getting broken.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  12 Jun 2014
Latest post:  12 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions