Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Up to 70% off Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Voyage Shop now Shop Now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Anyone heard or ordered from electronicsavers.com

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 68 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 25 Dec 2012 15:30:30 GMT
SleepingDogz says:
Merry Xmas all!

Anyone heard or ordered from electronicsavers.com, as i want to place an order from them but never heard of this company before, also they only have an email address for you contact them on? they accept paypal so if i do place an order would i fully covered.

Cheers to anyone who can help on this.

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 02:58:54 GMT
Meereck says:
Their deals are too good to be true and their web site looks dubious so I would assume they are fraud.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 10:31:57 GMT
Spacepig says:
This is a scam website SleepingDogz avoid at all costs. See here:

http://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/electronicsavers.com

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 13:59:45 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
94% trust rating doesn't sound so bad to me

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 17:41:42 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2012 17:49:27 GMT
Hi,

I have just ordered from this website, and as you, am a little curious. I have paid with paypal so will be covered and also used my credit card through paypal for extra protection. I logged into paypal from their website as normal, and there was no reason to suggest it was a fake paypal site as soon as I logged in it pulled through my registered credit/debit cards and they were X'd out (xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-****) so I didn't need to confirm anything. I did however change my paypal password straight away just in case!

I have since received a confirmation from them also.

I have done some research into their website and have found an address to where it is registered and a name. They also feature in a catalog app powered by a 3rd party on Apple App Store, which states that items purchased from this company are shipped from Manchester which matches the address the website is registered against.

I'll keep you all updated with this order so we'll see what happens from here!

Merry Xmas!

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 19:56:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2012 20:10:57 GMT
Big Dog12 says:
I've just placed an order with them as well because the price for their 500gb PS3 is very good. Everything appears legit and at least using Paypal with a credit card gives some peace of mind. Delivery date is this Saturday so hopefully everything runs smoothly.

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 20:21:10 GMT
naypo says:
I have also placed an order but was also hesitant but most of the prices aren't even that much cheaper then they would be through groupon or in the sales and the site is secure but did pay with a CC through paypal just in case. We'll see how it goes I guess!

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Dec 2012 20:25:14 GMT
Exactly the reason why I ordered... Very good price for 500gb ps3! Hopefully all is legit... Fingers crossed! Keep me updated with your order as I will too

Posted on 26 Dec 2012 20:53:04 GMT
Last edited by the author on 26 Dec 2012 20:53:44 GMT
Do they not have some feedback from other buyers you guys could check ?

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 10:05:03 GMT
I am suspicious into whether this site is genuine, i am also looking for a PS3 but 500gb for £159.99 seems too good to be true. Has anyone used this site before and can give feedback into the legitimacy of www.electronicsavers.com ?? Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 10:24:58 GMT
Your link claims the site has a high trust rating?

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 10:28:37 GMT
Hmm, zero customer reviews on the internet. A 500GB PS3 for over £30 less than the next cheapest retailer and £50 less than Amazon. The credit card approach is definitely the right one. Fingers crossed for you all.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:00:04 GMT
Jahz says:
I am a bit dubious too. I've tried contacting them, as I couldn't see any info about their shipping times (other than 'standard shipping'). It wasn't clear about cost of postage/shipping, even on checkout. Their warranty page info is also very thin on detail.

I emailed their contact address and it bounces. None of their social media links on the website work - they all go to default domains (facebook.com etc)

PayPal should provide the security I guess. But I'm still pretty wary of them. Can anyone detail what sort of stuff their purchase confirmation email contained? Estimated date of delivery? Any extra postage costs?

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:30:57 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
The link posted about it being a scam website said it was highly trusted. I don't understand why people a freaking out, if you're worried than shop elsewhere I'd say.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:42:38 GMT
Myself and a friend ordered the PS3 500gb last night (both seperately, I didn't know he used the same site until last night). I'm not worried, as PayPal should have us covered.

I've found no customer feedback online but it looks like the site is new and probably incomplete, launched unfinished for the Christmas sales. Having worked in web development for years, sadly it's not the first time I've seen this happen!

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Dec 2012 13:47:37 GMT
Spacepig says:
Sorry, I didn't make myself clear did I?

Here's my concerns: First of all, the website gives no contact details apart from an email address which, as one poster has noticed, appears to be dud. The scamadviser site points out that the email address used is a free one, something which no reputable company would use.
On the company website, in the About Us section, they helpfully advise " Simply call us or drop us a line and we'll be sure to get back to you within 24 hours". Try finding a phone number to call them on.
Your payments should be safe enough if you use Paypal, but I just wonder how long they will be around. As some of you have placed orders, lets wait and see.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:51:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2012 13:56:19 GMT
naypo says:
I also thought it was down to being a new company. The confirmation email is very straight forward with order conf. Number billing & shipping address and details of the order. It's from a Gmail account though so guessing its just not set up yet - I have messaged them as it advertised a discount code but there was no field to actually put in the discount at checkout!

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:54:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2012 13:57:52 GMT
Hunter says:
Facts You Should Know About The Site
Domain name: electronicsavers.com
Domain Title: Electronic Savers | A responsive Shopify theme
Domain Age: 10 Years, 60 Days
Website Speed: Very Fast
Owner: Warren Shaw
Address: 55 Donville Cresent, Manchester, Lancs OL84DY, UK
Website Location: United States

Notes:-
Technical contact email address is a free one
Administrative contact email address is a free one

Analysis Details:-
Although this website appears to be based in United States there are other countries involved and you should review this information carefully and decide if it is as you expect.

Free email addresses have been in the setup of this website. This is not necesarily worrying, depending on the site. For online shops, this can be a sign that the site has some risk

Name: Warren Shaw
Street: 55 Donville Cresent, Manchester, Lancs OL84DY, UK
Registrar: GODADDY.COM, LLC
Web : http://registrar.godaddy.com
Registrar Country: United States

Name: Shaw, Warren
Email: clickleadprofit@gmail.com

Ip Address: 64.202.189.170
Hosting Service: "GoDaddy.com"
Hosting City: Scottsdale
Hosting Region: AZ
Hosting Postal: 85260
Hosting Country: United States
Domain Created: 29-oct-2002
Domain Expires: 29-oct-2013
Domain Life: 4018
Other Domains:
Ping: 448
Speed: Very Fast
Network Name: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Network Country: United States

Nameserver IP: 208.109.255.20
Target : ns40.domaincontrol.com
City : Scottsdale
Region : AZ

Nameserver IP: 216.69.185.20
Target : ns39.domaincontrol.com
City : Mesa
Region : AZ

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 13:58:19 GMT
I suppose we will all just have to wait and see what happens. We've all paid through PayPal and with credit cards so we should be covered with sufficient protection if it is a scam. As I stated originally, which I'm not sure if you guys have as well, I've changed my PayPal password JUST incase the have my details for any reason. Please let me know if you receive your items! If I do get my amazingly priced PS3 then great!

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 14:20:35 GMT
Datolite says:
Seems dodgy to me.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 14:26:15 GMT
Last edited by the author on 27 Dec 2012 14:26:33 GMT
Hackerdude says:
Just though Id let you all know that address is litrally 5 mins away from my house, I've never heard of them and its erm.....a very dodgy ethnic import orientated part of Manchester.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 14:47:38 GMT
Sweet so even if u have all been scammed we have his address and all go round for some mob Vengance !! I'm in !! Flaming torch on stand by !

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 14:55:35 GMT
Hackerdude says:
Just had a quick Google it's about 5 miles from mine and its a house not a commercial building. Look's as though the goods will just be straight forward imports, I'd be wary but if it turns up fake I'll pm you my Paypal and for a small fee justice will be served.

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 15:04:11 GMT
"I'd be wary but if it turns up fake I'll pm you my Paypal and for a small fee justice will be served."

Why don't we all send you a tenner each, then you can rob his house and these guys all get their PS3s for a real dirt cheap price?

Posted on 27 Dec 2012 15:09:23 GMT
Hackerdude says:
Make it £20 and it's a deal, I'll even lay a turd in his biscuit jar.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Platini's Fifth Official Amazon Football Thread - Post Fergie Number 1 8208 15 minutes ago
Anybody waiting Until Dawn ? 72 53 minutes ago
Wednesday PS3 Gaming night 8874 57 minutes ago
What Are You Currently Playing Part 6: "DAT PERFECT..." Edition 5655 1 hour ago
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - PS3 Clan Thread ! (take 2) 1192 1 hour ago
Upcoming Games - 2014 / 2015 Edition. 4109 1 hour ago
Disney Infinity 3.0 is surprisingly pretty good. 0 5 hours ago
'Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain' - Reviews 97 6 hours ago
Gears of War Ultimate edition now includes all the Gears games (360 versions) 39 7 hours ago
Name and shame your gaming backlog 879 8 hours ago
Destiny 3751 8 hours ago
Almost two years in, what's your opinion on the current generation ? 18 9 hours ago

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  68
Initial post:  25 Dec 2012
Latest post:  11 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions