Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

South Park, the wait is nearly over!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Feb 2014 15:13:03 GMT
kinjoking says:
so who will be buying this most anticipated of games?
which character/style do you think you'll play as?
will it be better in co-op or is SP the way to do it?

whos getting it on what format?

im genuinely excited for a South P RPG, 4 player online co-op sounds like a winner to me!

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 15:47:41 GMT
Im getting this now thanks to Hideo prat and his 2 hour MGS GZ.

Ill play as Eric Cartman and that's all I know really, don't much about the game tbh, just seen the trailer and it looks very funny. Im not keen on turn based combat, but hopefully ill get used to it.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 15:52:27 GMT
kinjoking says:
cool, im sure most people will be clamouring to play as cartman in the lobbies perhaps, the humour will keep people playing im sure.

TBC usually works quite well, did you play Costume quest? seems like a much bigger and better version of that but with toilet humour, and that game was fun :)

u Ps4ing it?

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 10:24:30 GMT
J. E. Cross says:
Will be getting this I expect but will check reviews first. Might wait for price cut due to backlog.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 10:35:32 GMT
RAB says:
When's it out again?

I'm really looking forward to this as well, seems to be a genuine production with input from Parker and Stone, and should be a nice escape from all the serious games I've been playing recently.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 11:02:27 GMT
kinjoking says:
its out in march, so there may be a conflict between playing that and finding time for Metal gear lol

yea i think they really pulled the boat out for this game

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 11:08:34 GMT
Had this pre-ordered since october last year. It's a close call as to which im looking forward to more, this or dark souls 2 and they both arrive within a week of eachother FTW. The trailers and gameplay i've seen look awesome and very funny. The nagasaki fart trailer had me crying with laughter. Just hope i'm not building it up in my head too much as i'm a huuuuuuge fan of the show. Didn't know there was any multiplayer, has this just been announced?

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 11:26:02 GMT
kinjoking says:
im sure i read that it was 4 player co-op aswell as SP, could be wrong though.

i havnt seen any trailers so far, im going in totally blind, not sure if thats a good idea or not incase i hate it.

but SP over Dark SOuls imo, mainly because i suck at dark souls lol

you would probably be able to complete southP in a week then your free for DS, win win.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 11:38:51 GMT
Tried to google stick of truth multiplayer but my facist work filter wont display any of the results, will have to wait til i get home to research it. Not sure how co-op would be with turn based combat tho.

You should defo check out some of the trailers, they seem to be cut pretty well as not to spoil too much. At least check out the gameplay vid of the giggling donkey inn on youtube, should give you an inkling on whether you'll hate it of not.

Probs play SP and DS2 at the same time, use SP as a bit of comic relief when i'm getting dominated by DS. I sucked too at first, but practise and understanding the rules made me a much better DS player. Perseverance is the key.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 11:40:39 GMT
RAB says:
Ah, clashes with Titanfall too then, that's a bugger.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 11:58:41 GMT
kinjoking says:
yea your right, i think i will check some trailers later.

its a good point about the need for DS2 relief, i spent all my time farming souls in DS then attempted a boss fight without ever spending them, proper noob lol!

RAB i have a feeling people will be dissapointed with titanfall, i dont know any MP exclusive game that has any sort of lasting appeal and thats also without loads of glitches n stuff?

could be worng ofcourse and probably am.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 13:04:39 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2014 13:04:57 GMT
"its out in march, so there may be a conflict between playing that and finding time for Metal gear lol"

LOL I cant see Metal Gear conflicting with anything as it sounds like it will take you longer to eat your tea then finish MGS ground zero.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 13:09:40 GMT
Schoolboy error, i've had a few such incidents. You never forget the first time you lose a decent wack of souls. I'd heard the painted world was a good place for farming souls, so i spent like an hour building up a good amount then accidentally hit priscilla on my way out and the invisible *#@! 1hk'd me. I would've been fine but those blobs things in the courtyard surrounded me and killed me on my way back to my bloodstain. I damn nearly broke my pad in rage.

If you're gonna try trailers defo look for the nagasaki one, it brings me a chuckle even just thinking about it now but randy is probs my fav he cracks me up just by smiling.

I think titanfall looks awesome, it was the only Xbone exclusive which almost tempted me to the dark side. I just think the speed and manouverability of the players might breathe a little life into a genre already saturated with generic near-future shooters.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 13:19:15 GMT
Datolite says:
"Ill play as Eric Cartman and that's all I know really"

I'm pretty sure the only character you get to play is the 'new kid'...

Was really looking forward to this but prolonged delays made me decide to not bother. Plus, I don't think it's out on the One?

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 13:53:08 GMT
kinjoking says:
you dont get to choose the character you play as?

breaking my balls gary
breaking my balls...

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 13:56:24 GMT
Datolite says:
Unfortunately not.

Plus no PS4/Xbone...

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 14:06:31 GMT
kinjoking says:
dont have one so not fussed ;P sucks for you guys though

im sure it will still be hella fun, its southP after all :) only 1 month to go

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 14:18:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Feb 2014 14:19:30 GMT
I'm not really fussed bout this being next gen either. It's not exactly gonna be crysis when it comes to graphics anyway. As long as it's in HD so it looks as good as the newer eps of the show.

I had to google your "breaking my balls" comment cos i couldnt remember which ep it was from, got a pic in my head of chis reeves doing something very untoward stuck in my head now lol.

I think everyone plays as the new kid or "sir d*****bag" as he's being called. You can customise his class and apearance though to make him your own. I think the classes are loosely based on the games of thrones eps from the end of the last series.

Took me four attempts and 3 re-writes to get that passed the objectionable material filter

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 14:36:58 GMT
Datolite says:
Well, it sucks when people don't have the previous gen anymore :(

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 15:01:34 GMT
You can't play as Cartman ??? .. well screw you guys I am going home !

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 15:05:47 GMT
Bozz says:
Theres no way they can top Chefs Love Shack on the Dreamcast

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 15:07:36 GMT
Was also no the N64 right? That game was awesome

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Feb 2014 15:12:56 GMT
Bozz says:
Not sure about N64, but it was class

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 16:59:03 GMT
Who remembers the South Park FPS on PS1 - N64 ?

The turkeys LOL !

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 17:31:02 GMT
Snowballs as weapons FTW
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  7 Feb 2014
Latest post:  11 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions