Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Anyone else experience this weirdness?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 May 2014 07:12:10 BDT
Hi Guys i haven't posted on here for a while, but anyway lets get down to the weirdness. Right i've moved to Saudi Arabia for 4 months with work and i've just bought an Xbox One here. The One isn't released till August but i managed to blag the only one they had in this mall for quite a few riyals. Anyway i've got it back to my digs and fired it up and put all my LIVE details in etc. I go to the games and apps window and find i have Assassins Creed 4 and Need for speed Rivals ready to install. Anyway i've installed them and played a bit. And last night i fired the Xbox up again and Dead Rising 3 is ready to install. So my questions are wtf is going why am i getting free games and has anyone else experienced this?

Posted on 27 May 2014 07:55:08 BDT
Ihsan says:
Someone has probably hacked your account and check if any money has been taken out of your bank

Posted on 27 May 2014 08:19:09 BDT
no money has been taken. assassins creed 4 and NFS were ready to install as soon as i'd fired up the xbox and put any bank details in. so i don't think i've been hacked. the xbox is a french one, just wondering if it was a display one that had a few games on it to show potential customers?

Posted on 27 May 2014 08:23:29 BDT
Thats not normal, but if everything is working fine i think you should just count yourself lucky getting some free games.

Posted on 27 May 2014 09:08:48 BDT
Yeah it is a bit weird but i'm not complaining considering how much i've spent on a few digital games and the One itself etc. Hopefully i'll be gifted Forza 5 later lol

Posted on 27 May 2014 17:08:44 BDT
Caryl576 says:
I'd be more concerned that Microsoft will spot it as a 'hacked' machine later and block it (although I guess it could be from a region where this stuff was free?)

Posted on 28 May 2014 05:44:29 BDT
I don't see how they'd spot it as a hacked machine as i've been buying stuff on it legit this week. i bought digital copies of wolfenstein and watchdogs as they aren't released on disc here yet. if i have to pay for the games that have been ready to install then i will when that happens.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 May 2014 10:12:41 BDT
CPM says:
Maybe the shop you bought it in installed them, to play, test. Sure your console isn't a shop demo machine.

Posted on 28 May 2014 13:02:15 BDT
I have no idea mate all i know is it was the only one in the mall that is near to where i'm staying. It was in a display cabinet unboxed with the accesories that it came with ie plug, kinect etc so i thought i'd have it. and before i paid for gold again i had a look through the settings and apps and 2 games were ready to install and the 3rd one turned up the other night ready to install. Proper weird.

Posted on 7 Jul 2014 07:23:38 BDT
Well now all the free games i got have mysteriously disappeared now lol oh well i had a good laugh on Dead rising 3 and may be tempted to buy it, but ac4 i already did on ps4 and need for speed ain't my thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  27 May 2014
Latest post:  7 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions