Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Jan 2014 10:10:20 GMT
Muzz says:
Morning All
Got a PS3 for Xmas and now looking to get a headset. Which do you think would be ther better deal (and are these good deals)?

Triton AX180 - £15
Turtle Beach P11 - £15-20 (ebay)

Bear in mind I'm not looking to spend more than £20, so no trying to upsell me on to something better ; )

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 10:16:43 GMT
Turtle Beach all the way. They're honstly the best affordable headsets you'll find. I recently bought a Giotek headset, took it back after 9 days because one of the earcups snapped with light use, went back to my Turtle Beach X10. I wouldnt ever bother with Tritons, theyre like the Dr Dre Beats of the gaming headset world, pretty to look at but lacking in quality.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 11:03:35 GMT
undeadcount says:
Before upgrading to a wireless headset i had a set of p11's and they offer very clear and crisp stereo sound.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 11:22:10 GMT
Honestly in the £20 price range it really doesn't matter what you get, you only start to notice quality differences in the higher end of the spectrum unless you buying like dirt cheap obvious knock offs like "Pony" headsets or something

Turtle Beaches are nice I guess but nothing special (very mediocre) they are no where near the quality of say Sennheiser headsets but you do tend to pay more for the likes of those

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 11:40:23 GMT
I dont think Senheisser do a PS3 headset do they? I swear by Sennheiser earphones but I think the OP was directly comparing two PS3 headsets.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 12:19:49 GMT
I honestly don't know I assumed they did some sort of variant don't see why they wouldn't

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 12:33:13 GMT
I got the PS3 Sony Pulse headset for xmas.

Very very nice too.

much more pricey than your budget though. :(

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 13:03:03 GMT
I would assume they wouldnt because its a small market for them, theres already a lot of names competing for the console headset market, I dont see why Sennheiser would bother. They do a range of PC headsets, but they're not PS3 compatable. I imagine most people who are happy to play a PS3 usually arent too fussed about having top notch headsets, people who do care about audio quality will usually have their console play through a sound system rather than a headset.

Posted on 7 Jan 2014 14:07:52 GMT
Muzz says:
I went for the TB ones from ebay. They will do nicely for the amount I will use them.

"most people who are happy to play a PS3 usually arent too fussed about having top notch headsets"
This is very much the case for me. Doesnt need to be top notch as I probably wouldn't notice a great deal of difference, and going from no headset to having a headset should mean 100% better than before : )
Cheers for the advice. I had also read the build quality on the Tritons wasn't up to much, so your post decided me.

Hopefully get them by the weekend to give them a whirl, although mostly playing gtaV right now so not sure how useful they will be for that.

Rick - I did look at some more expensive ones (Pulse included), but I think my good lady would have had my baws in a vice if I'd spent much more than i did.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 14:11:32 GMT
Tell me about it mate I'm trying to find a way to justify dropping £100 on a new fight stick haha

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Jan 2014 15:13:03 GMT
Glad you made up your mind, you wont disappointed with Turtle Beach, my X10s have been going strong since I bought them along side Forza 3 in release day :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  7 Jan 2014
Latest post:  7 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions