Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 792 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Nov 2012 19:22:15 GMT
kirk says:
Who's excited about this one then? I certainly am. I wasn't that enamoured with the second installment to be honest. The checkpoints respawning was one thing I found irritating, I also found the travelling a chore.

However, this new one seems to be offering open gameplay, but with slicker systems. I can't wait to cause a fire, which then sets a herd of animals stampeding through the enemy encampment. The guns look satisfyingly meaty and the antagonist looks like a great, fleshed-out nutter.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is the map maker. Hopefully some great battlegrounds will be made by the community. Sick of paying for map packs? This is definitely one to watch.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:27:48 GMT
Played it in the public stand at GC. Multiplayer was really good fun, single-player was ok but was a very short and linear demo. The PC graphics were absolutely amazing.

Wasn't a massive fan of FC2 but it was ok, this looks like it could be good though so will keep my eye on it.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Nov 2012 19:32:18 GMT
kirk says:
I'm really quite hyped for this one. It's going to be good, I can feel it in my balls.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:34:26 GMT
Dela says:
I'm getting it on PC mainly for the MP side of things with the guys off the PC thread...

Been watching a few trailers recently as it hasn't been on my radar long and have to say I'm impressed...

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:35:24 GMT
Howmuch75 says:
You better get round and see a doctor..

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:41:02 GMT
For high performance it recommends an i7, GTX 680 and 8gb RAM. Quite the specs really.

Minimum specs are quite reasonable, but it upsets me that max is ever-so-slightly beyond my reach.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:43:57 GMT
kirk says:
Ouch! I wish I could afford a beast PC.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 19:44:58 GMT
Dela says:
All this "you need an i7" is a load of tosh...

An i5 will rip it apart...

It looks like a GPU heavy game - anything over a C2Q will be more than enough IMO...

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 20:07:32 GMT
Interested but will wait for feedback from the RATS before buying. After loving FC Instincts/Predator on Xbox & FC1 on PC, FC2 left a bad taste in my mouth

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 20:09:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2012 20:20:44 GMT
M_Vastere says:
Really excited about this game - I plan on playing it on RD whilst the Wii U updates. It's going to be my go-to Xmas game I reckon.

Hoping the hunting is really fleshed out (like AC3 or Red Dead).

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 22:12:20 GMT
DaveOz says:
Looks rather good tbh. Hopefully it won't fall short of expectations.

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 22:59:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 20 Nov 2012 23:00:36 GMT
Yeah I'm everso slightly looking forward to this! Had the insane edition on pre-order for the ps3 for ages now, and it's out in a week and a half!

Massive open world, multiple islands, rivers & waterfalls, mountains, beeches, swamps, big cats, sharks, land vehicles, jet skis, hand gliders, guns like COD, 25+ hr campaign, loads of side missions, brilliantly insane villians.....4 player co-op campaign, fully fledged mp, deep map editor :)

What's not to love?

Posted on 20 Nov 2012 23:26:55 GMT
As Dela stated, most of us that frequent the PC thread have pre-ordered FC3 for the huge MP and Co-op.
We all had a blast playing through Borderlands 2 together, so hoping Far Cry 3 will exceed that BL2 co-op enjoyment.
The MP looks really good and have enjoyed all the gameplay trailers I have seen thusfar.

Can't imagine that its gonna be anything be brilliant !
Really looking forward to it and playing with the "BattleSlags".....

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 01:49:22 GMT
Really looking forward to this. I have the Insane Edition on preorder. Only 8 days now

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 02:21:30 GMT
Last edited by the author on 21 Nov 2012 10:41:38 GMT
P. Maurice says:
Few games come to mind to truly pit you in a character in relative world immersion as Far cry does. Tbh i'm equaly looking forward to this as GTA V, as first person open world vehicle shooters are rare as my ideal genre. "Lions & tigers & Bears, Oh my!"

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 07:29:07 GMT
G. Hanks says:
I'm really looking forward to it and had my preorder in for a while. The whole hunting/evading wildlife aspect has me intrigued as well and it'll be interesting to see how they interact with enemies and the player. Just hope my 360 decides to play the disc, it's been faffing around for a while now.

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 07:50:57 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
From what I've heard it's shaping up quite nicley, one guy on twitter was saying he didn't need to stealth into one base after an emu pecked a guard to death. That might annoy those who like things a bit more realistic but to me that sounds ace.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 08:03:38 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Rod Hull would be proud :-)

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 08:08:26 GMT
R. Woolmer says:
ive got to say i owned FC2 on ps3 and it annoyed me to death but on PC it was much much better. There was too much exponential on the sticks on console which made it hard to control and the spawning checkpoint system wasnt near as bad on PC, very strange.

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 08:20:56 GMT
never played far cry 1 or 2; never owned an xbox or a gaming PC so far cry 1 was never an option, and read so much about far cry 2 being technically very impressive, but so annoying at the same time, the main annoyances being re-spawning enemies, and enemies who are more accurate at sniping with a pistol than those guys in 'wanted' with the mega guns at the start and end of the film.

with re-spawning enemies a thing of the past, no breaking guns, actual fast travel, no malaria, etc etc. i honestly think (read: IMO) this'll be game of the generation IF open world and especially FPS are your thing........

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 08:56:44 GMT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
i enjoyed Far Cry 2 the only thing that filled me with rage was the respawning checkpoints!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 09:05:07 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
What about the buddies Bally? Someone comes to save you which is welcome then they run away into the bush, get shot and you spend 25 minutes looking for them only to revive them then for them to run away again and get shot. Or the malaria, doing a story mission which you have had to travel for about 20 minutes to get to finally getting their and then running out of tablets so that you have to turn around and find some of those instead or the enemy a.i. In the bush in a gullie suit with a sniper rifle, you stand up and for a couple of seconds as you can't see anybody and want to get a lie of a land then someone with xray vision sees you from 10 miles away through a tree trunk.

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 09:17:16 GMT
That's a pretty accurate overview of everything wrong with FC2. Considering how vocal the gaming community has been about the flaws in that game I would not expect these issues to return.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Nov 2012 09:20:38 GMT
BALLYSEAGAL says:
i suppose your right but i still enjoyed most of the game

Posted on 21 Nov 2012 09:28:52 GMT
I would add to Astro's list loosing your car and having to literally walk for 5 - 10 minutes to get to anything of interest.

Though I did enjoy FC2 - at the time it felt very next gen in terms of graphics and the game world. FC3 is not release day for me atm due to heavy game traffic - definately on the radar though.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa69b7060)

This discussion

Participants:  82
Total posts:  792
Initial post:  20 Nov 2012
Latest post:  3 Feb 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions