Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PC is 'superior' to PS4 and Xbox One, says Nvidia

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Nov 2013 14:52:16 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2013 14:54:30 GMT
Jazz says:
NVidia's may introduce smaller livingroom-friendly PCs. The PC platform is far superior to any console when it comes to gaming, plus you get all the extra functionality that a computer brings says NVidia. Steam now has more users than Xbox Live.

Oh yes and PC's are still available to be bought!

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 14:55:33 GMT
Nessy says:
Nvidia telling people not to buy products that use AMD tech *shock horror* ;).

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 14:59:26 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
[PC/Xbox One/PS4] is superior to [PC/Xbox One/PS4] says [Nvidia/AMD/Microsoft/Sony]

Cross out as necessary.

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 14:59:44 GMT
TROLL says:
I read that the textures on PS4 are as good as the textures on PC at Ultra. The shadows, AA and view distance are'nt quite as good as Ultra but still I'm impressed.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 16:17:47 GMT
Xbox One is superior to PC says Sony?
PS4 is superior to Xbox One says Microsoft?

I think you should set some usage guidelines to your game, I cant seem to get it right.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 16:27:02 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
That's part of the fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 17:47:24 GMT
"I read that the textures on PS4 are as good as the textures on PC at Ultra. The shadows, AA and view distance are'nt quite as good as Ultra but still I'm impressed."

There's been lots of comparisons and discussions with Battlefield 4 used as the benchmark, however non of the articles I've read have made much sense. 'Ultra' is just a relative term and doesn't actually mean anything unless put into context.

Battlefield 4 runs on anything from a Core 2 Duo to an 8 core FX-9370, onboard graphics to Quad fire HD7970s, it's not actually refined for any system in particular.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJuz8pCfNJk

Just keep in mind that a PC can play this at 4k on 6 monitors

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 17:50:30 GMT
Watch the video, you'll see that the PS4 version isn't as detailed as the ultra PC settings, less effects/details/shadow...

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 17:52:42 GMT
Nessy says:
A £350 console doesn't play multi platform games as well as a £1000 PC *shock horror* ;).

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 17:56:38 GMT
Why a £1000 PC??? you could do it on almost half that.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/%C2%A3600-PC-that-will-destroy-XB1-PS4/lm/R12C0IYS34KTYB/ref=cm_lm_byauthor_title_full

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 17:58:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2013 18:01:17 GMT
Nessy says:
"Why a £1000 PC??? you could do it on almost half that."

Because your banging on about playing BF4 at Ultra @ 4k resolutions over six monitors that's why :).

We all know PC's are better for gaming but guess what most of us just PREFER consoles... get over it.

Also that PC costs almost double a PS4 and you missed out the Monitor, keyboard, mouse, gamepad and Windows 7, so again your point is invalid :P.

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 19:37:19 GMT
djburty says:
I'm a little confused - if nvidia may introduce smaller living-room pcs then how can they be already available? If they bring out a specific pc for the same price as a ps4 and sell as many units worldwide of that particular pc at launch - I'll be a bit surprised :)

just a note to pc fanboys - no one who buys a console thinks it'll beat a pc on graphics and frankly we just don't care.

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 21:15:43 GMT
Alienware already do the X51 as the same sort of thing, it's rubbish and crazy priced just like everything else Alienware makes...

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 21:25:25 GMT
TROLL says:
Marshall im a pc gamer (who plays on ultra) and ive just played it at my brothers on his xb1. Yeh its not quite up there with pc but its as good as high settings with maybe the textures v high.

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 23:35:20 GMT
Don't get me wrong, I like to chill on the sofa for most games rather than sit at a desk with my PC... Graphics are nothing unless there's a good game behind it, Crysis is the classic example, it is still breathtaking for a 6 year old game but it's pretty poor game play wise... What console versions Battlefield 4 have that the PC doesn't is hoards and hoards of pre pubescent, racist, raging, Americans...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  29 Nov 2013
Latest post:  29 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions