Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 May 2014 07:46:11 BDT
...can you do me a favour and please sum up what's been happening with Watch Dogs? You're most likely the best man for the job.

I got a bit out of the loop in the controversy.

First reviews are trickling in and they seem decent enough. Did the PS4 version suffer a massive downgrade in the end?

Posted on 26 May 2014 12:59:25 BDT
Ihsan says:
Go on twitch people already are streaming the ps4 version

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2014 13:38:55 BDT
Last edited by the author on 26 May 2014 13:40:05 BDT
Nessy says:
I have no opinions on gameplay, well because I haven't played it.

In terms of visuals (esp the lighting engine) it's been massively downgraded not only since the famous reveal but since we saw videos of it apparently running on PS4 last year. The PC version is basically just the PS4 version except you can run it at a higher res, framerate with extra aa obviously.

Guys with the best PC's money can buy are struggling to get 40fps on High / Ultra and it uses 3.8GB's of vRAM on Ultra settings lol...

Posted on 26 May 2014 13:51:53 BDT
I was expecting this to be another thread by Doonii.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2014 13:53:17 BDT
Nessy says:
Same... Was kind of letdown haha.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2014 14:38:30 BDT
Thanks for the overview, mate, very helpful! I'll be grabbing the PS4 version.

Apologies for the disappointment.

Posted on 26 May 2014 14:55:15 BDT
noblood says:
From what I've seen of uncompressed PS4 videos and screenshots, it looks great at night and in rain and late afternoon. Water is awesome too.
Midday looks good but not fantastic.

General consensus is gameplay is great esp the online hacking. Some people are complaining about driving being off but bearable.

A lot of negativity about the downgrade is overblown IMO, esp on GAF. There are people on there nitpicking about silly things whilst most have come round to the fact it is a great game.

I have no worries about the game (PS4 anyway).

Posted on 26 May 2014 14:58:37 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I'm resisting watching any streaming stuff too late now anywat it will be here tommorow.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 May 2014 15:08:59 BDT
Nessy says:
Don't get me wrong I think it looks good on PS4 but it's not as impressive as the 'PS4 gameplay' we saw in the two official videos from 2013 nevermind the initial E3 reveal trailer from 2012.

Ok the consoles might not have turned out as powerful as Ubisoft had hoped but why doesn't the PC version on Ultra look like the initial reveal ?...

Typical BS 'reveal trailers' from Ubisoft, they done the same with Red Steel, Assassins Creed, Ghost Recon, ZombiU and Farcry 3. Looking forward to seeing The Division downgrade at E3 lol.

Posted on 27 May 2014 09:19:46 BDT
WhatNow says:
£60 digitally on Xbox One ..........

Posted on 27 May 2014 11:36:24 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Still undecided on if I should actually shell out release day prices for this or wait until the inevitable price drop so any reviews from those of you who have picked it up would be welcome!

Posted on 27 May 2014 12:18:17 BDT
G. Hanks says:
Part of me wishes that if everyone cancelled there pre-order then it'd send a message to Ubisoft to get rid of their ridiculous pre-order culture and review embargos.

Posted on 27 May 2014 21:12:42 BDT
John morris says:
"Part of me wishes that if everyone cancelled there pre-order then it'd send a message to Ubisoft to get rid of their ridiculous pre-order culture and review embargos."

G. Hanks,

Nobody would buy their games then fella. ;)

Posted on 30 Apr 2016 18:27:49 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 30 Apr 2016 18:28:00 BDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Resident Evil 12 5 hours ago
stop playing 4 5 hours ago
Nintendo Thread Part 3 "Get N or get out" 7310 9 hours ago
half a day and no posts 34 20 hours ago
The Official Amazon Football Thread - The Race for Sixth 2053 22 hours ago
What Are You Currently Playing Part 7: A man chooses, a HAW obeys. 5610 22 hours ago
Cheap Games! 4526 1 day ago
Season passes? 11 1 day ago
Battlefield 1 93 1 day ago
Any muppets, clowns..... 24 1 day ago
Is anyone else attending EGX this year? 3 1 day ago
XBOX One S 6 1 day ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  26 May 2014
Latest post:  30 Apr 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions