Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Titanfall minus Titans?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Mar 2014 22:51:09 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 02:27:58 GMT
With the Beta it got to the stage where I was purely leaving my Titans on auto mode as it was just too much fun as a pilot.

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 08:52:58 GMT
I think playing Titanfall without the Titans would be like playing COD without the guns

The very reason I feel Titanfall is so popular right now is because it's basically everything that COD isn't, I think it would be awful to move closer to what was done with the COD games

Then again I have no problems with people being given an option to do whatever the hell they want in private matches

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 08:55:10 GMT
Titanfall minus Titans = Call Of Duty..

/vote_down_fanboys!

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 09:26:26 GMT
Titanfall minus Titan = fall

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 09:32:26 GMT
0 of 5 people think this post adds to the discussion.

lol..

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 09:37:26 GMT
0 of 4 people would like to pull your skin back and lick the tip.

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 09:38:26 GMT
I think anyone whose played the beta for a while will recognise that it's very different to COD. Fluidity of movement for starters, which is what Brink seemed to be aiming for but ultimately failed to achieve. I think some games will naturally gravitate to people abandoning their titans and having them as back-up guardians.

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 10:57:47 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2014 20:37:04 GMT
Dark Zentai says:
I understand why some might want a mode without titans
because of games like halo and battlefield were as soon as someone gets into a tank or a fighter jet of some type it then becomes very hard to get them out especially if the player is a veteran of the game
and it turns some people off the game very quickly
but by the looks of titanfall it was design in mind that their are lot of way to get players out the titans and it not like battlefield were their is no were to hide as players can just blow the buildings up
a titan does not make you an invincible tank and sometimes it makes it easy for others to kill you
but I do disagree the game without titans would not be cod I don,t see my head getting instantly snipped off just because I stuck it out a door for half a second like on cod ghosts

I have a ps4 and I must say titans fall does look good even if their is no single player story its the one game Im disappointed the ps4 did not get
but we have been promised titans fall 2 which is nice

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 12:33:45 GMT
Dont get me wrong guys, im not saying I want to get rid of the titans, just that in the process, I think respawn have created another game for themselves, to go alongsode TitanFall if you will. I expect this game engine to start cropping up in other titles.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 13:18:52 GMT
Unless they license and sell the engine (which is a modified version of Source) then no I don't think we will see other developers using it

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 13:41:39 GMT
"I expect this game engine to start cropping up in other titles."

Me too:

Alien Swarm
Bloody Good Time
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Counter-Strike: Source
The Crossing (video game)
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Day of Defeat: Source
Dear Esther
The DinoHunters
Dogfights: The Game
Dota 2
E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy
Half-Life 2
Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Episode One
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Half-Life: Source
Hybrid (video game)
Kuma\War
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2
NeoTokyo (video game)
Nuclear Dawn
Portal (video game)
Portal 2
Postal III
The Ship (video game)
SiN Episodes
Sting: The Secret Operations
Tactical Intervention
Team Fortress 2
Titanfall
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Vindictus
Zeno Clash

To name just a few ;)

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 15:49:58 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2014 15:51:47 GMT
That's the funny thing it uses the Source engine. I wonder how long it'll take for people to complain (like they did/do with COD) about how the game is running on an engine made over ten years ago. Are valve developing a Source 2 does anybody know?

I haven't played the beta but looking at videos I'd question whether removing the Titans would unbalance the game. Lots of skirmishes seem to center around titans so localising the battles removing that might scatter players.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:04:49 GMT
Tbh, Source is a cracking engine, more than enough for PS4 and X1 games, it can easily handle render resolutions up to and over 1920x1080, but due to the PS4/X1 being essentially capped at 1080p, theres no need for a more powerful engine, its got all the lighting and alpha capabilities that any game will need over the next 5-7 years, its only real hinderence is its texture resolution cap, but since its so easily modifiable, devs will likely fix this, but also they wont need to if games arent being rendered above 1080p.

Posted on 4 Mar 2014 16:11:48 GMT
Bauer says:
Plus If you took away the Titans, the game would just be called "fall" and that's a sily name for game.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:12:47 GMT
"Having played (and loved) the Beta, im really looking forward to this launching.

However I was also struck by another thought, I can imagine really enjoying this game if you make this more COD-esque, remove the Titans but keep the movement mechanics, maybe even expand on the vertical aspects.

Maybe this is a game mode they could add to the game?"

I think that is quite reasonable, really. I played the Beta on foot up to Level 14 with my Titan either in guard or follow mode, but a lot of the time I just forgot to call for it drop. The community has put this question to Abbie Heppe and she said that although the game won't have a pilot-only mode for the game's launch, "[Respawn will] see what happens after launch."

Source from fifth paragraph of:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/titanfall-might-get-a-dlc-season-pass-pilot-only-mode-could-come-after-launch/1100-6418043/

There is also a 'Pilot Hunter' mode in which you only get points for killing Pilots, but Titans are in that mode as well. I hope that helps. Not long now, is it?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:14:04 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:29:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 4 Mar 2014 16:29:25 GMT
Pretty much what I said but you didn't get down voted for it. I realise it's just because those people couldn't lick my tip though.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:29:56 GMT
Doesnt explain its 3gb vRAM usage and tetchy frame rates though

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:39:06 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
Bad porting

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Mar 2014 16:44:41 GMT
Bauer says:
I read yours quickly and read it as Titanfall minus Titan = FAIL

You should type clearer ! ; )
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Resident Evil 19 4 hours ago
XBOX One S 10 7 hours ago
Name and shame your gaming backlog 2185 8 hours ago
The Official Amazon Football Thread - The Race for Sixth 2063 9 hours ago
What Are You Currently Playing Part 7: A man chooses, a HAW obeys. 5628 10 hours ago
Wednesday PS3 Gaming night 9859 11 hours ago
Nintendo Thread Part 3 "Get N or get out" 7312 13 hours ago
Cheap Games! 4530 13 hours ago
Original Dead Rising is heading to PS4 126 14 hours ago
The inaugural official Amazon 360/Xbox One Thread 6964 15 hours ago
Destiny 5588 17 hours ago
Nintendo shares fall 17% 14 18 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  3 Mar 2014
Latest post:  4 Mar 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions