Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Titanfall update 6

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-20 of 20 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Sep 2014 12:04:18 BDT
Dela says:
Mornanoon all

I don't know if anyone here is still playing Titanfall but I thought I'd post this anyway

Update 6 will include 8 vs 8 Pilot Skirmish - no grunts, no Spektres and NO TITANS

Just CoD style (albeit with jetpacks) arena shenanigans

Good idea?

or

Missing the point?

or

Deliberately added to go toe-to-toe with Advanced Warfare?

Full list of changes/additions in update 6 found here:

http://www.titanfall.com/game-update-six

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Sep 2014 12:14:10 BDT
I think it's a case of why not?

Most players think this will be fun, could add some more life into the game and if it does not get played much, then what harm has it done, can't have cost much to develop?

Also, competing with Advance Warfare? Well unless we see a major overhaul of COD then TF is so far beyond it, its not even in the same league, this however does not mean that COD won't outsell TF because it will, the yearly COD crowd probably missed out on TF.

So it's all good IMO.

I'll play it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, probably become a bit more campy than current game modes which are effectively anti camping, might give some more use to sniper class also?

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 08:38:22 BDT
I'm really looking forward to trying it out, as much as i love the core game i know there's been a lot of requests for a pilot v pilot only mode on the Respawns forums so the devs are just giving the people what they want.
Because of the nature of the gamemode it's going to make different strategies very viable and i'm looking forward to the new challenge, also it'll be good to test myself in a strict pvp enviroment.
I wouldn't be suprised if this mode becomes a standard for organised cometitive play due to it being a more familiar setup, ala classic TDM.

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 09:07:10 BDT
Dela says:
Update 6 drops tomorrow

Looking forward to trying PvP out actually - it should have always be an option

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 10:09:32 BDT
Yeah caught the update on Twitter this morning, dammit i'm already trying to find time to complete the 2 Metro games before Destiny hits, and now TF demands my attention again lol it's like a needy wife!!

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 10:44:43 BDT
Dela says:
You have to admit it's been supported well by the devs - too many games are dropped like a sack of spuds soon after release

That alone requires your attention

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2014 11:29:42 BDT
Definately Dela, it's had a title update every month since launch, and the 2 dlc packs with the 3rd rolling out next week i believe.

I firmly believe that if TF was available on PS4 the positivity on this game would be justly deserved and it would be hailed as it's new headline mp game as well, just a bloody shame its exclusive, gamers are gamers, just not fair to restrict a persons choice of game because of the platform it's on.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2014 12:12:14 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Sep 2014 12:12:38 BDT
Dela says:
Totally agree

Let's hope the second installment goes cross plat so it gets the full recognition it deserves

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 12:19:37 BDT
Very excited by this, might well end up playing this more than the standard game modes ( fantastic as it is I always get my A*** handed to me when im in a mech)! Great game

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 12:39:34 BDT
Dela - Can't imagine why someone would mark you down for that last comment , but yeah totally agree , i hope ps4'ers that are interested get the chance to enjoy someday.

Mr Davies - I think it's going to be a very popular mode, just because it'll be much more familiar with traditional fps players, the transition into mech combat can be pretty intense if timed wrong because as much as your a big walking piece of armour, your a big target as well and i find some players do struggle with using the various mechs to their strengths as they just wade in expecting to annhilate anything , which obvs doesn't happen a lot lol, would be funny if they had a stat for average lifetime/eject mode in a Titan.
Also the no AI means that more traditional target aquisition will be the order of the day again which will help out certain minded players as i've lost count of the amount of kills i get on pilots that are so busy going rambo on bots i get an easy kill on them !

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 15:31:13 BDT
Just noticed some posts on my Twitter feed saying the new update has been released early and is out today?
Don't suppose anyone can confirm this if they are near there X1?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Sep 2014 20:29:59 BDT
My son was on it earlier but I've not checked myself

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 22:14:12 BDT
Dela says:
Yep update live for PC too but theres a small problem

Cannot get into a game

Posted on 2 Sep 2014 23:30:18 BDT
Yeah games were weird tonight, but gotta be honest, not impressed, it's COD in space with camping or ninja jumpy superheroes. No in between.

Just annoyed me and when I went back to normal it felt much better.

Posted on 3 Sep 2014 08:11:41 BDT
Didn't get a chance to play the mode last night as when i had some time, it looks like i was right in the middle of the update 6 issues which wouldn't put me into a game lobby, so just decided to get on with some Metro.
Seems thats all been fixed though so i'll get a chance to check it out tonight.

The more i think on it Cam, i've got a feeling i'll prefer the core game experience as well as certain weapons/burn cards/pilot abilities are going to be very effective or not at all. The game was balanced with Titans and A.I in mind so having a mode that removes them is bound to unbalance some aspects of the game.

Either way i'll try it soon as make my own impressions from there..

Posted on 3 Sep 2014 08:41:37 BDT
Don't get why anyone is excited for a team deathmatch mode with no AI or titans? More to the point I don't get why this has been a popular request amongst gamers. That's why COD and every other ten a penny FPS exists for this type of game. The clues in the name, titans are an essential part of the experience in ky opinion. Without them the game would still play well and would still have the great maps but not be the same experiance.

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2014 08:48:55 BDT
That's how I saw it also, it was not bad, just was no where near the same level of pure fun. I'm also a novice at the parkour so for those who can fly about like Kung Fu masters from space it might be ok. Not for me, I'll play it with a squad just for a crack but I wouldn't go on it myself

Posted on 3 Sep 2014 09:30:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2014 09:36:25 BDT
Personally i think the vocal minority that shouted loudest for it, are probably classic fps players that have been taken out of their comfort zone, as between the movement mechanics, verticality , Titan Combat, and AI target aquisition, i think it's been too much of a learning curve for some , and they can't rationalise why they are dying using their old tried and tested fps methods , so have cried out for what they know..

Like i said though i'll try it out and form an opinion once i've tried it, i'm pretty decent at the parkour so i am looking forward to seeing how it plays out. If i don't like it , then back to core modes it is!

Posted on 3 Sep 2014 11:40:11 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2014 11:41:19 BDT
Other thing is this, with only 6v6 the maps seen huge because there is no drones or action going on to see elsewhere. I think they shoulda gone 10v10

Oh and a stupid mistake in the coding, as when you select your load outs you have to select your Titan load out as normal. Stupid that they missed that in testing

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Sep 2014 12:13:12 BDT
Last edited by the author on 3 Sep 2014 12:13:42 BDT
LOL yeah that is pretty lazy but i suppose it was the easy option,

another thing i know that will be a bit off will be tier 2 pilot kit, it'll only have 2 viable options, being the Icepick and Dead Mans Hand, as the rest of the options are titan specific. DMH in particular could get annoying if you don't do your best to remember Rah's Al Ghul's words 'mind your surroundings' :)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  20
Initial post:  1 Sep 2014
Latest post:  3 Sep 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions