Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Okami HD coming to PSN this fall

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 20 Jun 2012 04:58:28 BDT
http://kotaku.com/5919766/we-are-getting-a-hd-version-of-okami-yes

Capcom and Sony have just confirmed earlier reports that Clover's classic Okami will be getting a HD re-release.

It'll be made available as a digital download on the PlayStation Network for $20, and will be out sometime this "Fall" (it's out in Japan on November 1). Okami HD will boast "HD graphics", display in 16:9, will feature PlayStation Move support and will include trophies.

Yeah, it's another Okami re-release. But then, this is the one most people actually wanted. Which makes it good. Good.

UPDATE - Now with trailer.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:03:54 BDT
Sweet. Capcom have been pretty poor this gen wrt HD remakes (and in general tbh) but will reserve judgement for now

Great game though

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:07:03 BDT
DaveOz says:
Wow, will definitely be getting this at some point.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:11:35 BDT
Nick. says:
Never played this before, in HD and with trophies, I near certainly will. Comments on Kotaku seemed to hint that it is fantastic.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:34:56 BDT
i love Okami.. this is great news, lets hope Capcom dont mess it up! (as usual)

I was hoping this would come out for Vita too, it would work well with touch controls for the brush strokes and stuff.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:40:22 BDT
"Capcom have been pretty poor this gen wrt HD remakes (and in general tbh) but will reserve judgement for now"

My initial reaction to this was "YESTAKEMYMONEYCAPCOM", but yeah, considering Capcom's lack of effort with HD re-releases, I'm not convinced Capcom will do the game justice. Like Paul, I'll reserve judgement on this one - I really, really want this to be good, as it's an amazing game and deserves nothing less than an excellent HD update, but I simply don't trust Capcom to make the effort - it'll most likely just be a cheap cynical cash in by them.

... and yeah, I know all HD collections/re-releases are just cheap cash ins by who makes them, but at least Sony's own collections, and from what I've heard the MGS collection as well, have had a lot of effort put into updating them.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:42:28 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 23 Jul 2012 21:55:32 BDT]

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 07:45:26 BDT
Yeah the main issue with Capcom's Resi 4 HD release was the textures. They didnt bother to re-texture for the new resolution, so it just gets upscaled and makes the old textures look blurry/pixelated/poor, i noticed it got worse the further i progressed. This could look horrid on Okami (ive not seen the trailer yet though) but im hoping they will do whats right this time.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 07:50:38 BDT
I don't think they did much of a better job on DMC Collection either - from what I've read, they improved the in-game characters models and added 16:9 support, and that was pretty much it... they didn't even update the menu screens, so they were all in SD (and in 4:3 on the first two games).

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 08:54:09 BDT
Yeah DMC 1 on that collection is a mishmash of rubbish menus in 4:3 - SD cutscenes but 16:9 HD game with much much improved character models. The menu's make the whole thing feel cheap imo.

I thought Resi 4 looked lovely - but it had clearly just been made to run in HD so no upgrage of textures - it looked OK but I thought the 15 price point was a lot given what it was and it just reaks of a minimum effort maximum reward strategy rather than adding value. I picked up Resi 4 for 6 via PS+ and this price (7.99 normal) felt closer to the right price to me.

Never played Okami but given Capcom's track record with HD updates I will remain wary of doing so.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 09:24:29 BDT
Trigger says:
Okami is the best Zelda game since A Link to the Past.

Please don't screw this up Capcom.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 09:28:25 BDT
Okami was very good, but I don't need yet another HD remake! I have bought just one remake (Halo Anniversary) and that may have been one too many. This whole practice just seems unnecessary to me and thanks to the sub-par quality of the remakes in general, does that mean we get to see them remade in true HD for the PS4 and Nextbox as well? When will the madness stop?

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 09:33:32 BDT
Think of how well suited this game is for vita O_O. I always wanted it but always thought drawing the shapes/symbols with the PS2 controller would suck. I guess they will use move for this like how the wii remote was used in the remake. Vita screen would be so perfect for it though come on!

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 09:39:29 BDT
"but I don't need yet another HD remake!"

I do as I've never played it but heard lots about it. Sounds like my kind of thing so I'll snap this up when it comes out.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jun 2012 09:48:40 BDT
Trigger says:
I don't mind HD remakes as long as they're good value for money and the publisher puts a bit of effort in. Sony seem to have the right idea as far as this goes, while Capcom and Ubisoft seem happy to knock them out as cheaply as possible with a big FU to their fan-base.

And also, they're often in genres which don't get much representation any more, so I'm happy to see more platformers for instance even if they are regurgitated from last generation.

Posted on 20 Jun 2012 12:16:59 BDT
I'm more than happy to play remakes of games I missed last gen - Halo Anni and Beyond Good and Evil being good examples. Will probably pick up this and Jet Set Radio if they're done well
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  20 Jun 2012
Latest post:  20 Jun 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions