Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 79 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Apr 2014 00:00:12 BDT
Nessy says:
80 saving...

http://m.direct.asda.com/Xbox_One_Titanfall/003736104,default,pd.html

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 08:47:40 BDT
M. Whitaker says:
ouch, from 430 with no game to 350 with game in 4 months! that's a 130 discount effectively.
Must be selling so well for huge price drops of this nature.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 08:54:08 BDT
... says:
To be honest if the ps4 dropped by 80 bucks today I wouldn't care, I've had 80 bucks worth of pleasure out of it already so I wouldn't grumble.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 08:57:28 BDT
That's a great price.....to start a price war with Sony! Come on sony Drop it to 300.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 09:30:48 BDT
J. Morgan says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 09:41:29 BDT
Good price although I would still go for a PS4 because the kinnect is worthless to me and I'm backing Sony in the long term in regards to exclusive games. I wouldn't expect any price reduction from Sony at the moment, a small reduction may be announced at E3 with TLOU bundles but this is just speculation from me.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 09:44:28 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 09:46:24 BDT
J. Morgan says:
They won't even sort out the PS4 supply/demand situation before June (million a month). A price drop just before the next holiday season along with a big name title release would be a real kick in the nuts to MS.

Prior to that, just Watchdogs and Destiny being better on the PS4 will pretty much cover it.

"We're struggling to keep up with demand," head of Sony's PlayStation division Andrew House told The Wall Street Journal at this year's GDC. "Conservatively, as we get into the early summer months, we'll be closer to a full supply situation."

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 09:57:53 BDT
How did I know Morgan the Sony shill would say something like that.

Earning his money daily

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 09:59:53 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Your loyalty to something so substandard is kinda admirable :p Enjoy your upscaled Watchdogs :)

I'm just quoting what was said in the wall street journal.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:05:25 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 10:06:23 BDT
Fair enough, it was not that comment I replied to.

Unlike you I have no loyalty, I dont even own an Xbone or a PS4 yet, I just love watching you in action, just little snipes here and there, like a cancerous growth.

You are entertaining by your transparency.

someone posts about Xbone getting reduced....

quick Sony Boy an underhand comment about why Xbone is still rubbish and Sony is great is required.

why cant you just let it go, everyone has made their choices on here, so who are you trying to convince?

I dont see anyone in the Xbox or PS threads moaning about the other one anymore.

Just Agent Morgan

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:07:56 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Your wrong. I'm the one with no loyalty I've chosen the better cheaper product with the better cheaper services. Kind of amusing that you yourself don't realise it.

True or false - The PS4 runs multplats better ? The PS4 costs less ?

Where does loyalty come into that equation ? That's just common sense.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 10:16:03 BDT
Bozz says:
Does the PS4 run Titanfall better?

Swings and roundabouts Morgan old bean

Im a PS4'er and love it to bits. In my opinion its better than an X1. But in my opinion Frankie is the fittest Saturday and others think differently. Each to their own.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:21:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 10:21:31 BDT
all true, Im not campaigning here.

I just find you amuse me like a clown.

I've not chosen one yet, you're still a sony fan boy, always will be

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:28:53 BDT
Wednesday is my favorite..

Just adding to the fire here, but we all know Wii U > PS4/Xbone :)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:32:47 BDT
"Your wrong. I'm the one with no loyalty I've chosen the better cheaper product with the better cheaper services. Kind of amusing that you yourself don't realise it."

In the long-run, I think the PS4 will likely turn out to be the better investment. But a product is only as good as the service it provides. At present with Titanfall, PvZ, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 the XB1 has the better gaming service. Subjective though, innit.

Seems I'm not alone in finding your constant bleating about how much better the PS4 is than the XB1 fairly juvenile. Enjoy what you've got; why the constant belittling? We get you don't like it, but you're showing as much balance as a tight-rope conquering one-legged alcoholic.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:34:43 BDT
absolutley Jamie. wiiu is for winners

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:41:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 10:42:08 BDT
Exactly, there is nowt wrong with the fact he chose Sony and the reasons are logical, of course the reason for picking an Xbone for the likes of you and I Lill are also logical.

Instant active friends list of people you regularly play with anyway and acces to games you have become invested in.

But Super Fan boy must fight against the Evil that is Microsoft though. In his Mind Msoft are the Empire and Sony the rebellion.

quite sad, but as said, extremely amusing to read whilst at work

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 10:46:52 BDT
I do want an XB1 but kinect puts me off so so much. I just don't want it. If MS dropped Kinect, dropped the price 80 and still did a Titanfall bundle I'd buy one instantly. I have no interest in splitting hairs over graphics and frame-rate and especially no interest in Morgan's fanboyism either.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 10:48:33 BDT
AndyBSG says:
"In his Mind Msoft are the Empire and Sony the rebellion."

That must make Nintendo the Ewoks!

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:58:46 BDT
Heard a lot of people have just left Kinect in the box TBH, I can see its not for everyone, those that I have heard who use it dont seem to have any issues with it.

However at 349 plus Titanfall , you are I suppose not really paying for the Kinect, so you can leave it in the box if you like?

I don't see a Kinect free version coming anytime soon. But if you already have a PS4 why rush out there and get one?

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 10:59:28 BDT
Nub nub.........

eechawawa

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 11:00:53 BDT
"I do want an XB1 but kinect puts me off so so much. I just don't want it. If MS dropped Kinect, dropped the price 80 and still did a Titanfall bundle I'd buy one instantly."

Wouldn't that be the Asda bundle Nessy started this thread with? Ok Kinect's still in there but the 80 saving means you're essentially not paying for it.

Posted on 11 Apr 2014 11:10:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Apr 2014 11:18:53 BDT
... says:
To be fair to Morgan he hasn't actually said anything bad here, he did quote the wallstreet journal and he likes the console he owns. That's how I read it anyway.

This is mucha do about nothing.

If you like playing titanfall and Plants V's Zombies why would you care what he thought anyway? I've been on the inferior side of the fence for years and didn't care a dot when someone with a 360 said it. I enjoyed what I was playing so why care about what anyone else said about it? Does anyone care about any of the PC guys graphics cards? I don't.

Roll on hometime.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 11:16:49 BDT
R, Kinect is pretty useless. The current price point at Asda is about right for what you're getting. At 430, the XB1 was a risky purchase - you were paying over the odds for potential, MS soundbites and a peripheral that was in no way essential. The problem with Kinect is it's solving problems that don't exist or are only minor issues. I can say 'Xbox Record' and it records immediately; really no justification for the product. Having said that I guess if developers use it creatively then it could be quite useful - I like that if you swear whilst you're playing Fifa you can get a booking.

I've paid over the odds for what I've got, but I've enjoyed my time on it so far and the Fitness app is a really good addition - the best use of Kinect so far.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Apr 2014 11:29:36 BDT
"The problem with Kinect is it's solving problems that don't exist or are only minor issues. I can say 'Xbox Record' and it records immediately; really no justification for the product."

Comeon Lill, that's saving you from pausing the game and selecting the option from a menu, think of how many seconds you'll save, after a year you might have enough free time banked up to make a cup of tea. And that's to say nothing of the savings on wear and tear of pad buttons, over the lifetime of the console you must be saving at least 0.001 of a pad. Easily justifying the extra 80 outlay.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  21
Total posts:  79
Initial post:  11 Apr 2014
Latest post:  23 Apr 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions