Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

GAME to offer 'Christmas dinner in a tin' for gamers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 111 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Dec 2013 13:05:47 GMT
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10500156/GAME-to-offer-Christmas-dinner-in-a-tin-for-gamers.html

"
Too busy playing your new Xbox One or PS4 to cook a turkey this Christmas? Fear not. UK video game retailer GAME has a solution - a complete Christmas dinner in a tin.

Dubbed 'Christmas Tinner', the product consists of nine layers of processed festive food, including scrambled egg and bacon, two mince pies, turkey and potatoes, gravy, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts or broccoli (for those who don't like sprouts) with stuffing, roast carrots and parsnips, and Christmas pudding.

The disgusting-sounding concoction is already been sold in GAME's Basingstoke store for £1.99, and the company is considering a national rollout if there is enough gamer demand.

"According to new research almost half (43 per cent) of the nation's gamers plan to spend the majority of Christmas day playing on their new consoles and games," said GAME in a statement.

"That's why retailer GAME has developed the Christmas Tinner, enabling gamers to get their teeth into GAME play all day without having to miss out on a mouthful of their favourite food or do the washing-up."

Christmas Tinner creator Chris Godfrey, a design student, added: "I tried to ensure when creating the menu that all the flavours complemented one another and it was designed so that gamers can eat one layer at a time, starting with breakfast and finishing off with Christmas Pudding - the perfect Christmas Day meal without any of the fuss."

Recent research by Domino's Pizza found that gamers will do almost anything to carry on playing. Almost half of male gamers admitted they have turned down sex to continue playing, while a fifth of female gamers said they had missed weddings and hen dos."

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:08:06 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Dec 2013 13:08:51 GMT
MF says:
turned down sex --- never ! whats 2 minutes missed of gametime !!

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:08:18 GMT
MintFox says:
Sounds so bad that I would like to try it.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 13:08:57 GMT
RAB says:
For 2 quid you kind of have to don't you?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 13:10:46 GMT
You should see the picture of it, looks like something a geologist would find interesting!

Anyone see this becoming a collectors item? Could be worth hundreds in the years to come!

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:16:15 GMT
Will there be a collectors and/or limited edition? Maybe one with a nice steel case?

If these come to my local GAME, I will definitely pop there on a lunch just to try it.

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:19:22 GMT
MF says:
I can just see it --- "can I interest you in a christmas dinner in a can with that x box sir"

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:37:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 6 Dec 2013 13:38:48 GMT
Xmas Dinner >> Gaming for me...

Plus @ £1.99, I'm dread to think what the quality of food actually is... worse than cardboard??

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:39:52 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 6 Dec 2013 14:37:43 GMT]

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:42:43 GMT
At least they will have friends to share it with Solar, unlike you who seems to just spend time on here trying to mock others when you are the biggest joke on the forum.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 13:44:10 GMT
It's hard to tell by reading your cryptic post, but I think you're secretly stockpiling these cans for the apocalypse and trying to put others off the product so there will be more for you.

Nothing gets past me, see? ;)

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:46:40 GMT
No doubt yer on Santa's Naughty List Solar...

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:49:37 GMT
MF says:
Solar would you like to come to my house for christmas dinner ?
Season of good will and all that :-)

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 13:54:17 GMT
MintFox says:
Merry Christmas Solar, tis the season to be jolly so I am glad you have turned up for our amusment.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 13:56:37 GMT
"The only problem for the fat, mobility challenged, geek now is.. who will feed you whilst tunnel visioned to the tv and making your nappy changes as convenient and as quick as possible?"

Speaking from experience I see.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 14:01:02 GMT
MintFox says:
Indeed, whilest we are at it.

Posts on a forum - check

Plays video games - check

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 14:05:09 GMT
My Missis will be on changing nappy duties..

See if i can get her to feed me aswell, will try my best... :D

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 14:10:02 GMT
horrible horrible post solar, but i marked you up for creativity nonetheless. also marked up MMM because you're still a complete (0ck.

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 14:20:41 GMT
MintFox says:
I've also marked him up. this place is better with him, sort of like the XBOX with Kinnect.

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 14:48:32 GMT
Bozz says:
"nappy wearing dimwit Bozz"

Solarfox mentioned me. Im so proud...

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 15:22:37 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
I can see this being a highly successful gag present.

In more ways than one.

Posted on 6 Dec 2013 15:30:06 GMT
kinjoking says:
will still beat my attempt at a roast dinner :(

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 15:30:12 GMT
Thats funny, one of the presents I bought the mrs is a gag present.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 16:45:17 GMT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 Dec 2013 10:06:15 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 16:52:02 GMT
"Ridicules the health benefits of drinking a simple, calcium, protein based milkshake post-workout"

500 calories per bottle, 6 grams of saturated fat and 7.2 grams of sugar per bottle? Frijj are hardly good for you, why not just drink semi skimmed milk instead, thats what I do.

"promoting smoking, binge drinking and Dominoes Pizzas"

Lets face it, any promotion like that is clearly tongue in cheak and and no one takes it seriously.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  28
Total posts:  111
Initial post:  6 Dec 2013
Latest post:  19 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions