Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Black Ops Declassified Ps Vita

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 Nov 2012 17:26:53 GMT
The gamerscom trailer may of been misleading. Recent gameplay on youtube show a massive graphical improvement, but i'm slightly worried about the lack of advertisement from Activision. It seems a bit weird how it's 2 days away from release and the Trailer is the only official gameplay. What are your thoughts?

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 17:58:10 GMT
Nessy says:
I watched some game play of this yesterday and really wondered why it's getting a lot of hate.

Pretty amazing how they have managed to get the full CoD SP and MP experience onto a handheld imo.

Hopefully this is the title that can really shift some PSV hardware and encourage third party developers to support the system with future titles.

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 18:10:11 GMT
Nick. says:
Link to gameplay?
I could only find a tiny bit, but it did look much better.
It is indeed impressive. The one thing that is frustrating me is that Vita is getting some awful 3DS ports (Lego games) when it could have the console version *if* they put in effort.

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 18:14:51 GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMBR4keauEo Here is one of the links, a 6 min gameplay vid of "Nukehouse".

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 18:15:47 GMT
Nick. says:
That looks impressive, thanks Stephen.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 18:18:34 GMT
It's probably because the install base isn't big enough for them to bother with porting the home console versions across - it's most likely easier and cheaper to port the 3DS versions instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 18:21:51 GMT
Nick. says:
I know it wouldn't increase sales by a huge margin, but people who only own Vita's would be much more likely to buy it.
I'm buying Lego LOTR on PS3, purely to explore the Shire;)

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 19:14:05 GMT
djburty says:
i'm getting the vita version of lego lotr since it seems to be an open-world version unlike lego batman 2 - i may well be disappointed again :)

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 19:19:19 GMT
Nick. says:
From what I have read it isn't Burty. It has open bits, but not the full world.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 19:29:45 GMT
Nessy says:
Looks fantastic, the off screen one i watched yesterday was much poorer quality, cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 Nov 2012 19:37:32 GMT
Nick. says:
Also Ness, there's loads of info here (tweets from the creators in one place).
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=498733

Posted on 11 Nov 2012 20:14:59 GMT
Presuming no one knows this but do you think there will be a demo?

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 12:02:15 GMT
djburty says:
don't know if it'll have demo :)

i'm looking forward to it as i preordered both declassified and blops2 this weekend. i'm hopeful for both games to be pretty good. I expect declassified to be better than resistance BS - alhough i quite liked the mp on resistance anyway.

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 19:55:25 GMT
Thanks, i want to try and keep this thread going!

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 14:31:07 GMT
So... Whats the final verdict of Blops on Vita? Worth buying?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 14:41:54 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
From what I've heard, no.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 15:57:45 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Nov 2012 15:58:17 GMT
From what ive heard, its a complete mess. The campaign lasts roughly 45 minutes and the A.I is extremely shoddy (throwing a grenade at a wall only to blow itself up and taking cover by a car, only to keep firing at the car which then explodes and kills itself.)

I heard poor things about the MP too, really difficult to connect to games and very laggy.

Poor show, they should never given this to Nihilistic. Shoddy developer, should be ashamed of themself. For a handheld that can give console experiences and the ability to make really good FPS due to the twin-sticks, there hasnt been a single high quality FPS so far.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 16:42:36 GMT
C&P from the PS Vita thread.

Gamespot have over an hour of campaign footage from Black Ops Declassified. Looks like the individual missions are only slightly longer than the spec ops missions from the MW series. They also encountered a game breaking glitch within the first minute or so of gameplay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9MZVQRLXSw

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 16:44:59 GMT
a lot of reviews and reports have the SP section as being just 1 hour along .. that may account for some hate ?

Im waiting for Burty to confirm.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 18:08:23 GMT
Edge Black Ops Desclassified review - 2/10.

http://www.edge-online.com/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified-review/

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 18:19:56 GMT
Sir Rodders says:
I saw GI gave it about 3.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 20:39:59 GMT
djburty says:
i've still not completed the bod campaign (the first mission took me 6mins on easy) and getting on to the mp servers requires some perseverance - however, once on it is great fun with a range of unlocks & challenges - i think there are 6 maps with 4 mp modes. graphically it looks good and it plays quite well after tweaking the sensitivity. not worth 40 quid with the bugs, but i can see myself playing the mp for quite a while
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  11 Nov 2012
Latest post:  15 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions