Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Battlefield 3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jul 2010 23:46:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2012 18:24:29 BDT
Mike D says:
Hi guys, just heard from Paul that this is confirmed. I thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread as a central hub of information. Please post links or just gossip about the game here so we can collect it all up and salivate all over our shirts a little bit more.

Thanks,
Mike

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 00:01:23 BDT
Great news, love this series of games, now heres hoping they sort the servers out.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 00:13:58 BDT
TS says:
Just a warning to everyone. This is Battlefield 3, NOT Battlefield: Bad Company 3. This means there may well be no Rush Mode...

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 04:26:00 BDT
Icaruschips says:
Great, it's on consoles. I look forward to whopping 24 player battles.

May as well just call it Bad Company 3 and be done with it. I bet there's still no f*cking jets, either.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 08:23:38 BDT
If you get the special edition of MOH you will be invited to the battlefield 3rd beta

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 08:44:29 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jul 2010 08:56:22 BDT
Morning guys. Sorry I couldn't give more details last night - I was very, very drunk lol

Battlefield 3 (NOT Bad Company 3) is coming to PC, X360 and PS3

- Buying the MOH Special Edition grants you access to the B3 beta (no timeframe given for this, though B3's release date is thought to be Winter 2011/Summer 2012)

- The PS3 exclusively gets MOH Frontline remade in HD packaged with MOH Special Edition

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:05:07 BDT
TS says:
I hear your pain DA - I was rather looking forward to it when it was a PC only title, but now I dunno. Chances are it'll be dumbed down for consoles, and will include Rush Mode no doubt.

I worry about it, but, I expect I'll still get it. I do so love Battlefield.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:15:40 BDT
Icaruschips says:
Worrying about it then still buying it is my problem. I've been waiting years for a new Battlefield, so I'll get it. But I know I'll do nothing but b*tch and moan about it for being rubbish.

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2010 11:28:57 BDT
TS says:
It'll have to be a 'wait and see' job I think. I think there will be jets still. There has to be, too many people will complain otherwise - surely!

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:34:18 BDT
Icaruschips says:
If they don't include jets this time, I'm going to write them a nasty letter.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:35:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 31 Jul 2010 11:36:02 BDT
TS says:
And I'll take a leaf out of Rash's book and send them a poo.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:39:22 BDT
Icaruschips says:
He'd be more likely to send a paper heart. I have a collection of them to prove that.

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:40:39 BDT
TS says:
I have only two. He didn't start loving me until recently...

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 11:49:43 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 15 Nov 2011 18:54:19 GMT]

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 12:03:41 BDT
TS says:
BF2 is probably my most favourite shooter ever, not just online (though I never played the SP, if there is even one).

It's largely the same as BFBC2, but far more tactical (imo) and is Conquest mode instead of Rush that everyone else seems to prefer. I believe it's probably the tactically, team-based minded people that play on PC, where most who play FPS on consoles are 14 year olds who just want to 'pwn' people and annoy them.

PC FTW!

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 16:52:55 BDT
Mike D says:
I'm glad this thread has kicked off a little bit, lots of info here which I didn't really know about, so thanks guys!!

Posted on 31 Jul 2010 20:02:48 BDT
Jay-z468 says:
i heard there was new dlc coming out for bfbc 2 so i dont know will they release it for a while

Posted on 1 Aug 2010 02:02:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Aug 2010 02:05:08 BDT
M-A says:
So is this just going to be BF2 remade in the BFBC2 engine, minus the destructible environment?

Anyone know what's new in it in gameplay terms?

P.S.: @ TS I, for the most part, agree with you.

Posted on 1 Aug 2010 07:43:12 BDT
No gameplay info about atm, mate. The game hasn't long been in development so I've put all the info available in my above posts and I'll keep updating when I hear more

I can't imagine it'll play like the Battlefield series though, it'll probably be heavily Bad Company-influenced as its coming to consoles too. Obviously it's EA - they're willing to alienate fans to make more cash

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2010 10:20:29 BDT
TS says:
The game has actually been in development as early as 2008, and there have been bits and pieces of information found. Mostly from financial meetings at EA/DICE. Obviously, until anything official is released its hard not to take any of that with a punch of salt.

Mark - It probably is just going to be the same as BFBC2, except set entirely in the Middle East. It's been suggested that it will have 5 classes; sniper, medic, support, assault and engineer. This will be missing the spec ops class from BF2.

There has also been suggestions that there might be an MMO style character customisation track, I'm guessing not unlike that in Battlefield Heroes. So maybe youpick a side and 'work' for them, buying customisation in weapons, equipment and outfits.

As for the online itself, I believe it'll still use the same ticket-based gameplay as the rest of the series, and supports... I think... 40 players in a match. Or is it 40 per team? I can't remember, 80 seems like a lot anyway so probably likely to be 20 aside.

This is all I can really remember, and it was a while ago so likely that a lot of this information is out of date. Especially as it was PC only originally, and so they're probably having to cut things out for console players. Hope that was interesting for you.

Posted on 1 Aug 2010 10:27:17 BDT
Mike D says:
Ive a feeling that it'll be similar to the BC series, including gameplay style and destruction... But then again I think games are better when they have a really nice destruction engine. Picture this, the destruction of Hells Highway mixed with the destruction of BC2, now that would be ideal... I know computing power Isn't quite there yet, but if each bullet caused damage to a wall or object, until eventually huge chunks have been destroyed or even a whole has been drilled, then I think that we would've reached the pinnacle of destruction in games.

Posted on 1 Aug 2010 11:18:38 BDT
TS says:
It's getting there Mike. One day we'll no doubt have a one-to-one destruction ratio. Currently the destruction is set in pieces, even on Red Faction: Guerrilla, which I think has a much better destruction engine than any other game, it's still set into 'pieces' that fall out. Eventually those 'pieces' will become smaller and smaller until we're seeing real destruction and physics.

As for BF3, it will be on the Frostbyte Engine. The PC version was being built on Frostbyte DX (DirectX 11, I guess).

Posted on 1 Aug 2010 12:27:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Aug 2010 12:37:12 BDT
Mike D says:
Absolutely agree with you there timmy. RFG does have the best destruction engine, but yea, it's still just blocks. I was watching a DX11 video with a bridge exploding, and they actually managed to blow it up pretty well. Lots of tiny little blocks, I'll see if I can post a link.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7oKgI-dktk

Posted on 2 Aug 2010 10:18:22 BDT
MintFox says:
Looks like I will be getting MoH sopecial edition then.

Jets wouldn't work in a 24 player game. You need more bodies or it would be pointless so either it's a bigger mp than the previous consol bf's or it's not going to happen.

What does pwn mean? I'm just not down with the kids.

Posted on 2 Aug 2010 10:25:25 BDT
TS says:
" so either it's a bigger mp than the previous consol bf's"

This. I would like it if it was, I remember some maps on BF2 were massive and you'd need a vehicle to cross it in a decent amount of time. BFBC1 was similar in some of this regard. Hopefully BF3 will have maps that are just as bigs. But jets would be nice. They had planes on BF1943 and that worked just fine.

Pwning some is the same as owning them (as in, kicking their ass) but in a much more impressive way. It's internet speaks, that many normal people refuse to use.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 53 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  75
Total posts:  1301
Initial post:  30 Jul 2010
Latest post:  28 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions