Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

new skyrim patch has ruined my game :(

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 30 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Apr 2012 00:03:50 BDT
just installed the lastest patch 2.04 and its supposed to add in new melee killcams etc and fix some bugs, but it freezes nearly every time i fast travel and if i touch water it freezes.

Honestly, since november when i got the game its frozen about 5 times and since the patch i installed an hour or so ago its frozen at least 5 times already... what the hell.

rant over/

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 03:35:22 BDT
I thought the new official patch was 1.5. If you are using 2.04 where did you get it?

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 05:20:15 BDT
G Robs says:
What platform are you on PC/PS3/Xbox 360?

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 11:36:21 BDT
ps3

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 11:55:07 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
I have been thinking about putting this back into my PS3 of late to see if the patches released since I quit (because of excessive lag and freezing) have fixed the problem.

Now thinking not again - is this a problem for others?

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 12:07:02 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2012 12:15:37 BDT
Although this is from today no exact time was posted for the info below and as such the UK PS3 Patch may be out by the time you read this.
PS I can't link the source as on my PS3.
Skyrim 1.5 patch is not on UK PS3s yet, so be ready with this freezing fix - we've just checked our PlayStation 3 and there is no Skyrim 1.5 patch yet but this is good news for those of you in Europe thanks to issues others are reporting and allows you to be pro-active.
One of our readers reported, "For the PS3...the update made the game WORSE! As soon as your playable character hits the water and submerges the game freezes! Happens every time! If they don't fix it soon I'm completely done with this game forever! It is utterly ridiculous that they claim to fix old bugs and new ones arise!".

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 12:08:03 BDT
There is a simple solution according to Bethesda - they state to fix this water freezing issue you only need to "clear the game data", which can be done by deleting game data from "Game>Game Data Utility>select Skyrim" via the PS XMB menu, although they also note this is not the same as your game save data. Once you restart Skyrim they claim it fixes all problems being reported by PS3 users, which are related to crashes when you enter water.
Reasons to get the latest patch - you've been waiting to get married to Lydia on the console version (no mods) and this is now possible thanks to the latest Skyrim update, which allows you to get hitched after you purchase Breezehome in Whiterun. PC and Xbox 360 users can enjoy improved underwater effects that display a lot better since this latest patch (PS3 users once you clear the game data), and a number of quests have been fixed allowing for you to get back to progressing through the game.

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 12:40:04 BDT
maybe i imagined 2.04, but whatever the patch number, my game does break every time i go into water and im too scared to go deleting data as one person suggested, i shouldnt have to, bethesda had better fix this asap

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 13:03:30 BDT
I've just swallowed my words and deleted the game data and re-installed it and it didn't work (still freezing when in water), so i did it again and deleted the update too and re-installed all of it and it seems to have WORKED.. success, delete all game data of skyrim, NOT SAVE DATA or you'll be spending the next few months trying to catch up lol

btw it definitely says update 2.04, i was not imagining things...

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 13:14:32 BDT
The new update allows you to marry Lydia? Well that's it then, i'm going to start my second run through!

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 13:21:18 BDT
Steve says:
Told you dave,you eventually found love.
*wipes tear of joy away

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 14:07:11 BDT
well thats great i cant marry lydia on it i had a ''accident'' with her :D force push off the mountain.... it was her fault she got in the way.... im not guilty i tell ya... NOT GUILTY

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 15:19:54 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Apr 2012 15:24:21 BDT
Hubbard says:
L.O.L

Just spent AN HOUR downloading a patch 2.04, and guess what..... Jump into water *plop* and it freezes.

I really can't be asked to delete and reinstall the game. Worked fine for me before.

Ain't patches suppose to fix a game? 'ZOMG GOTY!!!' Yeh, riiiiiiight.

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 15:23:55 BDT
Hubbard says:

Above is the best story ever written. What? You can only see a line? Well it's definitely there! Now someone give me the 'World's greatest author' award and tons of money.

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 17:50:57 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
It's OK Hubbs, you just need to delete the line and completely rewrite your story.

Every time someone wants to read it.

Bethesda Fail.

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 18:01:33 BDT
I'm quite happy I platted Skyrim before they 'fixed' it, traded it in soon after for a profit too!!
I bought FFXIII-2 with the cash, and i've yet to have a glitch or crash.
Bethesda really should work out how to make a game work on PS3!!! :P

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 19:16:18 BDT
Sanchez says:
Is this just PS3 problems? 'cos I've just been playing for an hour (patch was only 19Mb) and made sure I saved before getting wet! All is well on the XBox. Stupid devs with their inconsistencies!

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 19:25:12 BDT
Bunny says:
Even though my copy is still in the wrapper, I'm glad I got it on xbox

Posted on 6 Apr 2012 20:22:51 BDT
I have downloaded on 360 n everything seem to be fine.

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 00:08:39 BDT
Hubbard says:
I believe it's just a PS3 problem yeh.

3rd time lucky for me. Deleted and reinstalled it but it was still broke. Waited half hour and tried again on the off chance and it worked.

Spent from 1.00 till 5.00 installing it overall. Fun day.

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 09:22:12 BDT
AndyBSG says:
FFS....

Do Bethesda actually test anything before they release it? They're getting beyond a joke now

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 11:39:27 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
Beyond a joke in the sense that massively bloated save file and game freeze combo problems have existed for a number of their titles now and they appear to have done enxt to nothing to prevent this happeneing.

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 12:16:52 BDT
Hubbard, delete the game data and the update data and re-install both and it should work. did for me

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 12:31:02 BDT
Saiedjal says:
so thats how the arrow killcam worked... anyway the only problem for me when i installed the 2.04 update was some of the texture hopefuly its a glitch

Posted on 7 Apr 2012 12:48:59 BDT
Sir Rodders says:
Probably a feature of the new patch. Rather than fix the trivial game crippling freezes they focuses, quite rightly, on incorporating same sex marriages.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0x9bc43054)

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  30
Initial post:  6 Apr 2012
Latest post:  7 Apr 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions