Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Black Ops 2: Review

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 34 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Nov 2012 16:18:29 GMT
kirk says:
Here's my review for Black Ops 2, if anyone is interested.
http://gamingbolt.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-review

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:33:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2012 16:33:15 GMT
I hope you mentioned its destroying the industry kirk!!

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:35:21 GMT
Datolite says:
Does it mention your bathroom habits Kirk?

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 16:38:59 GMT
Are you aware that you can post your own reviews on your own profile so you don't have to spam up a forum?

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:43:00 GMT
Trigger says:
Kirk, I know it's a public forum and everything, but I think most folk would appreciate it if you created one topic to keep all these reviews in and updated it when you write a new one. In fact, why not post a sample of your writing and if it's good folk can click on to gamingbolt to read the rest.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:47:19 GMT
kirk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:52:32 GMT
kirk says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 16:57:08 GMT
Trigger says:
Oh, do **** off. Comments like this are going to make people even less inclined to read your reviews. We're just offering advice and you throw it straight back without considering it? Screw you.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:59:17 GMT
LOL, i love these forums.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 17:00:54 GMT
kirk says:
That's not very nice now is it? We are going round in circles here. I'm going to keep posting how I want to post, and people can either ignore it, or keep complaining about it, it's up to them.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:12:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2012 17:14:14 GMT
Good review Kirk. I suspect Treyarch are fighting with the margins of what is now an old and highly modded engine can actually do. I liked what they're trying to do with the SP, though agree with your review it is sometimes hit and miss. I guess I'm a sucker when a developer tries something new even if it sometimes fails. It shows thought and intent if nothing else. Whether they'll get a chance to fully explore their ideas with a new engine or even a new console only time will tell.

I can't help thinking the E-Sports thing and COD are incompatible. Balanced guns, perks, respawning, killstreaks, etc don't mean anything if the connection and lag (or lack of it) doesn't remain consistent. In normal play its hit and miss, which is usually okay, but I wouldn't want it with real competition. Activision really need to invest some of their massive profits into dedicated servers if that's something they want to follow. In the long run, through advertisement and over all positivity towards them they'd earn their money back quick enough.

@POPCORN: You do realise when you post that it bumps the thread? If people aren't interested in something the simplest thing to do is not comment and it'll disappear.

Anyway good review kirk.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 17:20:24 GMT
kirk says:
Yeah, props to Activision for trying something new, like yourself I was more interested because they were leaving their comfort zone with the Sci-Fi elements. What you said about E-Sports is bang on; COD will only be prominent if they strip it back a bit next time. A new engine on a new console is what the franchise needs.

Thanks for reading.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:32:07 GMT
kirk says:

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:41:41 GMT
Mark Andrew says:

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 17:45:49 GMT
kirk says:

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:53:49 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
I should be careful here but...........

I dislike the SP because it is completely over the top. In an early part of the game the odds against Mason are insane. Yet he lives. That is never gonna happen. The game seems to spawn an endless amount of enemies at you and to be honest there doesnt seem to be any weight in it. The guns look good but you never really feel like you are gunning people down. Does that make sense? If I play Rage for example and I shoot someone then it feels like it. Same with borderlands.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 18:32:40 GMT
kirk says:

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 19:00:27 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Oh no they found me....I dont know how but they have.

Apparently I have been busted for responding to Kirk?

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 19:18:31 GMT
jonnyh207 says:
How does it affect any off you if Kirk posts here? You don't have to read it, if there's a thread that starts "review" it's probably Kirk.

I'd rather you post in a different thread for each review please Kirk, because then I know when you've got a new review out rather than the new posts just being people moaning

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 19:27:51 GMT
kirk says:

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 19:46:47 GMT
Carry on Kirk. Nice review, though I doubt i'll pick it up until it's £25 or less. Only want to play it for the SP, just want to see how it plays out. I still haven't bought MW3, might just rent it instead for the SP. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 20:34:20 GMT
kirk says:

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 20:39:50 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 20:50:46 GMT
kirk says:

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 21:08:29 GMT
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  34
Initial post:  23 Nov 2012
Latest post:  24 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions