Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Multi-Plat Owners

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Aug 2014 12:40:04 BDT
I was just wondering, hearing a lot of PS4 owners talk about if or when they will get an XBO, whether we currently have anyone who owns both consoles?

As an XBO owner, im contemplating getting a PS4 as well but would be interested to hear the thoughts on the relative merits of both from someone who has them sitting side by side?

I cant see anything at the moment to warrant having both, though will doubtless take the plunge when U4 arrives.

I already have the XBO with most of the multiplat titles, so have no need to buy a new machine for crossplat titles (yes, even if they do look prettier or more FPS, blah blah blah)

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 13:01:07 BDT
Master says:
3rd party multiplatform games are better on PS4.

Sony owns a lot of studios and the PS4 will get lots of exclusives.

Microsoft are desperate and resort to buying 3rd party exclusives because their 1st party studios only know how to make Halo, Fable and Forza games.

Thats the reason I own a PS4 and see no reason to get an Xbox One.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 13:03:40 BDT
not really what I asked though, but thanks!

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 13:23:17 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 13:23:42 BDT
Was going to sell my PS4 for an Xbox One, but now keeping the PS4 as well as getting an X1. Will be worth it come Spring for PS4, excellent line up for X1 this autumn.

"Microsoft are desperate and resort to buying 3rd party exclusives because their 1st party studios only know how to make Halo, Fable and Forza games."

I see this alot but there are lots of quality exclusive games that came to 360, do you want some chips to sprinkle that salt on?

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 13:39:56 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 13:40:50 BDT
I didn't want to go dual console this gen, cause I did last gen as nice as it was to be able to play exclusives on both systems, BUT it comes with its own set of problems.

Your gonna pay £300-£350 for a handful of games

One console will just sit there and gather dust 90% of the time.

If it doesn't you end up with split Gamerscore/tropies etc.

Constantly worrying what console to buy what on, obessed with framerate and jagglies lol.

Your wife cutting off your penis for buying yet another 'stupid games console'

I would like a XBO , but I must be strong !

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 13:57:17 BDT
To be honest though, theres no question of whether I will buy or not - I wont miss out on U4, its non-negotiable, just trying to decide when the time is right, when theres enough reason to do so.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 14:11:53 BDT
Master says:
I would say straight away Mr Davies. Do you want the best version of games? Then get a PS4 now. Otherwise if you wait until U4 comes out then you'll end up with lots of sub par XB1 multiplats. Take all the top multiplatform games released before then like Destiny, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed Unity, Battlefield Hardline, Evolve, Dragon Age Inquisition and many more. All better on PS4.

Its not just exclusives that make a console. The superior versions of multiplatform games is a big push towards PS4.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 14:14:24 BDT
Really Master? cause none of those games are released and i haven't seen any offical reviews, sounds like you've made your mind up though so not much point discussing it.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 14:24:47 BDT
He doesn't speak for all of us PS4 owners ; )

I have just watched the gameplay for Quantum Theory, looks very fun, you can def tell from graphics its from the same people that bought us the brilliant Alan Wake.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 14:27:05 BDT
As I said earlier though Im not interested about the Multi-Plats, frankly, on my 42 inch TV the resolution difference wont make any difference. Ok, if I have a PS4, thats probably the platform i'd buy them on, but im not going to buy a new console just for that, its not important.

Maybe I should have asked 'does the PS4 exclusive line up pre U4 warrant the cost of the console?'

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 14:45:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 14:45:51 BDT
That all depends on one question Craig .. have you played The last of Us?

If the answer to that question is No, then my answer is Yes
If the answer to that question is Yes, then my answer is No.

There are some very nice exclusives on PS4, I love Killzone and Infamous SS, but I have to admit there is nothing (bar The Last of US ) that is a system seller, not if you already have the XB1

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 14:53:39 BDT
If I was thinking about paying £300 for a console, I wouldn't be looking for one game - I'd be looking for 10 or so that I couldn't get anywhere else. By that logic it's easy enough to justify the purchase of a first next gen machine, as there are plenty of multiplats to contribute to that figure. Buying the second, though... you have to wait a long time until there's that many exclusives, or until the cost isn't £300 any more

By this logic I'm currently closer to buying a Wii U than I am an XBox One

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:00:48 BDT
Master says:
Bauer_RAT (PS3 & PS4 ID) There is nothing on the Xbox One that is a system seller either and he owns that.

The Order looks great. As does Drive Club, Littlebigplanet 3, No Mans Sky and other exclusive games. The PS4 has lots of exclusive games coming for it long before U4. I'm pretty sure I saw that the makers of Crackdown are making a PS4 exclusive too.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 15:06:44 BDT
haha yeah i've been on here long enough to know that Bauer!

On an unrelated note i've actually got a mate whos going to give me a loan of his ps3 with TloU so i can actually get to play it which i'm deffo looking forward to doing, it's your fault for constantly hailing it as the best game ever Bauer!!

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:07:54 BDT
Master says:
StevenJamesHyde I own a PS4 and a Wiiu. The wiiu is useless for multiplatform games bacause they are either poor quality or non existant. The PS4 is king for multiplats and exclusives and the WIIU is good only for nintendo games.

i have no reason to get a XB1 because their exclusives are underwhelming and the multiplats are much worse quality than the PS4.

Its also been revealed that Rise of the Tomb Raider is only a timed exclusive.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 15:09:20 BDT
Oh yes Steven I agree, The last of Us is bloody awesome but if that's all you where going to ever play on the PS4, then I wouldn't recommend you bought one just for that, but a PS3. However Craig has already got his eye on Uncharted and I assume others of a similar quality will appeal to him over the next gen so that would make it worth a punt.

When my much coveted Xbox One games reach 10 ill have to consider buying one. At the moment it stands at Titanfall, Quantum Break, f*****g Tomb Raider, Gears, Halo collection and I wouldn't mind playing Ryse and Dead Rising, so im not far off actually !

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 15:12:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 15:16:20 BDT
" it's your fault for constantly hailing it as the best game ever Bauer!! "

LOL you will probably hate it now I have over hyped it ; )

"There is nothing on the Xbox One that is a system seller either and he owns that."

TBF he never said there was did he, he is asking if there are reasons to spend £350 on PS4 when he has a Xbox One and I am saying there isn't really, the reverse is also true admittedly, there is no reason to be duel console at all.... YET!

I know you are saying that multiplats are massively better on XB1, but there isn't much difference if we are honest is there.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 15:14:58 BDT
Completely subjective statement Master and actually your wrong,

'There is nothing on the Xbox One that is a system seller either and he owns that.'

Actually I (yes that is the 'he' you referred to) own Titanfall and i would have bought an x1 just for that because I love that game.

Just relax, there's no need to get so uptight about it... you love your ps4 and your getting defensive about your purchase, i get it, we all get it, and there's nothing wrong with the fact you prefer it and don't like Xbox One.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:16:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 13 Aug 2014 15:17:14 BDT
"the multiplats are much worse quality than the PS4"

Much worse? seriously?

"The Order looks great. As does Drive Club, Littlebigplanet 3, No Mans Sky and other exclusive games"

The Order looks similar in gameplay to Gears of War, Driveclub = Foriza Horizon 2, LBP3 is same old, has been dropping sales since the first one, No Mans Sky is timed exclusive.

I'm sure your opinion of certain X1 exclusives would be different if they were on PS4, such as Sunset Overdrive and Quantum Break ;-)

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:19:29 BDT
Get a wiiu instead, great alternative to an X1 or PS4.

as a second console of course.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:33:56 BDT
Its Carl by the way......

As I said though, no question, I will be buying a PS4, its just should I get it now, or wait, its likely to be cheaper by the time U4 comes around. I do like the look of the Order, and no I havent played The Last Of Us, so I am tempted, but at the same time im gonna be pretty busy over the next few months with Destiny, Halo, FH2, The Evil within etc so maybe waiting is the best option.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:49:10 BDT
Jason Knight says:
I started off just getting the PS4 as I went for both last gen. Ended up getting an XBO as well, and have no regrets.
Both consoles get enough (or will have enough) exclusives to make it worthwhile. Although out of the 2 ive been playing more on the XBO (well more on the 360 at the moment, as I have a large back catalogue of games to finish off) because of my Achivements score, I use the Sony stuff for games I just want to play for fun of it, and not worry about doing stuff differently to get achievements/trophies

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 15:51:19 BDT
Judging by E3 and Gamescom, seems that PS4 is the best place for single player games and those more 'artsy' games whereas there's more multiplayer based variety on Xbox. Having the best of both worlds is the way to go.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Aug 2014 18:44:13 BDT
Oh I agree. The PS4 versions of Mass Effect 3, Splinter Cell Blacklist, Assassins Creed 3, Rayman Legends, Batman Arkham Origins, Batman Arkham City and Deus Ex were far superior............ Oh wait.

Posted on 13 Aug 2014 19:13:29 BDT
I'm talking exclusives, if your post was a response to me?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  13 Aug 2014
Latest post:  15 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions