Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS4 v1.7 System Update Complete Feature List

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Apr 2014 13:43:07 BDT
PlayStation 4 v1.70 update

SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70, an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4 system's home screen once it's available. Once installed, SHAREfactory allows you to easily customize your gameplay videos with special effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage device. The app is packed with plenty of cool, but accessible, tools. It's simple enough to use for beginning editors, while functioning as a rich video editor for those with more creative aspirations. Check out our new SHAREfactory video above that provides a walkthrough of what you can expect:

Automatic pre-download: You'll soon be able to start downloading select pre-ordered games from PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to several days in advance of the release, so that it's ready to play as soon as the game is released on launch day. There's also a countdown timer prior to the release of the game so you'll know how soon your game will be available for you to start playing.

Option to disable HDCP for games: This highly requested feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your HDMI output and export them elsewhere.

USB export option for captured gameplay: It's now even easier to show off your heroic gaming moments and the SHAREfactory videos you create with the world using this feature to export your videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DUALSHOCK 4 SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your proudest achievements on other social networks and other video platforms.

Live broadcasting in HD and archiving support: We've increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.

New SHARE options: We've got a number of new SHARE settings that will give you better control of what you want to share with your friends. Here is what you can look forward to:

Change the default gameplay recording time in the SHARE menu under Video Clip Settings.
Save only the video clips and screenshots you want by selecting Upload Screenshots or Upload Video Clips for each capture. Also upload video clips and screenshots during your live gameplay broadcasts.
Select specific Facebook audiences to share each video or screenshot with.

New DUALSHOCK 4 options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DUALSHOCK 4 touchpad.

New Friends options: It's now easier to find Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends, view Mutual Friends on another user's profile, and accept Friend requests directly from the Friends list.

New Trophies sort option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.

PlayStation Store payment support: Similar to PS3, we're introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.

More PlayStation Camera commands: More voice commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.

New PlayStation Plus icon: For Plus members, you'll now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system's sleek user interface.

Music Unlimited SHARE options: With a Music Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DUALSHOCK 4.
PlayStation Vita v3.15 update

PS4 Link update for Remote Play: Linking your PS4 and PS Vita together will now be easier with the 3.15 update for PS Vita. It'll enable Automatic Device Registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they're both online and the same user is signed in to both devices. This makes it even quicker for you to get started on Remote Play or access other second screen features.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 13:55:29 BDT
A Portal Gun says:
"New DUALSHOCK 4 options: New light bar settings have been added for DUALSHOCK 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu"

This should be the headline feature, forget Share Factory.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 14:03:40 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2014 14:03:56 BDT
Pretty lame update if you ask me - after what 5 months since launch? The best new feature is the light bar dimming feature. What about some basic features - notifications for when friends come online (perhaps in a favourites list) and the ability to appear offline.

I'm not really interested in Share Factory. I do put videos up on Facebook occasionally but just being able to show the game play snippet I'm interested in is enough for me. Absolute baawls update. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. The only thing letting down the PS4 is its rudementary desolate homescreen with little functionality and configuration options.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 14:17:45 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 14:28:05 BDT
NESSY says:
Nice update.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 14:41:00 BDT
noblood says:
I'm sure I read that the biggest battery drain on the controllers is the touchpad and not the light.
However, if dimming it improves it a little, it is better than nothing.

I think they are reacting to a small minority who must have their TVs at floor height, or sit on 6ft tall sofas so that the light reflects off the screen.

Nice to see updates that improve functionality though.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 15:10:59 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Ive never managed to run down the controller battery so no idea how long it lasts anyway. Being able to pre-download games though, that will be nice. Some of those games are huge.

The Vita stuff is handy too since I only recently found out you can play it pretty much anywhere.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 15:26:18 BDT
"Ive never managed to run down the controller battery so no idea how long it lasts anyway."

It's quite easy. Don't recharge it for a couple of nights and you'll find it needs recharging.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:27:20 BDT
NESSY says:
Yip, I'm forever recharging mine, it's by far the most annoying thing about PS4. Glad they are allowing people to dim that light bar though.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:31:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2014 15:31:49 BDT
Let's hope it makes a difference. I bought two controllers just so I could leave one on charge. I don't like cables trailing across the room while I'm gaming. Just so the Sony fan boys can get all mardy [Morgan cough] I haven't recharged my 360 controller since I bought Titanfall and I've been playing it almost daily since release.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:34:49 BDT
NESSY says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 15:34:57 BDT
No one can argue the PS4 battery life is anywhere near decent.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:37:20 BDT
I got mine for less than £40 :P.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:39:18 BDT
J. Morgan says:

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:43:26 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Apr 2014 15:43:54 BDT
Translation? Hey?

I can easily game away a whole afternoon, especially if the weather is bad, and I need to connect up my PS4 controller to recharge whilst gaming - in the same gaming session. I get anywhere between 5-7 hours max. The PS4 controller battery life is pathetic - let's hope the light bar dimming improves it.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 15:45:41 BDT
NESSY says:
The best thing about WiiU is it's pro controller. 70+ hours without a recharge needed ! It's really comfortable aswell.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 15:58:56 BDT
You mean "The only thing about WiiU" :P

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 16:29:41 BDT
Well my mate has just done his system update and now his TV screen keeps going intermittently black.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 16:52:42 BDT
AndyBSG says:

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 17:01:12 BDT
The light bar dimming is the best feature, not because of the battery life (which is woeful) but because when you play in the dark at night you won't get the glare on your TV from the floodlight Sony stuck on the end of their pad as much.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 17:05:06 BDT
Apparently my mate sorted his black screen problem. Powered everything down, restarted and all back to normal.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 17:07:09 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I'd liked to have been in on that meeting to slap whoever though of it.The rest of the machine is very functional but that light bar just comes out of left field like they were drunk or something. It's not like you can really look at it when it flashes health indicators and what not anyway.

Your not supposed to play in the dark, bad for your eyes :)

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 17:10:00 BDT
The reason that the light bar exists is for the ps camera - for tracking movement.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Apr 2014 17:10:46 BDT
"Your not supposed to play in the dark, bad for your eyes :) "

Put the light bar to the new high setting and stare at it I bet it does more damage.

Posted on 30 Apr 2014 17:35:10 BDT
any news on audio cd/mp3 support? or playback of 3d blu rays?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  30 Apr 2014
Latest post:  1 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions