Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

you tube on ps3

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Dec 2012 08:59:26 GMT
jambo says:
Whats the best www to watch youtube without all going pixeled on ps3 ive tried but viewing is terrible thanks

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 09:45:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 10:51:36 GMT
If you have access to a US PSN account, download the Youtube app from the US PS Store (it's free) - the video quality is much better than viewing Youtube through the PS3's internet browser.

Posted on 22 Dec 2012 10:24:00 GMT
Last edited by the author on 22 Dec 2012 10:24:28 GMT
It's very easy to make a US PSN account, you just need to put a valid US address in when registering and use a different email. I live in some hotel in New York city, apparently.

It's worth it just to get access to the US PSN Store, although you have to use top-up codes, which can easily be bought from eBay.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2012 15:04:35 GMT
BrettC says:
I live in some hotel in Beverly hills apparently, also the US PSN Store also seems to get game demos slightly earlier the ours.

Posted on 24 Dec 2012 04:55:48 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Dec 2012 04:58:26 GMT
Does the The White House have a valid address. I'm might find out if I can set up an account using The White House. I might have to make my name President_Sn1pEZzZzZzZ

I had an US PSN account until the PSN network went down and I've never bothered to do whatever it was we had to do to update our accounts again. I suspect it'll want the email address that I can't remember.

Posted on 24 Dec 2012 11:13:01 GMT
martytarty says:
I got the youtube app the other day, also if your smart phone is capable you can browse vids on your phone and watch them back on your tv, really clever if you ask me

Posted on 29 Dec 2012 12:30:22 GMT
DaveOz says:
The YouTube app for PS3 is excellent, especially if the videos you're watching are 720p. The clarity is top-notch. Sadly I can't sync my account to my PS3 (even though the PS3 account I used to download the app is a U.S. one). I think because my YouTube account with all my subs, etc., is a UK account. Nevertheless I just search what I want and then watch.

Posted on 29 Dec 2012 12:36:51 GMT
DaveOz, my youtube account is UK & I use the youtube app on a UK PS3 user (after downloading it from the US user) and everything works ok. My subs are there etc..

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Dec 2012 16:23:17 GMT
DaveOz says:
@ Andy - Yep, I literally got mine working in the past 30 mins or so. I logged in with my YT UK account on my UK PS3 account and everything works great. I'd turn off my Ps3 and go downstairs to check my console when I should've left my PS3 on and allowed the registration process on the YouTube site do its thing. Anyway it's all working great now. YouTube on a console is very convenient.

Posted on 29 Dec 2012 17:00:51 GMT
A Portal Gun says:
The original question hurt my soul.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums
ARRAY(0xa7cd9144)

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  22 Dec 2012
Latest post:  29 Dec 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions