Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

OT: Internet browser question.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 6 Jul 2012 21:01:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 6 Jul 2012 21:02:51 BDT
I have been a long user of Google chrome for quite some time, over a year infact and was a firefox user before that. but i wanted to try some IE9. on google chrome i can highlight a pice of text or web address right click on it and select go to this web address, is there anyway i can do this on IE9? i cant see the option anywhere when i right click. I want to use IE because it looks alot sharper and is alot smoother.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 07:38:27 BDT
R says:
In Google chrome you can automatically highlight any Internet addresses and click straight on them. I needed to download an add-on to do this so perhaps you can the same for IE9. There might be something in the IE9 menus or just Google it.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 10:25:48 BDT
If you use google chrome install the extension "clickable links" this will then automatically change any text versions of internet address to a hyper link. A great extension for this forum.

Extensions can be found in the chrome store https://chrome.google.com/webstore/category/home?hl=en-US

As for Internet Explorer, I don't believe the hype

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 12:25:34 BDT
I think I'm still on the original Internet Explorer. Never got round to trying different browsers.

Posted on 7 Jul 2012 13:37:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 7 Jul 2012 13:38:08 BDT
Guys i don't think your understanding my question. this picture will show you what i mean
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/7710/chromeie9.png

When i use IE9 and a website has a clickable link all i have to do is click on it and it will open in a new tab, the same with chrome. but im on about if some posts a link on Amazon forums, you cant just click it, you have to highlight it and copy it then put it in your address bar an go, on chrome you can highlight it and right click and there is an option to go to the highlighted address there when you right click. i want that option for IE9 instead of having to copy it, manually open a new tab and paste and go. call me lazy but its good for the Screenshot thread when peopl post new pictures its quick and easy the chrome way but i want to use IE9.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  6 Jul 2012
Latest post:  7 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions