Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Lego Lord of the rings

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 31 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Nov 2012 15:21:59 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Quickly ordered this only moments ago...I forgot it came out tomorrow. Anyway has anyone else got this one pre-ordered? I read that you can travel all over Middle earth, literally walk from the Shire to the Blackgate if you want. Thats pretty cool.

I loved Lego Batman 2. Nothing beats whizzing around Gotham as Superman (No...I dont mean P***** everywhere lol) while the Superman theme tune blasts through my Turtle beach headset.

I find the Lego games excellent but for some reason I didnt take to Indiana Jones that well and I love the movies??

With the official soundtrack and voice talent from the Peter Jackson trilogy I cannot wait to explore the Shire and beyond. Its got some decent reviews too which is always good to read.

Anyway I look forward to hearing about peoples adventures with Frodo and company. If I do get chance in the next couple of days I'll play through it and get a review posted.

If you dont buy it and have any questions then give me a day or so and I'll be happy to answer.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:26:49 GMT
Reviews I've read thus far have been far from great. Apparently there's a lot of aimless wandering, bugs and the big concern is that the game doesn't really deviate from the formula established in Lego Star Wars (which I thought was meh)

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:30:05 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Paul Cliff - Howdy

Aimlessly wandering about with the Fellowship of the ring? And what bugs are these...giant Spiders? lol That sounds brilliant to me. Then again I could happily just play and listen to the soundtrack while gathering up all the LEGO studs I can. So addictive.

So are you buying it?

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:38:29 GMT
Nah, not for me, mate (long time no see btw!). Havent really been a fan of any of the LEGO games I've tried tbh. I keep an eye on previews etc, but the impression I get is that basically its a typical LEGO game reskinned as LOTR with no real gameplay changes to reflect its source material

Hope you enjoy it though, dude, but I'm afraid the series isnt to my taste

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 15:45:55 GMT
Datolite says:
I've pre-ordered it.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:53:13 GMT
Howmuch75 says:
I may get it for my son he has all the Lego games.
P.s I have never played them.

Posted on 22 Nov 2012 16:56:53 GMT
Has anyone's order been dispatched yet?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Nov 2012 17:15:19 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Yes. Order dispatched.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 00:00:46 GMT
ShotoTiggs says:
I liked first few but the last couple haven't appealed. The Harry Potter ones were the last ones I played. The idea of voice acting in them now seems wrong; it's against one of the major things about them and in the first few that was part of their charm.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 10:13:55 GMT
I like the Lego games as to me they are enjoyable if repetative fun. Easy trophies too but yeah I agree with Charlene in that they shouldn't have included voice acting as they were cute when they were silent but now giving them voices ruins the charm

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 10:37:28 GMT
Datolite says:
Well, I'll give an opinion tonight, looking forward to playing it!

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 10:46:31 GMT
"I like the Lego games as to me they are enjoyable if repetative fun. Easy trophies too but yeah I agree with Charlene in that they shouldn't have included voice acting as they were cute when they were silent but now giving them voices ruins the charm"

Lego Batman 2 was all the better for adding the voice acting, actually made it more charming and funny especialy Batman's disdain towards Superman. The lack of voices in previous games made them dull as ditchwater to me.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 11:00:57 GMT
how big was the open world in lego batman 2? as big as arkham city, (which wasn't huge - just very dense)

LOTR lego has the whole of middle earth but condensed. apparently from weathertop you can see the shire AND mordor and can easily walk from one to the other. all the main features are included tho. i'd love to check out a lego rivendell :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:03:13 GMT
M_Vastere says:
"how big was the open world in lego batman 2? as big as arkham city, (which wasn't huge - just very dense)"

I'd say it was MUCH bigger. Big enough for Superman to fly around in and have fun.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:03:13 GMT
i might just go on a lego game buying spree

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 11:14:43 GMT
cheers Vastere :)

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 11:21:09 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Gotham City in Lego Batman 2 was a decent size. And if you put Superman aside and look at all the rooftops that Batman and Robin could access, to get the special bricks, that gave it depth. I was hoping to explore more of Metropolis : (

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 12:24:43 GMT
N. Sanderson says:
Big question is: will the Vita version be any cop or a shoddy Nintendo port cop-out? :)

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 13:50:47 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Dunno about that. Would have thought that the Vita version would be pretty much the same as consoles.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 14:58:46 GMT
M_Vastere says:
I'm 100% sure the Vita version is the same as the 3DS version

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 16:21:31 GMT
djburty says:
"I'm 100% sure the Vita version is the same as the 3DS version "

having played both versions and compared the two? - i'm only 80% sure they will be the same versions :) i've not read any vita/3ds reviews just yet - but i'd pre-ordered the vita version; my expectations are just a whole lot lower than they were for lego batman 2 on the vita.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2012 16:38:14 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Nov 2012 16:38:43 GMT
M_Vastere says:
I'm basing my opinion on users on Gaf that are playing now...maybe I should have said 95% sure! ;)

I'd love to be wrong though!

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:26:27 GMT
djburty says:
"I'd love to be wrong though! "

i'd love that too - but doubt you are!

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 17:55:15 GMT
Mark Andrew says:
Should have had my copy by now but it did not show. Guaranteed delivery is no longer so and I have to wait until the 28th November latest. Damn, really wanted to play this today.
Boo-hoo.

Posted on 23 Nov 2012 18:02:02 GMT
there's nothing to dislike about this game, its huge and it's blooming great. I'm 4 levels in and going in for more once I have scoffed my tea :)
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  31
Initial post:  22 Nov 2012
Latest post:  24 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions