Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Elder Scrolls Online,console editions delayed.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 8 May 2014 16:47:08 BDT
Runeweaver says:
http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2014/05/08/eso-on-consoles--update

Aiming for a relaunch after the PC version fails to impress people.

Posted on 8 May 2014 17:31:20 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Worked for Realm Reborn.

Posted on 8 May 2014 18:15:10 BDT
Runeweaver says:
Yeh it could work,just sort the bugs,exploits and sort out that stupid grouping system and the game could really take off, i mean who thought it was a good idea to make a grouping system where everyone has to do everything in the quest,everyone talk the guy,everyone pull the lever, it dosnt really say hey this a group based game,it says this is a solo game where you can talk to real people.

Well fingers crossed for Zenimax.

Posted on 9 May 2014 08:14:00 BDT
HOOP DOGG says:
I'm quite pleased about this as I am planning on getting a PS4 around Christmas & I love the Elder Scrolls. Hopefully the additional 6 months development time will iron out the bugs.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2014 15:26:27 BDT
The games have not been delayed after the PC version 'failed to impress people' - they've been delayed due to them not being finished yet.

The PC version sold c.800,000 physical copies, plus c.700,000 digital copies. 1.5m playing the game is pretty darn good.

I have cancelled my XB1 ESO pre-order, as I'll be playing Destiny and Halo by then. However, even if I wasn't, I'd never be happy with allowing all PC players to port their Level 50 characters to the XB1 and run amok. That's an appalling decision.

Posted on 12 May 2014 15:43:19 BDT
Honestly, Im really not looking forward to this coming out. Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim have been the highlights of gaming for me since I got my first Xbox and im worried that this is going to be pants and ruin them for me. I've never played a MMORPG barring a very brief dabble with WOW, why are they trying to ruin a successful formula. I can only imagine how good the next single player Elder Scrolls could have been on the XBONE / PS4, and am a little worried its a game ill never see!

In reply to an earlier post on 12 May 2014 16:40:05 BDT
J. Morgan says:
That will still happen. It takes a while to make these games and this ones been in the works for years before Skyrim.

Posted on 12 May 2014 17:10:27 BDT
Hmmm this is disappointing. Had the Imperial Edition pre-ordered for PS4. The article says that you can upgrade the PC version to the console version for a small fee. I'll wait for more news and if this applies to the Imperial Edition I'll pick it up for PC now and upgrade to PS4. If it doesn't then I'll probably end up leaving the game altogether as Dragon Age and Shadow of Mordor are both out in around six months so I'll be playing them more.

It sucks as this was one of my most anticipated games this year and was going to get me through the usual summer drought.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2014 00:16:56 BDT
Runeweaver says:
The only website giving any kind of sales figures is Vgcharts and their sales figures is 350k,that number wont include Zenimax's own sales as they havent released any numbers,so where you got the 1.5 million sales i dont know, Vgcharts arnt the most accurate but they normally are around +-5%.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70799/the-elder-scrolls-online/

Posted on 13 May 2014 07:22:15 BDT
Sanchez says:
Well I play this game on PC, and since launch I have not encountered ANY progression halting bugs (I did in Beta) and the servers are full of people. I'm not really sure why people lay into every MMO launch in a massively negative way.

Also Damo I've got the Imperial edition and I'd suggest you look carefully at the offering, personally it really wasn't worth it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 May 2014 08:31:18 BDT
Cheers mate. Unfortunately (I wish I didn't) I always get sucked in by exclusive mounts/pets in MMOs. I have the collectors editions of nearly all the WoW expansions because of this. When the new expansion comes out i'll get that as well even though i'm not even playing WoW at the moment :p

I know I have issues...

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2014 11:56:25 BDT
I read it on a review page - IGN, something like that.

The 350k figure doesn't include some physical sales I'm told, and apparently MMOs these days have a c.25% physical sale rate. So if the download sales were 3x the physical sales, that's another 1,050k sales to add to the 350k. That makes 1.4m, without the (admittedly small) number of physical sales not included on the vgcharts data. I reckon 1.5m is pretty accurate.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2014 12:05:53 BDT
J. Morgan says:
The important thing is not so much the initial sales but rather how many people subscribe after their free month is up. A lot of MMO's go FTP because their initial numbers are not sustained. TOR started off very well, but hemorrhaged players like a sucking chest wound in the following months.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2014 16:29:14 BDT
After a quick hunt earlier, I saw on one forum that they estimate (based on sales and online-at-any-one-time figures) that they are raking in c. £7.5m per month in subs. That would seem to me to be pretty decent. Shame they've ruined the console versions' chance of success though.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  8 May 2014
Latest post:  14 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions