Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

New COD Trailer leaked .......and you're not gonna believe it!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 54 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 2 May 2014 08:51:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 09:01:29 BDT
Yep the anti COD band wagon had COD written off, 'same old stuff every year' is the cry .. well wait until you see this trailer!

Near Future Setting
Invisible Camping
Titans
Future Helipcopters
Token Hollywood A lister !

I never want to hear COD doesn't think out side of the box again !

Who else would have thought of putting Titan sized suits in FPS !!!

Check this out haters !

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/update-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-trailer-officially-released/1100-6419370/

Posted on 2 May 2014 09:05:16 BDT
What happened to the world war one theme. I was all up for that! Another near future setting - bye COD, bored of you now.

Posted on 2 May 2014 09:32:06 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 09:36:47 BDT
They would never do it mate, trenches, bolt action rifles, Baldrick's apple crumble. They just doesn't scream AAA like invisible mechs and the end of the world again.

This video is very disappointing, im sure it will still be fun, but with exception of Kevin Spacey it could be the trailer for BLOPS 2.

With the gradual decline of love for the franchise I really excepted a new approach from COD this year, something new and exciting !

Oh yes to the forum simpletons my OP was meant to be sarcastic !

Posted on 2 May 2014 09:36:35 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 09:37:18 BDT
J. Morgan says:
That's going to be a devisive game I expect. CoD taps into peoples desire to "play soldier". Removing it from the present, makes that less appealing.

Kevin Spacey was the highlight, although I liked the hover bikes I doubt they will factor into gameplay in a big way :(

The WWI stuff was probably a disgruntled persons attempt at being ironic.

Posted on 2 May 2014 09:44:47 BDT
Just re release WAW :(

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 09:51:55 BDT
Nessy said they were doing an alternative reality WW1 - which sounded excellent. I agree with Carl - W@W2 and they can take my money.

Unless something really grabs me about this next COD, and for me that would have to be a refreshing setting or era which it isn't, then I won't be buying Advanced Warfare. Even the title makes me cringe. I really am honestly bored of COD. I played less than 20 hours of Ghosts MP - which I actually thought was alright but still it is far far too familiar to be fun anymore or have any real longevity.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 10:17:07 BDT
Its strange as most people seem to be asking for WW2 again, mind you I suppose these games have been in development for a couple of year haven't they. So maybe they are well underway with a WW2 one for 2016 or something.

Oh well Sniper Elite 3 is on its way ; )

Posted on 2 May 2014 10:39:56 BDT
Dela says:
Looks massively inspired by Crysis

Posted on 2 May 2014 10:51:10 BDT
Yeah that and the Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter games

Posted on 2 May 2014 11:02:31 BDT
AndyBSG says:
Haven't seen the vid but the obvious question to ask.

Does it look like a new engine or have they yet again used the same old outdated engine that was showing it's age in Ghosts?

Posted on 2 May 2014 11:08:14 BDT
It does look quite pretty, but all flashes by in Michael Bay-esque blur, so its hard to tell.

Still I doubt they could get away with that old engine for their first proper "next gen" COD.

Posted on 2 May 2014 11:32:28 BDT
Looks boring IMO. I just don't understand how people still get excited over COD. Each to their own. I agree that the title is awful. Nothing new.

Posted on 2 May 2014 11:37:33 BDT
Next they'll be putting Snoop Dog in a COD game. Then it really will get ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 11:56:06 BDT
I don't think people are getting excited anymore Ringo, that's the point.

The COD bubble is on the verge of popping, now as most folk wanted change or something to revitalise the franchise , this near future setting (again) may just burst it.

Posted on 2 May 2014 11:58:48 BDT
WhatNow says:
CoD like or loathe it used to set the standards and direction for FPS now it just copies them. Going back to the World Wars would of be a refreshing with or without the made up twist.

Posted on 2 May 2014 12:05:48 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 2 May 2014 12:08:02 BDT
It will sell well but probably not COD well. After the sales of Ghosts I can't imagine this will push them back up.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 12:20:13 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 12:20:32 BDT
Source:
http://www.statisticbrain.com/call-of-duty-franchise-game-sales-statistics/

Call of Duty 2003 1,750,000
Call of Duty 2 2005 2,500,000
Call of Duty 3 2006 1,250,000
Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare 2007 13,500,000
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 2009 23,000,000
Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3 2011 26,500,000
Call of Duty : World at War 2008 11,000,000
Call of Duty : Black Ops 2010 21,500,000
Call of Duty : Black Ops 2 2011 24,200,000
Call of Duty : Ghosts 2013 14,500,000

Wow, almost 10million sales down. I didnt expect that..

Posted on 2 May 2014 12:31:05 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 12:36:32 BDT
MF says:
I would love a greatest hits type game.

I wish they would skip a year and make a game with all the best maps from previous cods - all the weapons but to play more in the COD4 style.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 12:37:44 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 12:59:06 BDT
TBF tho I think the drop off in sales for Ghosts was more to do with the new gen on consoles being released at the same time, than a reflection on the game.

Yes there seems to be bit of back lash towards COD amongst us (the hardcore for the lack of a better word) but that's been there for years, COD still sold millions. We the moaners are just small group, COD is very much a casual gamers thing, hence the massive numbers sold.

Also probably explains why they don't listen to our feed back, same way 'King' wouldn't care if we started complaining about Candy Crush

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2014 12:49:23 BDT
Completely agree. Pretty sure most development companies would love 14.5m sales and I can see the new COD being 20m+ again.

We moaners hey, what do we know... :)

Posted on 2 May 2014 12:53:24 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 May 2014 17:51:53 BDT
Absolutely no way I'll be getting this. Lost interest in the series after MW2 - story was good but MP, once again, hacked to hell. Skipped BLOPS entrely & was talked into getting MW3. Again, pretty good SP and MP was amazing until...surprise...cheaters/hackers/modders absolutely ruined it for every fair playing gamer again.

Ok, I don't get why anyone would want to cheat at a game, give themselves an unfair advantage - how can you feel good about that? How can you enjoy the game when there's no challenge?? You can't ever say "hey, I'm damn good at this game" can you? But you can't really fault the cheaters (well, you can, but hear me out!) - what really gets my goat is that Activision/IW/whoever the hell they are partnered with, don't give tow hoots about their cutomers post purchase. Elite was never fixed, nothing was done to stop the known cheats or ban the hackers/modders.

I'm going back to BF - loved BFBC2, wasn't impressed by much esle they did until I took a gamble on BF4 and it's FAR better than anything COD has had to offer since probably COD3...!!

Obviously a Billy Connolly moment there....what I'm getting at is a) lack of loyalty and support from said developer(s), and b) lack of effort in preventing this from happening for future releases - from what I've heard, Ghosts & BLOPS had/has fair share of cheaters/modders/hackers & PS4 wasn't spared in this area.

I'm not going back to XBox either. I reckon the day of consoles is at an end - think I'll give pc gaming a shot now.

Posted on 2 May 2014 13:31:13 BDT
Remember around 2008-2009 people were complaining about all the WWII shooters and wanting something different.

Now a lot of us are complaining about all the future settings and wanting to go back to WWII...

Posted on 2 May 2014 13:33:09 BDT
WhatNow says:
@Carl its the overkill need to mix it up.

Posted on 2 May 2014 13:38:24 BDT
or go proper vietnam.

teh power of teh ps4/X1 would allow for some proper lush jungles/steamy swamps/meadering rivers etc.

jungle warfare!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  54
Initial post:  2 May 2014
Latest post:  6 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions