Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

The Boxing and Ufc Discussion Thread

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 797 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Jan 2013 09:46:21 GMT
Last edited by the author on 24 Jan 2013 09:49:20 GMT
My fellow Amazonians

I am a huge Boxing and MMA and can talk about it all day long. So a new year in the fight game begins and i thought i would restart the thread.
If anyone has got predictions on upcoming fights or wants to discuss or post stuff about a certain fighter or card then crack on. I would like to hear peoples choices for their best fights or fighters in MMA and Boxing. Breaking news, injuries or controversial stoppages and decisions. Thanks combat fans lets hope there is a few of you.

Last weekend was a bad one for Micheal Bisping he seems to struggle against top quality strikers.

This weekend is the one i have been waiting for
Quinton 'RAMPAGE' Jackson vs Glover Texeira in what i hope will be an out an out slugfest.

So the full Schedule is:

12am Tonight ESPN - (friday morning) The Ultimate Fighter: Team Jones vs Team Sonnen

1am ESPN Sunday - UFC ON FOX Johnson vs Dodson flyweight title

2am BOXNATION Sunday - WBC light welterweight chamionship. Lucas Matthysse vs Mike Dallas Junior from the states

1am Monday - (had to include this) WWE Royal Rumble

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 10:15:36 GMT
... says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 10:28:09 GMT
Bozz says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:10:48 GMT

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:21:13 GMT
... says:

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:26:12 GMT
Bozz says:

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:27:39 GMT

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:29:29 GMT
... says:

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 11:30:24 GMT
Bozz says:

Posted on 24 Jan 2013 12:16:02 GMT

Posted on 25 Jan 2013 17:48:04 GMT
G. Hanks says:
"I hope Haye fights Fury next and Chisora fights Price."

Haye said in an interview that he wouldn't fight Price or Fury and would only consider a title fight, namely against Vitali. Good video on youtube where he's quite candid about the toll of training on the body and that it's not just the fight but the training that takes a lot out of a fighter physically.

Chisora is however fighting his next fight (vs TBA) on 16th March on Boxnation at Wembley Arena for what looks to be a storming night of quality fighting. Burns vs Vazquez for the WBO and IBF title, Cleverley defending his WBO against Robin Krasniqi and Groves fighting Mohamed Ali Ndiaye for the Euro super middleweight belt. Going to try and get tickets for this one, it's a great line up.

I doubt Chisora will fight Price on that night as he's having his biggest match up yet against Tony Thompson (world number 11) on 23rd February. Really looking forward to that one. If Chisora does well in his comeback fight then a fight against Price would be good, but I think if Price performs well against Thompson he may look to fry even bigger fish in his ladder climb to get a title (Chisora is currently world 24 according to Boxrec.)

Nothing announced for Fury or Eubank Jnr yet. In fact Hennessy's schedule looks pretty much non-existent for the coming weeks. I know Eubank wants to keep busy so surprised he's not looked to announce his next challenge yet. Same with Fury, if he's looking to approach a Klitschko this year I'd expect something coming soon for an early March fight.

Khan vs Matthysse might be a good next venture. Only looking from a stats and ranking perspective. Khan beat Zab Judah, Matthysse lost to Judah, Matthysse ranked higher than both - number 2 (according to boxrec anyway.)

Posted on 28 Jan 2013 14:16:14 GMT

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 14:51:37 GMT
Afternoon

This weekend has a huge ufc card on espn, the card is as follows
Main Card (PPV 10PM):

UFC Featherweight Championship Fight: Jose Aldo (c) vs. Frankie Edgar
Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Alistair Overeem vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva
Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia
Ian McCall vs. Joe Benavidez
Preliminary Card (FX and Facebook 7PM ET)

Evan Dunham vs. Gleison Tibau
Bobby Green vs. Jacob Volkmann
Edwin Figueroa vs. Francisco Rivera
Jay Hieron vs. Tyron Woodley

Also Tyson fury is reportedly angry that David Haye said that he thinks David price would knock Tyson out. Could this be the start of a new feud

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 15:40:57 GMT
Nessy says:

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 15:55:17 GMT

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 16:22:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Jan 2013 16:28:14 GMT
Nessy says:

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 16:37:35 GMT
Bozz says:

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 16:43:46 GMT
Nessy says:

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 16:50:18 GMT
Bozz says:
Yeah, as I thought. I have a simular illness and had to have 5ft of my bowel removed last July. I find it hard enough to play sunday league football never mind even think about training for a big fight and fighting. Blows to the guts are incredably painful, and fatigue is a major factor. One of the medications for the ilness is to treat it with steroids and regular anti-inflamatory drugs do more harm than good. I would imagine the steroids used (Prednisolone is the most common) would be on the banned list as well.

I would wish the bloke well, would would advise him to quit

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 16:55:47 GMT
Nessy says:

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 16:59:22 GMT
Bozz says:

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 20:45:14 GMT
Some good fights in February. Looking forward to Quillin v Guerrero on the 9th. Rees fights Broner in a fortnight, can't see it going well for Rees as Broner is looking like a real class act (boxing wise at least)

Pathetic match up goes to Mosley v Mallignaggi. Mosley is an all time favourite of mine but its a stupid fight as he will only end up fighting a more dangerous opponent if he wins and could get hurt. Was too slow when he fought Alvarez and that's something that should of never happened as Mosley was lightening in his day.

Fury is a local lad to me so will always support him. Can't knock him, beats who is in front of him and is stepping up all the time. Could give Helinius something to think about but he'd have to go to Finland.

I'd like to see Kell Brook fight Khan but its not a fight Khan needs. Khan v Peterson is required although Peterson just signed for Goldenboy so only makes sense if they were tossing one of them aside. (Keeps all monies in house I guess)

Posted on 29 Jan 2013 21:27:24 GMT
... says:
Mark up for all the fight fans. The title of the thread does say ot people.

Don't think Haye would care what Fury thinks although it would be amusing if he turned up and whacked Peter Fury with a tripod at a press conference.

Nessy, rampage what fights from UFC would you recommend for a noob to watch?

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jan 2013 22:12:00 GMT
Nessy says:
It's almost impossible to watch the really big fights online because they were PPV's and the UFC is really strict but there are a few decent ones on the official UFC fighters Youtube page, here are a few good ones -

Current Light Heavyweight Champ Jon Jones vs Shogun Rua -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeepPMIDpo

Current Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva vs Rich Franklin -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mKq-0saAwU

Famous Brit Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDNU_vafgDk

Fedor Emelianenko Highlight video (considered by Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather to be the greatest fighter to have ever lived) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

If you want more just search 'free fight UFC' on Youtube, there are quite a few.

Posted on 30 Jan 2013 08:59:18 GMT
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 32 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  18
Total posts:  797
Initial post:  24 Jan 2013
Latest post:  9 hours ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions