Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Xbox One Replacement Console?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Nov 2013 14:11:40 GMT
Has anyone who bought a broken XB1 actually received a replacement console yet? I'm now on my 3rd Service Request after Microsoft cancelled the first 2 for unexplained reasons....

Their call centres are not helpful in the slightest, they can't tell me when a new console will arrive or even if it's been dispatched yet, am I the only one going through this with crappy MS customer support?

Posted on 30 Nov 2013 23:12:56 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Don't waste time with MS. You didn't buy from MS so it's the retailers responsibility under the sale of goods act which is UK law

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 01:19:47 GMT
// says:
And that is the reason for me returning my Xbox One back to Amazon when I found the fault.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 04:45:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 1 Dec 2013 04:48:23 GMT
I did. Mine was through in a few working days . . .

Though it was fraught with miscommunication, I'll admit. You should receive an e-mail when it is dispatched (as the initial confirmation e-mail claims) despite what the guys in the more difficult call centre insisted 'we don't send those e-mails anymore' indeed.

For the trouble I got a month extra Gold free. Hardly Earth shattering, but still.

Posted on 1 Dec 2013 13:12:43 GMT
I'd have sent it back to Amazon but they couldn't have given me a replacement console until after the new year. I called Microsoft the same day, 22nd Nov, and they guaranteed it for 25th - 27th Nov, they cancelled the SR the next day. I called again on the 23rd and got an estimated delivery for 27th - 29th. This SR was cancelled on Sunday night???.... The final SR was made on Monday and I've been waiting ever since, they did give me a download code for Dead Rising 3 which helped a little but not much, its not a great game by any means.... Anyway, the current SR I was suppose to get Saturday 30th Nov, guess what? nothing.... When I called up they couldn't tell me if it had been dispatched and they couldn't supply a tracking number.

I tried a fix which involves hitting the underside of the disk drive, it did actually work and I'm now playing Forza 5 on disk.... I'm still wanting a replacement as it's too much of a risk for a £425 console....

Posted on 2 Dec 2013 11:06:59 GMT
"I'd have sent it back to Amazon but they couldn't have given me a replacement console until after the new year. "

I can't believe Amazon did not keep a stock to cover any possible returns, for a company as big as Amazon that is disgusting service and damn greedy !

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2013 12:12:09 GMT
i cant believe you cant believe it! Amazon show time and time again how much they care about making as much profit as they can, why should the launch of a new console be any different?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2013 12:13:33 GMT
LOL figure of speech, im not surprised at all by it !

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2013 12:26:05 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2013 12:26:23 GMT
Its a difficult one isnt it. I like Amazon due to their prices and speed/ease of delivery, but I cant stand their business ethic and the way thet treat their staff/customers. But I'm funding them by continually purchasing from them.

Posted on 3 Dec 2013 18:02:32 GMT
Well... I still haven't received a replacement console or even a tracking number so I thought I'd give Xbox Support a call. Their agent explained to me that because UPS had been on strike last week there is now a large backlog of Xbox One consoles to be shipped and mine was in their warehouse waiting to be picked up, why they didn't use another courier baffles me.

I've been waiting almost 2 weeks for a replacement so I wasn't interested in any excuses I asked him when it would dispatched, he guessed another week just for dispatch and at least 10 business days until I actually receive it.

My theory? I think they're stalling, I don't think they've got the stock to replace broken consoles. I'll ask again, has anyone received a replacement console?

I'm going to leave this until Thursday, if there's been no progress I'll have to return the console to Amazon for a full refund, and believe me I'll be in no rush to purchase anything from MS anytime soon!

Posted on 4 Dec 2013 08:21:01 GMT
just4funuk says:
Surprised MS aren't sending out replacements. As I know someone that got two off there on line store last week. Goes to show that even MS are after sales and not customer service. As any faulty machines should be being replaced before there online store is stocked.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2013 08:22:29 GMT
Just a heads up mate I work in shipping and use UPS as far as I know there has been no UPS strike in the past few weeks sounds like they could be stalling but I could be wrong as well maybe it was just specific to that particular area

Posted on 4 Dec 2013 09:59:41 GMT
I'm surprised you haven't been asked by MS to return the faulty machine first, I mean anyone could claim that their machine is broken to get a second machine free if your allowed to keep the defective one?

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Dec 2013 10:48:34 GMT
You have to give them your bank details so they can put a hold on funds in your bank in case you don't return the faulty console, how much? £600!!!!!

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 11:34:38 GMT
Almost 3 weeks later and still nothing, the console is now going back to Amazon for a full refund. MS raised the case to their Advocacy Team meaning the telephone staff cannot answer any questions about the SR. I've sent the Advocacy Team 5 emails asking about the status of the SR as the dates they gave me for receiving a new console have long gone, never had a written response from MS.

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 11:43:46 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 11:44:39 GMT
There's a huge backlog of orders to fill with both consoles isn't there? People who have pre-ordered are still waiting for consoles to become available everywhere aren't they?

I think it's bad that replacements can't be issued but I think that's to be expected when there are not enough goods to fulfill every ones preorder. The people that have pre ordered deserve priority over any of those that have faulty consoles as far as I'm concerned. I don't mean that in a nasty way, it's just fair. People order post release date...that's a different matter altogether.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:03:31 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:06:37 GMT
"The people that have pre ordered deserve priority over any of those that have faulty consoles as far as I'm concerned."

I dont agree at all there Russ, this poor lads is someone with a pre order (obviously an earlier pre order than those still waiting) and he still hasnt got his console not one he can use anyway. I think Amazon are way out of line making him wait this long, stock should have been kept back incase of faults. Disgusting service imo!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:13:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:17:03 GMT
Imagine if you preordered your console two weeks before release date and was told you were getting it at Christmas because you only just made it in that manufacture grouping.

Then after the consoles release date, two thousand of those consoles issued before you get your's, breakdown.

Then you are contacted and told that now you won't be getting your console for Christmas because someone elses broke down and your preordered/booked place has been used up to serve that failed order.

How would you feel about that? I know exactly how I would feel.

First the pre-order promises need be upheld. It just has to be that way.

If Microsoft could guess how many of their consoles would fail on release date they may have been able to issue reserve stock to sellers for this instance but I bet that hasn't happened. How could they possibly predict something like that, how many would break?

There's a queue at a til, you buy your product after waiting your turn and unfortunately it's broken..it's a big risk we all are fully aware of and have been made aware of, particularly the huge demand and low stock.

What you can't do, is step right to the front of that queue again and push past every other person that has been waiting. That's just wrong.

This guy shouldn't have been issued with a faulty product full stop. That's the problem here.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:21:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:25:31 GMT
Imagine how you would feel if you ordered your console 6 months ago, you took the time to think a head, pre order it, save up then you get it and it doesnt work. But old johny come lately who orders a tester a week after launch walks past you with his nice new console working fine. You go back to shop can I have one of those ones that work please ? .. NOPE back of the queue with you!

You got in that queue way before everyone else to spend £400+ on working console, you got one that doesnt work, so really you have nothing and your sent to the back of the Queue!!!!!!. Thats Wrong Russ whichever way you slice it.

I love you man but i strongly disgree with you on this and if I Was Mr Marshall i would be going apocalyptic on the phone with Amazon !

It is first come first served for a working console, not a non working shiny box. You are very loyal customer of Amazon Russ, and defend them always, but I just dont get how you can defend this level of service, its appauling!

In answer to your question, i wouldnt be happy, but i am aware it is first come first served and would have to expect those people to be served first.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:26:18 GMT
Your missing the point of what a preorder is Gaz.

If someone preorders it's before release date. It's another customer that needs to be served the same way as this gent has been.

Your talking about a standard order. I was under the impression that people making orders now weren't getting consoles yet? Haven't both suppliers said they couldn't deliver all preorders before release date? I didn't think they were making them fast enough.

You could argue that it depends on the shop you go to. Shopto might have stock. That's a different situation altogether though..it's a different queue, different place. Nothing stopping anyone returning the console, getting a refund and making that order elsewhere if they can get it.

It's not Amazons or any single suppliers fault here though.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:33:09 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:34:13 GMT
I am not misunderstanding anything Russ, you as a supplier have a duty of care to your customer they gave you money for a product. Any issue with that product out of the box is an issue with my supplier and me not the customer ! I should refurnish them with a working unit that they paid for and order of priority of them ordering it.

The customer should not be punished for faulty goods.

Ill stop there Russ cause I feel angry about the subject and for Marshall as I could never treat my customers like this. So lets agree to disagree on this one mate.

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 12:33:31 GMT
RAB says:
Surely the blame lays at Microsoft's door for shipping faulty consoles, not Amazon's for not having the stock.

Marshall, I'm aware you're probably not feeling your most charitable at the moment, but you could also show a bit of compassion towards the customer service staff you're dealing with. It's not their fault you don't have a console, but if the way you post your troubles here is anything to go by, you're probably speaking very strongly with them. That's not gonna help matters at all, as I'm sure you're not the only one with the issue. Must be incredibly tough for the people dealing with customers with faulty customers so maybe speaking to them politely and reasonably might actually make them willing to do that little bit extra for you.

I'm making massive assumptions here so apologies if that's not the case. Just a thought.

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 12:34:15 GMT
G. Hanks says:
Got to agree with Russ here. As a retailer it's your aim to sell your stock, not keep half of it incase of faults. Should there be a fault then you're entitled to a refund or a replacement IF there is one available. As a retailer Amazon can't be blamed for selling all their stock, for that is the aim of the retailer.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2013 12:37:53 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:51:38 GMT
That's cool mate, I only said that because you mentioned someone ordering a console post release date.

I had already said that people ordering post release date is a different matter altogether and should be in line after this gentleman so I don't see what the issue is.

Posted on 10 Dec 2013 12:56:37 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2013 12:58:17 GMT
I think your a very understanding bunch LOL, I hope for amazon sake you would be this understanding if yours broke tomorrow.

Wether people before or after release are getting there's first is irreleveant, I simply still dont see why this guy gets sent to the back of queue?

I'm also not sure why im getting quite so annoyed, my console is fine lol. so ill leave it there and respectfully disgree with the general opinion, this lad should be left waiting.

Good luck Mr Marshall, I hope Amazon can spare you a replacement consoles for your £400+ at some point before Easter.
Anyway I hope
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  19
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  30 Nov 2013
Latest post:  18 Feb 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions