Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Crysis 2 MP - Love It Or Hate It?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-21 of 21 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 17 Jul 2012 00:33:54 BDT
Solar Fox says:
I've been playing Crysis 2's online mp for a while now. I have yet to come top of the leaderboard although I have been close to it. I have just reached leve 19. Some games have been quite good, but lately I seem to be getting owned on a regular basis.

I tend to run around with stealth mode active, because it works for other players, as they appear next to me and take me out with a melee attack.

Tonight seem to involve me running around in stealth but even being invisible they could see me and the amount of times I got shot in the back in stealth mode was ludicrus. How can they see me?

I really did have a bad night with it this time with the enemy team running rings around me. At level 19 i'm still puzzled at how you can get good at this game.

I think it's safe to say i'm useless with Crysis 2 online. I usually get 6-7 kills and 10 to 20-odd deaths! I tried to get better at this but it has been a failure compared to other online learning curves.

So does anyone else play Crysis 2 online and do you/did you love it or hate it?

If you love it? How on earth do you get better at it? Because i'm on the verge of selling the darn thing now.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 01:42:37 BDT
I had a love/hate relationship with Crysis 2 MP when I owned it, though since I've sold it they've apparently fixed some of its major flaws it had around launch. The lag was horrendous at times, the hit detection was the worst I've ever seen and there were massive inconsistencies in the amount of bullets it took to kill someone

The whole leap/armour/cloak concept is brilliant and when you drop from a 3-story car park while invisible, cracking the ground below you before kicking a car into someone's face, the adrenaline rush is incredible. When Crysis 2's MP has those player-driven, emergent moments it is just sublime

However, I found - due to the aforementioned lag/hit detection issues - most games descended into everybody cloaking, sneaking up on people, firing at them point blank and hoping for the best. As you say though, impossible to see other people at times, but everyone can seemingly spot you. Add to that some dull-as-sin maps and a slow, bare levelling system and you have a potentially brilliant MP held back by major technical issues and some uninspired choices by the devs

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 08:03:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2012 08:03:56 BDT
I played Crysis 2 MP for quite a while after launch. I thought it was really good, although it did have some problems as described by Mr Cliff. I really didn't have much trouble seeing people even when they were cloaked. They are still slightly visible and if you select the right perks - such as the perk that highlights footsteps - then you can quickly get on their trail to sniff out a kill. I cannot remember my loadouts - I think I used an Assault rifle with a red dot sight. Also use your cloak wisely - I tended to be out of view in a less visible parts of the map whilst my cloak was recharging. I didn't find it difficult to 'hold my own' on Crysis 2 MP and just about maintained a K/D above 1. I thought it was a cracking MP. Played it a few weeks ago to see if I could get more of the MP achievements but I needed to play game modes other than TDM which were pretty dead lobby wise - it was play TDM or nothing, so I gave up.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 08:09:23 BDT
Solar Fox says:
You've covered it well Paul.

I thought the SP was brilliant, but the MP becomes frantic confusion and wtf moments.

I don't even know i'm taking hits alot of the time. The suit just shuts down. I watch the replay and it shows me being shot at with an assault rifle while my armour is on but there's no perception of this during play.

I also watched a replay of my death where I was melee attacked, but according to the replay I had moved out of the way but I was still killed.

I love the tactical technology in Crysis 2, but after several months of dipping in and out of Crysis 2 mp, I think i'm going to leave it be. I just can't get to grips with the questionable deaths I seem to suffer.

I've heard on another forum that the yanks get a better connection than the rest of the world. That can't be right surely!?

I may just admit to myself that i'm just no good at C2 mp and go and play something else instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 08:21:03 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 17 Jul 2012 08:23:38 BDT]

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 08:28:03 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2012 08:28:20 BDT
Why did you delete your post lol. I read it - seemed totally fine.

Anyways. I think the yanks tend to be hosts in a lot of games (on average) because there are a lot of them and their broadband connections tend to have better uploads speeds than us. And upload speed is important for hosting.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 08:35:23 BDT
Solar Fox says:
R - I make sure I get to cover when the cloak energy is low. What happens with me is, when I'm recharging I get melee attacked from nowhere. 2 hits and i'm gone.

I can get over 10 kills with 10 deaths usually, but last night was awful. 7 kills to 20 odd deaths had me questioning what I was doing wrong, with no answers to my frustration. Other than i'm just no good at it.

I will try the footsteps perk tonight and see if that helps.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 08:40:39 BDT
Solar Fox says:
It's my new phone, drives me mad. Tried to add to the post and ended up pressing delete post by mistake. Pressed back several times to try and get it back but nothing. Grrrr.. Something else that frustrates me.

Bring back the buttons!!

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 08:48:46 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2012 08:49:10 BDT
I know what you're saying. I use a tablet PC at home and typing on the screen is sooooo slow compared to a proper keyboard - and I make more mistakes and find it harder to correct typos. I even miss out entire words because the slow laggy typing lags behind my brain. I'm really going off touch screens even though I like the features and apps.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 09:08:50 BDT
"I use a tablet PC at home and typing on the screen is sooooo slow compared to a proper keyboard - and I make more mistakes and find it harder to correct typos."

Get a better tablet :). I have the same problem with my phone but have to say never have an issue with my ipad, typings just as responsive on that as using a keyboard on my desktop. The only problem I have with it is if I make a typo using my sausage fingers to try and get the curser back in the right place to correct it can be a pain.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 09:26:21 BDT
It's not a bad tablet PC - a Samsung Galaxy HD. Sorry - I don't like Apple:-) And I have used them. Most of my family uses them.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 09:36:53 BDT
Thinking about it I've never known a Android device that doesn't have the problem you describe, some to a lesser degree than others, whereas I've never seen it on Apple. I wonder if it's similar to why Mac OS generally runs better than Windows on equivalently powered PC's, because the Apple version only runs on Apple products it can be optimised whereas Windows (or in this case Android) has to run on a variety of different devices so isn't as well optimised for them?

I'm not a big fan of Apple either but they do make dam good tablets.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 09:44:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 17 Jul 2012 09:55:51 BDT
It's not so much that it's laggy - I suppose it is slightly - but I can type 3 times faster on a proper keyboard than any touch screen, even an iPad. So my brain is always much further ahead when typing on a touch screen compared to keyboard.

I cannot deny Apple products do their job very well but cost and restrictions on digital content usage (iTunes) put me off big time.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 15:15:29 BDT
All these examples Gray sound like lag problems. I played it after launch and I'm sure many of the problems have been fixed but I found having extra variables of the suits confused me to what was lag and what was fair gameplay. Plus as somebody new to the maps and game I was getting repeatedly killed by some guy cloaked in the corner. It felt like they'd designed a MP to be a campers wet dream. I'm sure it's changed by now.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 16:08:38 BDT
Rory says:
I played it a bit but the progression takes ages and really high level players absolutely dominate! I tended to go round with nothing activated and then hit armour as soon as I see someone or if I know there's someone round the corner from the map. If someone's a little distance away or I want to sneak across open territory I might use cloak.

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 16:12:51 BDT
Solar Fox says:
It could be Tetro. Although campers are not usually a problem. It's more the players that manage to run up to you cloaked and shoot you at point blank range before I can even get a round off.

I like to run and gun but C2 mp has me shot in the back several times in a row while i'm cloaked and running around.

I've noticed the upgrade system seems to put higher ranked players at a huge advantage. Fully upgraded Nano suit, with max armour, stealth etc..

Like I say, i'll try the footsteps perk like R suggested and see if that helps tonight. 'Cloak Engaged' ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 16:18:27 BDT
Solar Fox says:
You may be right Rory. It appears that way to me aswell. You start off at level 1 with the capabilities of your Nano-suit. While higher ranked players will have alot higher levels on their Nano suit, upgraded by the xp.

Does seem a tad unfair, but i'll persevere.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 16:20:07 BDT
"shot in the back several times in a row while i'm cloaked and running around."

Don't you become more visible the faster you're moving (or am I thinking of a different game)? That could be your answer if you're cloaked and "running".

Posted on 17 Jul 2012 16:23:53 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Your Energy drains quicker but you still remain invisible. Your cloak disables when you fire your gun too.

In reply to an earlier post on 17 Jul 2012 16:24:56 BDT
I think it's Halo Reach where you become more visible the faster you move while cloaked.

Posted on 18 Jul 2012 09:42:40 BDT
Solar Fox says:
Played Crysis 2 mp last night again with the footsteps perk. It does actually help, but.. you only see their footsteps when the enemy team is cloaked. Otherwise it doesn't activate.

Better games last night and managed to be the best on my team twice, although we were the team that lost. I'm still seeing enemy players getting 23 kills and 2 deaths and wondering how they managed to do it. But they were highly ranked so a highly upgraded nano-suit maybe their advantage.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  21
Initial post:  17 Jul 2012
Latest post:  18 Jul 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions