Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

PS4 - Any good deals out there?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 13 Jan 2014 11:52:01 GMT
Morning All,

So this weekend I've decided to finally pick up a PS4. `Zon are sold out until the 25th and the prices on Ebay are ridiculous. I visited my local GAME on Sat and they have 4or5 bundles in stock but unsurprisingly they chuck in games/Blurays that I really don't want. The cheapest bundle is 460 with Blurays of movies I've seen and LEGO Marvel Superheroes which isn't my bag.

Shopto have got a few bundles but again the cheapest is with Knack or Killzone - both of which I'm really not interest in. I've got BF4 to upgrade and was also hoping to get FIFA. That would do me alongside the free games on Plus I would have.

So, does anyone know of a site/shop selling the console on its own or indeed with just FIFA? Or have you spotted any really good PS4 deals anywhere?

Any help, much obliged!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2014 12:10:56 GMT
Supermarkets might be your best bet at the moment. I read recently about them getting more stock in and they're more likely to stock the standard bundles or stand alone machines rather than GAME's odd mix and match bundles that bump the price up.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 14:04:03 GMT
AndyBSG says:
Argos sell just the PS4 with a years PS+ for 380.

Another pain is that the Killzone the consoles come with is one of those 'sold as part of a multipack, not to be sold separately' so a lot of places won't even let you trade it in

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 14:27:12 GMT
Cheers fellas - The Argos deal might be a good shout.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 14:58:33 GMT
Steve says:
Dave im not sure if you have gamestop over there but its where i got mine,just the console no dvds or games.picked up my own choice of games.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 15:01:44 GMT
Just checked the Argos site and all stores within 10 miles of me are out of stock. I hope you find some near you

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 15:10:30 GMT
Google Stock Informer; I'm sure theres a site setup that checks all the major retailers and the prices etc.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 15:12:00 GMT
im surprised there is still a shortage of just the consoles.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 15:13:02 GMT
AndyBSG says:
I'd be wary of ordering from Gamestop at the moment.

Not sure what is going on with them but if you look on their Facebook and Twitter pages they're swamped with complaints from people who have placed orders that haven't been dispatched for almost a week.

They may just be really busy, have some order tracking issues or could be something a bit more worrying.

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 15:38:22 GMT
Yeh Argos out of stock in Edinburgh.

I'll check out Gamestop and see what the script is with them.

Was hoping to pick it up Sat tho. Dont fancy waiting weeks on end...

Posted on 13 Jan 2014 16:21:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 13 Jan 2014 16:23:42 GMT
AndyBSG says:
You may have to bite the bullet and get it from Game if you just want to pick one up this weekend.

If you're willing to order online and wait for delivery you can be a bit pickier but I think they're still getting snapped up so quickly that most aren't making it to the actual stores before they're getting sold online with the exception of Game.

I ended up getting mine from Game and the only bundle they had was Knack, Killzone, Need For Speed, Man of Steel and Despicable Me 2 BR's... I gave the two BR's away and traded Knack and Need For Speed in without even opening them!

Wouldn't mind but I've had it for about a month now and only managed about 4 hours of play on it as the other half keeps banning my gaming time!

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Jan 2014 16:34:57 GMT
Amazon have stock arriving on 26th January of just the PS4 that you can pre-order now.

Posted on 14 Jan 2014 11:19:15 GMT
I got mine from Tesco's (Via Stock Informer) with the Killzone Bundle (purchased Fifa 14 & AC4 in store)

I got mine delivered to stock and picked it up. Ordered on the Friday, got it on the Monday.

Unsure what Supermarket is near you, I know Tesco do Store Pickup when ordering online. Unsure if ASDA, Morrisons, Sainsburys etc do this service.

Try it!

Posted on 14 Jan 2014 16:45:16 GMT
Thanks guys - I'm keeping an eye on Stockchecker. Its updated often so I'll keep checking through the week. Hopefully the right deal will be there on Sat.

There are actually folk selling the PS4 on its own for 350 on Ebay.

On the flip, side someone is selling the PS4 box on its own - Buy it Now price - 250!!
Chancing Git.

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2014 16:51:47 GMT
If someone is stupid enough to buy that I think they get everything they deserve. Just like that guy who bought a picture of an Xbox One, shouldve read the listing properly!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2014 16:56:04 GMT
It actually said in the Title - PICTURE OF XBOX ONE

And in the description it stated it was a picture of the XBOX ONE, unsure how this is misleading, but the guy got his money back accordingly..

Posted on 15 Jan 2014 09:05:09 GMT
Yeah and in turn a CEX gave him an XBO for free, no doubt this was a Marketng stunt.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 10:21:39 GMT
Conspiracy, CEX was the one who sold him the photo, then in a move to boost their public image, gave him a free one and publicised it XD

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 10:32:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 15 Jan 2014 10:32:37 GMT
Just for the record, when I say a marketing stunt.

Poor gullable ba****d buy a photo of XBO
Gets refund
It goes viral on Fb & News etc
CEX decides to step in and "help" said gullable person to gain Publicity; not that they had anything to do with the ebay advert.

As a result of this, the next big release... I'm selling picture of item on ebay, friend buys it and hope a company bites.

Posted on 15 Jan 2014 15:52:50 GMT
Just ordered my PS4 from Argos and it's getting delivered Friday. Not the best price out there (399 with Killzone) but delivery in 2 days was too good to turn down. I am excite!!

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 16:23:53 GMT
I didnt think it's bad price Damo.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 16:40:03 GMT
Yeah this bundle can't be found much cheaper. Think its 385 on here. More than happy with that price plus 12 months interest free. Result :D

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Jan 2014 16:44:57 GMT
Ah well then, whats 15 if you can spead the cost.

Enjoy mate

Posted on 16 Jan 2014 13:18:56 GMT
Welcome to the PS4 club..

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Jan 2014 13:28:07 GMT
AndyBSG says:
So, did you get your hands on a PS4 at the weekend?
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  13 Jan 2014
Latest post:  28 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions