Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

What Are You Currently Playing Episode 3: Backlogs and Bromances

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 May 2013 09:41:41 BDT
Trigger says:
Guacamelee! (Vita)
GTA Chinatown Wars (Vita)
Collar of Duty 4: Modern Warfur (PS3)

List me up.

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:42:27 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 14:14:05 BDT
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (ps3)
Dirt 3 (ps3)
Skyrim DLC (ps3)

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:43:21 BDT
Equinox80 says:
Quick work Trigger. Nice name for the thread too :)

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:45:36 BDT
A Portal Gun says:
NHL 13 (PS3)
Minecraft (X360)
Civ 5 (PC)
Sins of a Solar Empire (PC)

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:46:45 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 09:51:31 BDT
Trig. I tried to reply to you in the last threadbut my lengthy reply was rejected. In a nutshell I asked - I thought I'd completed hades? And I thought the tricky platforming part you mentioned was the blades of hades which I completed - and which was well before the guardian of pandora boss fight which I thought was the end of the challenge of hades.

I'm playing:

God of War HD (potentially not to be completed)
Hitman Absolution (defo not to be completed)

Next:

Catherine (a case of suck and see. Ooo err)
Possible Ico and SOTC

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:49:13 BDT
I'm a playing Metro Last Light (excellent), Monaco (sublime), Blood Dragon (dumb), Defiance (monotonous), Dead Island Riptide (braindead violence) and also Lego City and Nintendoland with the kids (Luigi's Mansion dominating).

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:55:10 BDT
Far Cry 3 with the occasional bit of Borderlands 2 mixed in. XCOM and Saint's Row 3 head up the backlog, with Skyrim Legendary Edition as my next planned purchase

Posted on 29 May 2013 09:57:08 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 10:03:21 BDT
well done Trigger, nice shiney new thread!

Currently playing to mop up last few cheevos

Enslaved
assassins creed
assassins creed brotherhood (john mp?)
MW3 (John dlc?)

i also have mirrors edge to play through and various other titles that need a look at, at some point!

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:01:07 BDT
i thought spamming was the traditional way to end a thread? normally hubbard singing a song or something?

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:18:19 BDT
Equinox80 says:
How does Last Light compare to 2033 Lill?

Ollie I think I'll pass on the Brotherhood MP thanks but could do the MW3 DLC at some point. Give me a shout if you see me online matey.

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:20:15 BDT
C. Jones says:
im still plodding through resi revelations decent re game and tough in places currently on episode 8 need to finish gow ascension but really hate the puzzle parts of gow games!

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:24:02 BDT
Catherine (PS3)
Persona 4 (VITA)

but i've got a sheety accountancy exam and a stag do (not mine) before I get back to them!

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:24:22 BDT
I have a question about ICO and SOTC. Are they are frustrating games? Will I be throwing my controller out of the window?

Posted on 29 May 2013 10:26:26 BDT
Pokemon Black, Dragon Quest 9 and Resi Rev on 3DS - Soul Sacrifice on Vita - Crysis 3 on 360 - Unfinished Swan, Joe Danger, and later today Demon's Souls on PS3 - all the while additcted to BF3.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:30:13 BDT
No, not in the slightest (at least, I don't remember them being on PS2). I would say they're both games where you can tell within the first hour or so whether they're your kind of game or not

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:32:16 BDT
"I have a question about ICO and SOTC. Are they are frustrating games?"

No - you will get lost a bit in ICO from time to time (well I did at any rate) - but nothing too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:34:13 BDT
I checked on YT, and if you're on the Cliffs of Madness then you're nowhere near Hades I'm afraid (it's a whole chapter when Kratos goes to the underworld, and the blades in question are two massive spinning vertical towers which you have to climb). You talked about being stuck on the Guardian of Pandora - what was it, specifically? Was it a satyr/faun; i.e. a super-agile goat bastard with a double-ended spear? As far as I recall, when you get to the real Guardian of Pandora (which is a huge minotaur in armour) you then have a short trip to retrieve the box itself, and then you're fairly close to the game's end.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:38:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 11:14:41 BDT
"As far as I recall, when you get to the real Guardian of Pandora (which is a huge minotaur in armour) you then have a short trip to retrieve the box itself, and then you're fairly close to the game's end. "

Yes it was a huge Minotaur in Armour which I had to break away by firing logs at it. Done that bit now. Beforehand, quite a bit before in hades, there were some wooden beams to navigate which had spinning towers with blades on (on their horizontal rotating parts) that I had to double jump over. I only had to climb to the top of the second tower which was just a ladder up its length. I've spent quite a while in hades, I've navigated through the circular rooms that you have to spin around yourself, drained out the water and I've released Poseidon which has sent me back to the surface again.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:41:30 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 11:13:38 BDT
Thanks Robson and Steven. I'll give them a go - just thought if they were frustrating i wouldn't even bother. Much like I'm not bothering with Demon Souls next month on PS+.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:50:27 BDT
Personally think it's a much better game. It's as close to Half-Life 3 as we're going to get for a while.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:55:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 10:58:49 BDT
You might well be questioning what to do to progress (in Ico you have to escape a huge maze-like castle, in SotC you have to bring down sixteen giant beasts, each of which have a specific weak point), but they're not generally frustrating. To be completely honest, I suspect from what I know of your gaming tastes you may well not enjoy either game - they're both very low-key fantasy adventures which don't have amazing gameplay, but are engrossing if you get yourself wrapped in the plot and relationships (in Ico, between a boy and a girl who don't speak the same language, and in SotC, between a young man and his horse. NSFW). They appeal to the pretentious gamer in me who likes oblique and minimalistic plots and storytelling; whether you enjoy this kind of thing may determine if you like the games.

EDIT - as a vague comparison, have you played Limbo? I found the premise and narrative in that not dissimilar to Ico. Ditto Journey.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:57:19 BDT
Ah, I'm very confused then. My memory of it must be more hazy than I thought; I remembered the minotaur boss being quite close to Pandora's Box itself.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 10:57:23 BDT
Last edited by the author on 29 May 2013 11:02:53 BDT
I like atmospheric games even if the game play is subtle and not particularly traditional - flower and journey come to mind.

[EDIT]

Yes I have played Limbo. Loved it. Completed it. Loved the atmosphere of the game and the puzzle solving side.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 May 2013 11:01:17 BDT
Equinox80 says:
Excellent, I'll definitely give this a go at some point then.

Posted on 29 May 2013 11:05:20 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 Jun 2013 13:27:27 BDT
Nick says:
Yay for the new thread!
Boo that I didn't get last post.

It feels like home in here already!

OT but I would love to know post counts from the previous tread, Adam and I probably have around half lol.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 400 Next ›
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
The Official Amazon Football Thread - The Race for Sixth 1673 9 minutes ago
seriously off topic ! - in or out ? 386 7 hours ago
What Are You Currently Playing Part 7: A man chooses, a HAW obeys. 5138 8 hours ago
Name and shame your gaming backlog 2141 14 hours ago
The Ultra Settings with full FXAA and AToC Thread (PC part 2) 1689 15 hours ago
Kick off - The dark souls of football games 7 15 hours ago
Destiny 5515 17 hours ago
Top Ten Worst Games Apart From Superman 64. 129 18 hours ago
Wednesday PS3 Gaming night 9793 18 hours ago
Playstation Vita Clan Thread 2 (They said it would never happen) 2127 19 hours ago
OT: The official "its funnier to watch you just talking to yourself." thread 72 19 hours ago
The inaugural official Amazon 360/Xbox One Thread 6834 19 hours ago

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  98
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  29 May 2013
Latest post:  28 Nov 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions