Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Eve Online any good?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 19 Jan 2012 13:04:25 GMT
Jez says:
Is it any good as a space sim type game?

Is there a lot of grinding in it?

Pros and Cons?

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:20:54 GMT
If you wish you could own a space ship and live up in the stars of a far away galaxy then yes you'll like it. There is usually a two week trial to new members so give it a go.

I did enjoy it, i wouldn't pay monthly for it as i don't have the time to put in to it to make it worthwhile.

There is a lot of grinding if you actually get into the nitty gritty of the game. You have to mine asteroids for materials to sell for money or make stuff. If you get in to an allience they usually set up mining groups and share the money earned of which you can you to pay for your membership, if you earn enough. Or if you get a battle ship full of weapons you can go out to destroy people mining and steal their money/material. Bewarned that within certain areas this can make it hard for you to travel through as people can put a bounty on your head.

Pros - Good futuristic RPG with a improved story and tutorial, real time leveling/training you can queue your training up so even when you are not logged in it will train the different skills you want your character to learn. (hint do the learining ones first as it helps you learn all skills faster. multiple ships to choose from and equip as you want.

Cons - Pay monthly, grinding as all RPG MMO's have, universe is huge so traveling can take some time (there is an auto-pilot so you can set it then go and make dinner and eat it if its a long journey). as in all online game there are some idiots that fly around just to shoot people and ruin their games, this can get annoying but is part of the game.

Hope this helps

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2012 13:30:45 GMT
Very good explanation to the game Si B.

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:33:04 GMT
Why thank you kind sir... :S

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:45:20 GMT
Jez says:
Thanks nice summary! I read part of a mining guide that recommends you create 3 characters . 1 for mining. 1 for hauling and 1 for protection. Can you run/sign into all 3 characters from the same PC at the same time?

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:53:26 GMT
Wow! that would be manic! just get two friends to join.

Plus you'll need a good PC for it to run 3 games at once i would have thought. If you ever go the where the rare material is then you'll need a lot more than just one protecting. You find they have one mining with a destroyer/battleship helping while keeping a look out and they will jettesen the cargo on pods ready for the hauler to come back and just pick up the pods.

But to run three games at once would be far beyond me playing the game for enjoyment.

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:53:50 GMT
Cerberus says:
"Eve online is *nothing* like Elite though...i have played Eve online....sadly i knew someone would mention this straight away :("

Ehhh I thought you had played it already ?

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 13:56:03 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jan 2012 13:57:42 GMT
Where did you quote that from?

EDIT: Nevermind i read the other thread.

So why the questions Jez?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2012 13:57:26 GMT
Cerberus says:
From the Looking for MMO like Elite thread by jez

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Jan 2012 16:26:56 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jan 2012 16:27:02 GMT
Bunga says:
"Ehhh I thought you had played it already ?"

Just what I was thinking........

Posted on 19 Jan 2012 22:00:51 GMT
Last edited by the author on 19 Jan 2012 22:03:39 GMT
Jez says:
I played it agggesss ago :) I didnt stick with it at the time. Only played for a couple of weeks. But thinking should give it a second chance. Its a little bit like Elite right? (except for combat which maybe i could live without)

I have a bad memory so i can remember the music and the atmosphere was good but cant really remember what i was doing etc.

Posted on 14 Jul 2014 14:32:59 BDT
Anyone playing this?

Posted on 14 Jul 2014 15:52:31 BDT
what sort of PC do you need to run it?

Posted on 14 Jul 2014 16:14:26 BDT
any its not a graphic heavy game.

Although it does look great on a high end.

Posted on 15 Jul 2014 07:52:47 BDT
Eve online is amazing, if you have the time to play it. I would recommend joining a corporation if you do end up playing. That'll help you learn, the game is huge and it's easy to get overwhelmed by it. I wouldn't recommend playing as three characters, 1, that'll cost you £36 a month 2, you'll need three computers 3, one character is hard enough to micro manage.

Posted on 15 Jul 2014 07:56:26 BDT
To answer your questions. Yes, it's a brilliant space simply, complete with mining, trading, fighting, manufacturing and a load of other stuff. No there's not much grinding per se, all your skills can be set to train when you're offline, but it can take a while to get money if you don't want to just buy it with real money.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  19 Jan 2012
Latest post:  15 Jul 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions