Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Best PS Vita offer?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 12 Nov 2012 00:59:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Nov 2012 01:00:00 GMT
ND says:
Hey,

I am looking to buy a PS Vita although would like to get a good deal. Any recommendations? I'm looking at the Wi-Fi model.

Shop-To has, Vita with MGS Collection £200 which looks good. No memory card but I don't mind buying a 16GB card from Amazon.

Any other places? I would appreciate the help. Thanks.

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 07:37:41 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Nov 2012 07:47:09 GMT
MintFox says:
Here and HMV are doing console, ac3 and a 4gig mem card for £199. Picked mine up on Friday, AC3 is excellent and the vita version has been designed to play on the vita. (so no dodgey port.) I highly recommend.

EDIT: Or go on the PS3 clan thread and ask Biddy to sell you his he is looking to part with it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 07:39:44 GMT
Depending on what you want really. I got one recently from Game.

Game bundle: Vita + 4GB + Uncharted + LBP + Fifa 13 - £229.99

Bought that, Sold Uncharted and Fifa to HMV for £50. LBP was download code unfortunately. Went to Grainger. Got Uncharted for £7 pre-owned, Little King's Story for £25.

Of course that all works depending on HMV still giving £35 for Fifa. Or you not wanting Fifa (You shouldn't. It's a scam game and is the same as Fifa Football already released on the console)

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 07:59:09 GMT
John morris says:
ND,

Your best bet will to be hang on as there will have to be a vita price cut before too long,the vita is an awesome little machine but at the moment is selling very low numbers in japan,so sony will have to do something just like nintendo had to do when the 3-ds hit a poor patch.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 11:14:03 GMT
Matt says:
I agree with you John, unless there's a game that you absolutely must play like right now, you're better off waiting for a price cut. Speaking of such a game, I can't wait for my Persona 4 Golden Amazon order to be dispatched ugh. 8 more days, 7 till they start processing as they do it the day before lol

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 11:50:14 GMT
ND says:
Thank you all for replying. I don't really have a game that I would want to really play so I don't mind waiting. It just seems a price cut could be far off (despite poor sales and what I have read regarding this). I might wait until after Christmas. I have PS Plus so it will be interesting to see the content for the Vita and how appealing it is.

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 12:07:16 GMT
djburty says:
"Speaking of such a game, I can't wait for my Persona 4 Golden Amazon "

is that in the US? i just pre-ordered the uk version of P4G which is apparently due in feb. i'm currently playing P3 again on my vita to help with the long wait.

wrt to a price cut - i'm sure they'll wait for the new year before even considering this - AC3:L has just come out and declassified is out this week and christmas is coming up so i'm sure they'll see how sales responds to this.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 12:18:00 GMT
Ness says:
Sony have already confirmed there will be a price cut for PSV in the new year.

Its actually not doing too badly having just hit 3 million sales but Sony set totally unrealistic sales targets of 10 million in it's first year.

There are now enough decent games available for me to want one but im waiting for the price drop.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 13:08:57 GMT
"Sony have already confirmed there will be a price cut for PSV in the new year"

Not doubting but would be interested in source of that dude? Very unusual to confirm a price cut for post Xmas and risking damage to Xmas sales??

Posted on 12 Nov 2012 13:12:10 GMT
Ness says:
http://uk.gamespot.com/news/sony-ps-vita-price-cut-in-2013-6397452

Sony: PS Vita price cut in 2013 -

UK boss Fergal Gara confirms price reduction for company's newest portable coming next year, timing "still under discussion."

"Sony will cut the price of its PlayStation Vita sometime in 2013, the publisher's UK boss Fergal Gara has told Eurogamer. The executive said the exact timing of the price reduction is "still under discussion."

"We always aim to establish price cuts. So the question is not so much if, but when," Gara said. Though there will not be a PS Vita price cut in 2012, he said Sony will work with its retail partners to "add value" to the portable by way of system-software bundles.

In August, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida said 2012 was "too early" for a PS Vita price cut, confirming that no reduction was planned for the year. The PS Vita launched in February 2012 with a Wi-Fi-only version at $249 and a Wi-Fi/3G model retailing for $299. Sales of the portable are nearly in line with company expectations, according to Sony CEO Kaz Hirai."

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 13:13:36 GMT
Last edited by the author on 12 Nov 2012 13:14:08 GMT
Ness says:
I agree it's silly to confirm a price drop just before 'Holiday season' on a high price tech item.

I think the sweet spot for PSV is £150 with maybe a 4GB Memory Card and a big name older game like Uncharted or Wipeout pre loaded on it.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 14:50:44 GMT
Matt says:
Yes, the total cost including shipping and import duty fees paid upfront will be around £35, I ordered it when it was only $35 on the website but they required you to use an expensive carrier, with as said the fees paid upfront. So it should arrive without incident hopefully.

It's $39.99 at the moment on Amazon.com, you should go for it if you want before christmas.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Nov 2012 23:02:42 GMT
djburty says:
sounds like a good deal - however, i'll wait for february as i prefer to buy uk versions if possible as it makes it easier for potential trade-ins and access to dlc.

i've got disgaea 3 and ragnorak odyssey for my vita rpg fix and there's blops declassified to keep me going til after christmas :)

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 12:22:48 GMT
Matt says:
There is no Persona 4 Golden DLC though. What you see is what you get.

Posted on 13 Nov 2012 12:59:47 GMT
djburty says:
i've had imports before - for instance ragnorak odyssey - and they usually are fine - but i try and buy in the uk to also support companies localising games to the uk. i'd prefer for companies to try and localise jrpgs to the eu at the same time as the rest of the world and that will only happen if there is a perceived market here.

In reply to an earlier post on 13 Nov 2012 22:07:09 GMT
Matt says:
To be fair, supporting the American release is more important for JRPGs, mostly because if said game sells well in America, further games in the series/samey type games will be picked up as a result, and then European companies then pick up the rights.

I'm debating importing Zero Escape on the Vita, mostly as Rising Star Games not including the dub seems half arsed to me.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 00:04:24 GMT
djburty says:
i've cancelled virtues last reward (is this zero escape?) as i also am unsure about rising star games - especially after playing the demo. i'd prefer more vita games from atlus, nis, compile heart or even a valkyria chronicles game from sega.

games released in the US don't always make it across to the uk - if everyone imports stuff from the US then the danger is that will be what the companies will expect us to do. why waste money localising to the EU if people will just import anyway?

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Nov 2012 00:32:40 GMT
Matt says:
Yeah, if anything because the game looks like its dialogue heavy, it'd feel weird playing the game with English subtitles + Japanese language in the Rising Star Games version, il'd prefer the voices in a language I understand, it makes the game more absorbing.

Anyway in most cases the translation work is already done, so we end up with the translation used in America when its released here in England. I was mostly speaking about the niche games whose sales dictate if further games will be picked up in that series.

You really should go for Persona 4 Golden, if anything because the game looks great with the HD textures, its not just a simple conversion from the PS2, Atlus have made it all HD, with a ton of extras. If you subscribe to their newsletter/read Kotaku, they've done like 30+ videos on youtube to hype the game up. It's one of the Vitas biggest releases.

Posted on 14 Nov 2012 13:42:26 GMT
Make sure you dont get Uncharted or Gravity Rush in your bundle, get a year sub to PS+ and a big memory card and your laughing. :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  12 Nov 2012
Latest post:  14 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions