Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Are Amazon making swift price increase decisions, or is it just me?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 26 Nov 2012 17:30:22 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
In the space of one of two days Tomb Raider survival and collector's edition have had a price increase of 5 each. I was about to pre-order the survival edition they had for 45, but why the sudden increase to 50? Oh I know, they want me to get it from the high street instead. I also noticed 12 months Gold Xbox Live was 30 and a few days ago it went up to 34. My renewal is on the 12th December, by the time that day comes Amazon will probably be selling it at 40, just like the dashboard...

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 17:35:52 GMT
That's why I shop around for some things since they seem to increase the prices after a sale weekend. It could just be that item has reached the end of it's sale run so the price increases automatically after that date.

Posted on 26 Nov 2012 17:37:23 GMT
You do realise you can buy your year Live at any time and input it straight away? Then it just adds it onto the end of your current deal.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 17:43:25 GMT
I buy my Live from here - http://www.cheapxboxlivecodes.com/ They send you the redemption code in a matter of minutes.

Re: Amazon prices - you might want to use http://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/ - it's a price tracker of all Amazon's products. You can ask it to email you if the price drops.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 17:46:53 GMT
Uncle DJ says:
Thank you, appreciated :-)

Posted on 26 Nov 2012 18:20:08 GMT
No probs, good luck.

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Nov 2012 21:44:27 GMT
If you pre-order you get it at the cheapest price from time of adding to time of checkout i.e. shipping. So if you'd added it to your basket at 45 and it dropped to 35 in between, you'd pay 35 - if instead it went up to 50 then you'd pay the 45 you'd added it at.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  26 Nov 2012
Latest post:  26 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions