Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Farcry 4 announced for PS360 / PS4 / XB1 / PC.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 May 2014 17:17:30 BDT
Ness says:
Posted this in the E3 thread but thought it deserved it's own thread...

Today, Ubisoft announced Far Cry® 4, an open-world, first-person shooter that delivers the most expansive and immersive Far Cry experience ever. Far Cry® 4 will be available November 21 in the UK for PlayStation 4® computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC.

Development on Far Cry® 4 is being led by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Ubisoft's Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai, and Ubisoft Kiev.

In Far Cry® 4, players find themselves in Kyrat, a breathtaking, perilous and wild region of the Himalayas struggling under the regime of a despotic self-appointed king. Using a vast array of weapons, vehicles, and animals, players will write their own story across an exotic open-world landscape.

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," said Dan Hay, Executive Producer. "Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry® 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months."

Customers who pre-order Far Cry® 4 will receive the Limited Edition which includes Hurk's Redemption, a series of three action-packed single-player missions featuring the popular character Hurk from Far Cry 3's DLC. The Limited Edition also includes Hurk's signature harpoon gun called "The Impaler". The pre-order is now available at all major retailers.

Fans can tune into Ubisoft's Media Briefing at E3 for an exclusive first look at Far Cry® 4.

Posted on 15 May 2014 18:12:06 BDT
Excellent! Good setting. I'm sure the sp will be cracking. I just hope they kept the co-op aspect too as I thought was pretty good.

Posted on 15 May 2014 18:21:36 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2014 18:22:38 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Why is there a camp version of John Terry on the front of the box ?

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2014 18:29:29 BDT
To entice you. Seems it may have worked ;-).

In reply to an earlier post on 15 May 2014 18:32:38 BDT
Last edited by the author on 15 May 2014 18:50:11 BDT
Ness says:
Haha, I never noticed that ! Cracking suit though.

Posted on 15 May 2014 18:34:09 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I wonder if he's going to get stick about it lol.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 09:04:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2014 09:04:47 BDT
"collaboration with Ubisoft's Red Storm Entertainment"

Those French nobs should be cracking on with Rainbow Six: Patriots rather than another far Cry game so bloody soon !

btw why does the box art look like a Saints Row game ! #worrying

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 09:11:59 BDT
RAB says:
"btw why does the box art look like a Saints Row game ! #worrying"

That was my first thought.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 09:30:53 BDT
"btw why does the box art look like a Saints Row game ! #worrying "

Is it the purple coloured suit?

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 09:54:32 BDT
Yeah and the cheesy camp look !

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 09:57:59 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I can't get past him looking like John Terry, makes it hard to take the game seriously.

I'm pretty sure I've played the first one on the 360, you turn into a mutant or something towards the end ? But I just looked on the shelf now and 2 and 3 are still in the wrappers.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 10:09:14 BDT
"I'm pretty sure I've played the first one on the 360"

That was FarCry Instincts Predator, that was a kind of spin off made by Ubi after they bought FarCry from Crytek, they took an amazing PC game and turned it into an awful console game, but FC2 and 3 are brilliant

Posted on 16 May 2014 10:11:16 BDT
Far Cry 2 and 3 are superb. Looking forward to 4 and I doubt we'll see an over abundance of the colour purple and giant dildos.

Posted on 16 May 2014 10:48:48 BDT
Haha, I just came across this version of the box art, I like this one better.

http://kotaku.com/someone-fixed-the-far-cry-4-box-art-1576979251

Posted on 16 May 2014 11:49:37 BDT
kinjoking says:
sounds like the Ubi cash cow has struck again! Farcry 7 slated for 2015 release...

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 11:53:21 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2014 11:53:30 BDT
FarCry
FarCry Instincts
FarCry Instincts Predator
FarCry 2
FarCry 3
FarCry 3 Blood Dragon
FarCry 4

Thats already 7 games, are you implying that FarCry 4 is due for release in 2015?

Posted on 16 May 2014 11:57:51 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I noticed our box art is different to the US. In the US version he's got his hand on a native who is on his knees holding a grenade. In ours,he just looks really smug.

Big thread on GAF about how it's rascist.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 12:02:01 BDT
I've only seen the one with the "native" And to me the guy in the purple suit looked "native" to me.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 12:15:13 BDT
kinjoking says:
no will im saying that the Ubi AC cash cow is now getting into Far cry, so expect an influx of FC games every year like AC does.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 12:21:13 BDT
I dont think 2 years between games is too bad, I understand what you're implying but I'm not too worried right now, theres only been 1/2 proper sequels, Instincts (which was re-released as Instincts Predator) but that was the first game by Ubisoft as FarCry 1 was Crytek, the other games have just carried the FarCry name, the stories etc have been completely unconnected and they've all been very different, leaving them open to flesh out more, so if they can keep them fresh for FC4 and FC5 I'm not concerned. AC has almost lost all my interest, I loved 1&2 but when they started releasing the same game under a different name each year, I lost interest.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2014 12:43:02 BDT
kinjoking says:
i can just see it happening with FC, since they made 3 with a good engine and a solid programme code behind it, it wouldnt take too much time to do a new game every year plus a spin off every year, just like AC which just uses the same basis for all its games.

then theres COD. people could end up getting as fed up with FC as a lot of people do with AC and COD. even though it will sell to the masses.

Posted on 16 May 2014 12:52:06 BDT
[Deleted by Amazon on 16 May 2014 13:05:06 BDT]

Posted on 16 May 2014 12:54:59 BDT
kinjoking says:
so my hypothesis is correct :P

Posted on 16 May 2014 12:55:03 BDT
J. Morgan says:
WatchDogs has a lot of potential for franchising. Just looking at the pre-orders, they are probably already working on part 2. By 2018 WatchDogs will be upto part 3 more than likely.

Posted on 16 May 2014 13:12:01 BDT
The thing with Far Cry (at the moment, at least) is that they have huge maps and quite lengthy single-player campaigns. That makes it very difficult for one team to churn out yearly 'upgrades' like they can with AC

I'm not a fan of the box art, but I'll wait until I've played the game proper to pass judgement. There are things it needs to do and not do for me though :

1) massive map again, as big or bigger than FC3's
2) Wildlife are as significant in the last game (really sets the franchise apart IMO)
3) get rid of the tacked-on co-op and multiplayer
4) DLC as good as Blood Dragon
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  15 May 2014
Latest post:  16 May 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions