Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Wii U 18 months of hurt

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 4 Jun 2014 09:25:38 BDT
Well it's been about 18 months of disappointment since the release of the Wii U and to be honest Ever since I bought it I have had regrets.

But all of a sudden It feels as if it's slowly turned into a viable platform.
Surprisingly it now has a pretty good(albeit small) catalogue of decent games. I obviously bought Mario Kart last week which I love but off the back of that I picked up Monster Hunter Ultimate for free with the MK8 deal. Pair that with DK, wonderful 101 and 3d world, I can safely say I have played my wii u far more than any other console in the last 6 months.

Now looking towards E3 I am genuinely excited. Smash bros, bayonetta and a new zelda. I just wondered if it's me or does it feel like the 3ds when it was first released? Is everyone else feeling optimistic about the wii u?

Edit: I can't believe I missed tha game that I'm most looking forward to "X".

Posted on 4 Jun 2014 11:46:36 BDT
J. E. Cross says:
I like my Wii U, but then I bought at xmas, so knew what I was letting myself in for.

MK8 sales will have been pushed by the offer though, I wouldn't have been a day 1 purchase, but hadn't got round to getting wind waker yet so it was a no brainer. If Nintendo keep doing deals like that I'll be a very happy customer.

Posted on 4 Jun 2014 13:57:26 BDT
I bought one in November with Mario 3D World.

I've always had something to play on it since then, but that's because I waited for a few decent titles to be released before buying, eh?

I would have hated it at launch.

Posted on 4 Jun 2014 14:00:20 BDT
NessFox says:
WiiU is a nice companion console to PS4 or XB1. Most people want more than 3 great games per year though.

Posted on 4 Jun 2014 14:19:05 BDT
J. E. Cross says:
Nintendo's turned into the makers of the most grown up console. I don't have time to play too many games now so prefer quality over quantity, I also play the majority of games off tv as I have a wife who doesn't want to watch me play. Wii U's working v well for that.

Posted on 4 Jun 2014 16:08:47 BDT
I only bought mine a month ago, already have a huge backlog its a cool machine more people should try it.

In reply to an earlier post on 4 Jun 2014 18:17:49 BDT
Paul C77 says:
I thought exactly the same too. The 3DS is making money but it did have a bad start just like the Wii U. I think with the best library on new gen, Wii U is the better option and as a Playstation/Nintendo fan, I may have to get the Wii U very soon, I want it.

Posted on 5 Jun 2014 08:53:11 BDT
I would never suggest that the wii u could work as a standalone console but definitely as a companion to a ps4 for instance. I would love to see a dark souls port to wii u(I know it won't happen but I can dream). But I think if nintendo can get a few more niche games out it will start selling allot better.
Monoliths "x" I think is the kind of game I mean. Apparently it's still on for this year but I don't believe it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  4 Jun 2014
Latest post:  5 Jun 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions