Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

BFBC3 and Mirrors Edge 2 to be unvield at E3?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 16 May 2012 12:48:47 BDT
... says:
Just read on another site that a CV has turned up from a former EA employee who has stated he worked on BFBC3 and Mirrors Edge 2. EA have not announced either of these games as of yet so if this turns out to be true I'd expect to see some footage after E3. I'm pretty excited for both of these!

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:50:52 BDT
Not at all interested in yet another military shooter, but definitely want a sequel to Mirror's Edge as it is one of my favourite games in this gen.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:52:15 BDT
Ohhh, I can't wait for BFBC3. I was kinda guessing that it would be released next year since MOH is out this year.
I imagine they will use the same frostbite 2 engine but just add to it, hopefully they will add lots more bushes for me to hide in for MP.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:53:39 BDT
MF says:
never played mirrors edge --- hangs head in shame !

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 12:54:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 12:54:49 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
Was annoyed that BFBC 3 wasn't out this Winter as it was due instead of another MoH, loved the SP and MP of BFBC 2.

Was going to make the thread myself earlier but didn't want Tel saying 'this is rumour, whats your sources, don't tell me you read it on neogaf' lol ;).

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/347876/mirrors-edge-2-battlefield-bad-company-3-appear-on-cvs/

"The latest round of LinkedIn-sourced leaks have suggested EA's DICE studio is working on Battlefield: Bad Company 3 and Mirror's Edge 2 (huzzah!).

A profile belonging to a programmer states he has contributed toward the prototyping, design and demo feedback "on various AAA titles including the Battlefield: Bad Company 3, Dead Space 2, Devil May Cry 5 and other unannounced titles."

An ex-EA Software Engineer has also mentioned working on implementing "the wandering of crowd system within Unreal3 engine" in Mirror's Edge 2 between July and August 2009, while a second ex-employee claims to have created "new gadgets and interactive features" into Mirror's Edge 2, with "leaderboards" and a "mini-game embedded into mirror's edge game story" highlighted.

Earlier today the CV of a Volition Inc. employee outed Saints Row 4 for current-gen platforms.

Although neither EA nor DICE have expressly confirmed Mirror's Edge 2, both have made multiple allusions to the highly-requested sequel. Last year EA Games Label boss Frank Gibeau said ideas for the sequel were being worked on and he was sure we'll see the IP combined with the Frostbite 2 engine DICE created for Battlefield 3.

EA's senior vice president Patrick Soderlund later confirmed the company was at work on a new Mirror's Edge project, but didn't divulge any further details. DICE's studio producer Patrick Liu followed up by saying 'people are ready' for Mirror's Edge 2.

We think we can speak for the people on this occasion and say "YES! We are ready!". We've got our fingers crossed for a reveal at E3 next month."

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:54:19 BDT
Although I cannot wait for BFBC3 I cannot see it hitting our consoles until spring or more likely autumn 2013. It'd be nice to see some footage though - of the MP:-) Although I did really enjoy the SP of BFBC2.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:55:45 BDT
Trigger says:
BFBC3 will probably be EA's late 2013 military shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if Medal of Honor shows up every couple of years, but they rotate between Battlefield proper and Bad Company in the intervening years.

I couldn't really care less about any more modern-day military shooters, but Mirror's Edge 2 on the other hand would be awesome. I just hope they keep it first-person and don't try to chase after Assassin's Creed. I also still think some kind of Cops vs. Runners competitive MP would work pretty well.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:56:24 BDT
... says:
I don't have a bad word to say about BFBC2 SP or MP. I think it might be April 1213 for it's release as that was the month for BFBC2 if memory servers me right. I shall be booking a day off work for it anyway thats for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 12:58:05 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
"BFBC3 will probably be EA's late 2013 military shooter. I wouldn't be surprised if Medal of Honor shows up every couple of years, but they rotate between Battlefield proper and Bad Company in the intervening years."

EA already said BF, BFBC and MoH would rotate yearly to keep the series fresh and then went back on it by planning to release another MoH when they should have released BFBC 3 :(.

Posted on 16 May 2012 12:58:29 BDT
BFBC2 was launched in March 2010. I'd like to think BFBC3 would be a spring release too but I think EA want to target the COD release more and more. So my betting would be BFBC3 autumn release 2013.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 12:59:28 BDT
"never played mirrors edge --- hangs head in shame !"

Mirror's Edge didn't sell particularly well (about 2 million in total according to VGChartz) and the vocal minority moaned about the shooting mechanics which completely missed the point of the game. It's short, but the speed runs and time trials are tough. Would welcome a sequel as long as they didn't incorporate a naff run and gun mp mode (although mp parkour races may be interesting).

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:02:22 BDT
MF says:
how long is the first mirrors edge ?

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:04:00 BDT
Much more excited for BCBF3 than MoH or BF4. Thought the game had much more charm than the other two combined. Need to work on the SP though - loved BFBC1's but the sequel's was dull and made no sense as an ongoing storyline

Mirror's Edge joins Borderlands as my game of this generation so super-hyped for ME2. Hope they haven't changed it too much or stuck it on a handheld

Not expecting either will show at E3 though. Got a feeling ME2 isnt far enough along in development (it has a tiny team working on it last I heard) and it makes no sense to show off BFBC3 when you've got MoH coming out not long after

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 13:04:08 BDT
Campaign is about 4-6 hours at most split into 9 levels. Obviously, when you get the hang of it, it's possible to finish the game a lot quicker than that.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:05:18 BDT
Trigger says:
Well, considering BF3 has only had, what, one of four expansion packs released so far (?), with the final one planned for next year, I don't think they would undermine its market position by announcing BF4 as a follow-up next Autumn. I think it makes perfect sense to only release a proper BF sequel every 3-4 years, and let BFBC and MoH take up the slack in between. And given the importance of the pre-Christmas release window for publishers' big games, I think EA will want all of these games ready to combat COD releases in the October/November period.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:06:26 BDT
I hated mirrors edge, i thought it was one of the worst games i have ever played i just did not get the hype and fanbase for it.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 13:07:17 BDT
Ness 1886 says:
BF 3 has 3 DLC packs planned Tel, the last out before MoH 2.

I wouldn't expect BFBC 3 until Oct 2013 and it could well be a PS4 / 720 launch title altho im sure it will still be released for PS360/NuWii.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:07:19 BDT
You ever max Mirror's Edge's cheevos, Rich?

Wondering if I can add ME to my 'superior to Rich' list. Obviously, L4D2 will keep it company lol ;)

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:08:41 BDT
Battlefield and Bad Company do feel pretty much the same now TBH, at least in MP. Besides Frostbite engines and the more urban setting of BF3 of course. Not sure how they can really differentiate BC and BF MP in the future? For BFBC SP I just want more comical squad banter and a story involving gold bars:-)

I keep on meaning to play BFBC1 MP again - just for a nostalgia trip.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 13:10:17 BDT
Paul, one thing you'll never be is superior to me at any L4D game! You're my L4D B*t(h ;)

RE: ME, no I never did as EA's servers have reset my stats on 3 separate occasions. It's something I've always intended to go back to and it's a game I'll never get rid of.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:12:39 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 13:15:30 BDT
... says:
"Battlefield and Bad Company do feel pretty much the same now TBH"

I feel a diffrence. I think BFBC is much more fun than BF3, It's all about the overpowered knives, running around being Rambo and T-bagging your friends.

My KDR on BF3 is way better than it was on BFBC2 but BF3 frustrates me more. BFBC games don't take themselves too seriously and to me that's the big diffrence.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:17:13 BDT
I got the platinum for it on PS3, but did it mostly offline - too many times I was perfecting an 11-minute speedrun for PSN or the EA servers to die which kicks you back to the menu

Those speedruns really showed off the level design - youtube vids showing subtle or inobvious shortcuts that cut loads of time off your run-time, and you'd totally missed them in the SP

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:19:00 BDT
Last edited by the author on 16 May 2012 13:19:39 BDT
"It's all about the overpowered knives, running around being Rambo and dipping your virtual balls in your friends dead mouths. "

I do that in both BC and BF - well I try to.

I suppose BF has a more channelled confrontation to it - but does that just come at the expense of urban maps with lots of buildings/walls creating choke points. Whereas BC is has more open maps. I see the difference in SP between the two games. Whereas the MP the differences are pretty subtle to me - I suppose you could say the weapons, attachments etc are more diverse in BF creating more variations, realism and balancing choices. Still a minor difference to me though.

In reply to an earlier post on 16 May 2012 13:23:00 BDT
It really is an exhilirating game when you're in tune with Faith's movement. Also, playing on the hardest setting with the glowing red path getting in the way makes it a much more immersive experience. Definitely a breath of fresh air in gaming terms that sadly didn't appeal to people who want FPS 467 instead.

Posted on 16 May 2012 13:30:47 BDT
I would love to see BFBC3, enjoyed the SP and MP of BFBC2 far more than BF3.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  16
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  16 May 2012
Latest post:  18 May 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions