Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Origin Hacked.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 15 Nov 2012 21:13:47 GMT
Runeweaver says:
If you have an Origin/Ea account best to change your login details asap,as they were just hacked and alot of details have been stolen.

http://www.geek.com/articles/news/origin-accounts-hacked-login-information-changed-20121114/

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 21:21:14 GMT
Matt says:
Horrible news for those affected. But really EA needs to stop using Origin with their games, they need to just bite the bullet and partner with Valve and use steam if they need something.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 21:28:06 GMT
Steve says:
Oh sweet jebus hackett will be all over this.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 21:39:04 GMT
This happened to me today, received an email saying "Your Origin password has been successfully updated." which I didn't do.
Couldn't then log in so had to set up a dummy Origin account to get the EA support number or live chat.

After being on hold for 45 minutes finally spoke to someone, I told him my Battlefield 3 key and some security stuff and bingo the account was back.
When I logged in with the new password the evil person who stole it was still visible within origin. He is called "MarshalBroski" and had 1 friend called "Muunster"

Glad I've got it back, but EA need to sort out their security. ASAP.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 21:39:43 GMT
Hackerdude says:
I reckon it was Hackett on his single minded mission to rid the world of Origin and Steam.

In reply to an earlier post on 15 Nov 2012 22:10:50 GMT
After doing some digging, I found out through Battlelog that the tool who had my account was a 15 year old Russian.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 22:34:27 GMT
Balli says:
I seriously don't believe that, considering Origin was forced on me and worse than that my details were the same as PSN because IT DOES IT AUTOMATICALLY!!!

IF ANYONE THINKS "I HAVEN'T REGISTERED" JUST CHECK!

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 23:27:10 GMT
Dela says:
Origin is the anti-Christ...

Never play an EA game ever again...

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 23:28:37 GMT
It's not ideal, but hey, I love BF3 so I don't mind installing it to play. Annoying, but at least it has a friends list thing so I don't have to install xfire to keep track of everyone.

Posted on 15 Nov 2012 23:42:12 GMT
Balli says:
All I did was download the FIFA demo and it made me sign in, and suddenly I'm getting emails from Origin. I've changed it now, so it's ok ;)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa6675f54)

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  15 Nov 2012
Latest post:  15 Nov 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions