Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Trading in games on Amazon

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 27 Sep 2012 22:28:11 BDT
PSN: decky87 says:
I recently sent in 2 games separately and got credit in my account for them which was brilliant. I have about 10 games i could trade in but getting the packaging for each game is the problem. I have been using cardboard boxes and was wondering could i send about 5 games in the one box to save hassle and for Amazon, postage costs?

Posted on 27 Sep 2012 22:44:20 BDT
Yes, you can send all of them together.

Posted on 27 Sep 2012 23:06:46 BDT
Anything in particular you need to do? I can put all the printed labels inside the box for each game and their address label on outside of box

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 00:08:48 BDT
When you print off the postage label you will get another sheet with the prices of the games which you put in the box you dont need them all seperately, put all in one box and put the postage label on the box and take it to the post office and wait for your cash to be put in your account. (remember to put the part of the print out with the prices in the box ok)

Hope this explains it for you.

Posted on 28 Sep 2012 08:08:54 BDT
thats great, thanks

Posted on 30 Sep 2012 13:35:40 BDT
Heisenberg says:
They offered me £5.50 for a dualshock 3 yet are paying £12.55 for a sixaxis!!???? Answers on a postcard please???

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 11:38:31 BDT
Trigger says:
I see they are currently offering a mighty £7 for PS3 copies of Borderlands 2. Thanks all the same Zon, but I'll stop at CEX on the way home and take £28 cash instead.

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 11:57:53 BDT
I've said it in other threads so I'll say it in this one.

Don't trade in your games with Amazon...sell them here instead.

Take Triggers point about Borderlands 2 for PS3 for example...you could sell that for 31.99 on here!!! Take off the cut that Amazon take...no where near the amount you lose when trading and you're laughing.

Sell 10 game separately all well within a week I bet. Seal them in jiffy bags and post away. Job done, money in your account shortly afterwards....loads of it!

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 12:20:19 BDT
Last edited by the author on 11 Oct 2012 12:23:04 BDT
Also ebay is a good source of making money from old games. Most of the time you will beat trade-in prices! - Especially if your willing to ship worldwide.

Posted on 11 Oct 2012 20:52:45 BDT
Where is the best place to sell xbox console? Thinking of just sticking to PS3 from now on. Play mostly multi platform games and prefer the PS3 exclusives anyway so wanna clear a bit of room

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Oct 2012 08:53:18 BDT
Last edited by the author on 12 Oct 2012 08:54:15 BDT
Provided the item I'm trying to sell is listed on Amazons listings, I'll always try to sell here first.

The reason I do this is because:

1) I don't have to provide a product description/photos of any kind.
2) I won't have my time wasted listing products and dealing with people only out to scam you.
3) Amazon is a good middle man, I have sold near on 40 items and I have never had a problem.
4) I can set my price based on what other market place sellers are selling for and adjust accordingly, any time until the product sells.

If you prefer of course you could try ebay or gumtree. Personally, I've only tried Ebay and Amazon and I can say that ebay was the most time consuming method. It worked in most cases but I did find I spent a lot of time answering questions about products I was listing...something you will certainly be doing if you are selling a console.

Posted on 12 Oct 2012 09:14:13 BDT
I sold my Xbox last year on Play.com... it was one of the old-style arcade consoles. I sold it to someone that was looking for a replacement to his console that had just had the RROD (and I got a lot of questions about mine - exchanged about 5-6 emails before he finally decided to buy it). I ended up selling it for £100, and because I kept the money on my Play account rather than transferring it to my bank account, I only had to pay about £3 in fees. Only thing with Play.com is that you can't charge for P&P so I had to account for that in the price I sold it for. But people were selling the console for much less on here at the time (think the lowest price was about £75) so was still better off selling it on Play.

Posted on 29 Jan 2014 18:02:49 GMT
Crixus says:
Just wanted to praise Amazon a bit, I sent in SotC on ps2 and said it was in good condition expecting £12.70, sent it on Monday and today had £16.90 in my account, they said upon inspection the game was like new, Bingo!

Posted on 30 Jan 2014 09:26:21 GMT
kinjoking says:
cooll, but companies give rubbish rates for sending in collectors editions, even ones still in the packaging, and companies are like everything is standardised, if you have a game called this, then its worth this, CE or no CE, so better off me selling stuff on ebay which is what i do now.

shame you dont always get good rates for stuff thats in good condition or special in some way :(

im annoyed at Play that they became a private seller company only, i much preferred when they got their own stock in and sold it. i find the play stuff a rip-off now since its all private..
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  27 Sep 2012
Latest post:  30 Jan 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions