Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

EA thinking 'outside the box' again.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Feb 2014 14:02:29 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Feb 2014 14:05:43 GMT
AstroMonkey says:
This actually made me laugh.

Dungeon Keeper a game by EA mobile which scored a 0/10 on the metro newspapers games review section has an average rating of a 4 out of 5 on Google Play. So how does this happen you ask? How can a game that reviewed so badly be received so positively? The answer is surprisingly simple: You can either vote the game 5 out of 5 or you can hit the only other option that simply says 1 to 4 stars. If you click the five-star option you're immediately taken to the game's Google Play Store product page to rate it. But if you click the one to four options all you do is get invited to send EA support an email.

It's worth downloading just so you can send them an e-mail to call them names.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 14:06:09 GMT
ha ha ... thats actually very impressive

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 14:17:35 GMT
Last edited by the author on 7 Feb 2014 14:23:07 GMT
Very sneaky. Good to see EA putting all those skill points into the deception skill tree :p

I'd like to send them an e-mail asking why they ruined such a classic franchise but we all know why they did it, and it makes me a sad panda :(

EDIT: On a positive note: It's good to see that the spiritual successor for Dungeon keeper (War for the Overworld) is getting a fair amount of publicity thanks to the release of the shoddy mobile cash in.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 14:32:45 GMT
I'm sure it's just so they can receive constructive criticism. No ulterior motives at all.....

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2014 14:42:47 GMT
noblood says:
Lol. You made me read the 0/10 Metro review - I don't think they liked it!

These kind of games are dreamt up by corporate execs that want to extract in-game purchase money out of kids at whatever cost.

Reminds me of Simpsons Tapped Out - another EA game coincidentally.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 14:55:50 GMT
Isn't Simpsons Tapped out meant to be good? - I downloaded it, but couldn't see what I was meant to do straight they way and never turned t back on lol

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2014 15:03:14 GMT
noblood says:
Yep, in fairness, the game is good but the in-app purchases are silly money.

You can easily spend £70 on donuts for some characters and buildings, and the game rarely allows you to earn donuts.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 15:40:45 GMT
kinjoking says:
compare that to £65 for a box of in-game treasue for Six-Guns, that only gives you ammunition, in game credits and some other bobletts. absolutely immoral!

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 16:02:13 GMT
Bunny says:
I tried tapped out being a simpsons fan, it very soon became deleted out........

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 16:36:48 GMT
djburty says:
i would love for them to remake dungeon keeper properly and perhaps have it as a PSN/XBLA download - or, even better, a vita game. this poor effort is scandalous.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Feb 2014 16:41:21 GMT
@ Djburty: Check out War for the overworld if you want more classic dungeon keeper.

https://wftogame.com/

It's steam early access so it's PC only I'm afraid but it looks really good and will prob be the best and closest thing to dungeon keeper for a while.

Posted on 7 Feb 2014 19:25:44 GMT
djburty says:
It does look good, but my days of pc gaming are behind me so i'll have to see if it makes the jump to the consoles.

Posted on 8 Feb 2014 00:43:59 GMT
Last edited by the author on 8 Feb 2014 00:44:49 GMT
http://www.gog.com/game/dungeon_keeper

Bargain, and the gameplay still holds up today.

Posted on 10 Feb 2014 21:38:33 GMT
G. Hanks says:
When the madness gets too much there's always Sterling:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8773-Free-To-Wait
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  7 Feb 2014
Latest post:  10 Feb 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions