Shop now Shop now Shop now Wedding Guest Edit Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 80 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 21 Aug 2014 10:02:55 BDT
More of a statement than a question, I picked up the new XBO version of this last night and though im only about an hour in so far, I can see this seriously eating into what little social life I have, very good game, loving it so far. (I never played this on other systems, or Diablo 1 or 2)

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 10:12:24 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Looks like you never played the last gen version. But for those that did, the game has undergone some major changes in spawns,locations and quests being added as well as a reworking of the basic game structure. Importing is so/so , things that drop in the new game seem a whole lot more powerful (the basic stuff not the 70+ new stuff).

Even though it says comes with Diablo 3, the Diablo 3 that is comes with is pretty different than the previous one. Iv'e had a couple of close calls because of revamed champion abilities and changes to boss fights.

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 10:29:08 BDT
Diablo has set a benchmark (IMO) for dungeon crawlers.

Diablo 2 + Lords of Destruction is my favourite of the series.

I bought Diablo 3 for PC and PS3 and the PC version was utter balls. The loot drops were random and the legendry's were poor/non-existent.

Played more of it on PS3 as it was perfectly optimised and had all the updates that it should of had on the PC version. Loots were plentiful and set to the class you were playing.

I bought the Expansion for PC and have been playing it a lot recently, but am tempted to get it on PS4, just because. I dunno..

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 10:52:57 BDT
Hey Guys,

I played Diablo 3 on PS3 to death and loved every minute bar the grinding at the end for the 5 Million Gold trophy.
Was thinking of picking it up on Xbox One but wanted to know if there was much variation in comparison to the original version that would warrant the cost.
I read a review on Eurogamer last night (thin it was EG) and it basically said that the core game has not differed that much from the original so may not be worth the price for people that already own the game.

For those that played on lastgen and now have it on the current gen, was it worth the £44 price tag?
Is there a lot more content?
Cheers.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2014 10:57:12 BDT
PC wise (albeit is cheaper) yes.

PS3/PS4/Next Gen wise? I am debating myself whether to get it or not, knowing i will play it to death, but justifying it on 2 for the same thing.. hmmmmpppphhhhh

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 10:57:37 BDT
I'm thinking of getting this as my go-to game for just messing about on once in a while - it's edged ahead of Destiny in that role due to a better SP focus and local co-op. Will probably get it once TLoU Remastered is out of the way

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2014 11:09:33 BDT
Would like to get the new version but its €69 here on XB1 and only €34 on PS3 - thus why I was asking about nextgen..
Think I will wait and see as I have RYSE to keep me busy for now anyway !

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 11:11:15 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I found the core game quite different. Not like it the plot has been rewritten or anything, but new stuff has been added and encounters have been upgraded. The basic layouts been changed too, I'm level 40 in the second act , no more nightmare,inferno or hell. Playing the Crusader makes for different game too. If you happened to have any Paragon levels from before, you can spend those in various ways without needing to go into the expansion.

Loot in general seems to have had a major upgrade some stuff in the stash (like sets) have been upgraded, but a lot of old legendaries are not so good. Magic find also seems to be more difficult to aquire.

In reply to an earlier post on 21 Aug 2014 11:49:28 BDT
I've sold my PS3 ya see, so I have PC & PS4.

Cheapest over here is £43. That's a lot for a Next Gen Previous Gen Already Got game.. :(

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 12:29:24 BDT
Otaku Guy says:
Im pretty sure you can transfer your save from last to current gen so if you wanted you could wait till the price dropped.

Reaper of souls hasnt added as much as Lord of destruction did to D2, but it does give a new act, class, higher level cap and a few new skills for existing classes. I wouldnt pay for the ps4 version as its a hefty bump in price for a few prettier pictures.

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 12:30:09 BDT
N. Sanderson says:
Really enjoying it on the PS3. Sold my original D3 game a few months back after it was announced that the expansion would be coming out on last gen as well as next gen consoles. I think I probably paid about £12 nett to have the upgraded version.

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 12:45:54 BDT
@Jamie - I agree - if the price had off been along the lines of TLOU, would have picked up straight away.

@Okatu - There is..you can transfer your save between last gen and current gen and even from PS3 to Xbox One.

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 14:47:21 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Transfering was really easy, but aside from not having to level up the crafters and having a ton of money (which does not count to any trophy) turned out to be fairly pointless. You level up really fast since the third difficulty is quite doable in act 1 from off. Even on second with the 75% bonus I'm level 42 having just entered the scorched lands and I've got better gear than some of my much higher level characters. Sets have had a boost though, the Xbow set went from around 900dps in on the PS3 to around 1400 after import. Non set items though seem to roll much better in the PS4 version than they did.

Because you don't have to do that normal-nightmare-hell-inferno thing anymore, maxing out should be quite easy. You can even fiddle with the difficulty for easy xp boosts in easy areas (like chapter 1 and 3) and scale it back for others.

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 17:34:49 BDT
Otaku Guy says:
Well,I decided to start another character for a change of pace from my wizard. Turns out I have a level 47 Barb and a hardcore lvl 30 wizard lol..

So Ive played through the story again for challenges, exp and trophies and have just defeated diablo in hardcore. He even dropped me puzzle ring ^.^

Posted on 21 Aug 2014 19:45:00 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I had a go with my demon hunter on torment and shredded everything. Can't sustain strafe like before though :(

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 01:54:32 BDT
Well gave in to temptation and picked up Diablo 3 on xbox one.
Downloading now..hopefully give it a bash tomorrow evening.

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 04:48:32 BDT
Dukeshire says:
Honestly, it is worth it if you enjoy the game. I had it on PS3 and the difference is night and day. The new Crusader class is pretty sweet. I will say that I didn't get very far on it for PS3, and I got it cheap, so it wasn't a total waste getting it again.

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 09:39:40 BDT
J. Morgan says:
A lot of skills and stuff have been changed I went through my roster and there were a lot of deleted skills and a many runes which were different from the PS3 version. Messed up a lot of builds :( Leveling up is pretty easy so I might run a few characters through over the weekend and see how it varies. The Demon Hunter seems to have gotten a serious power boost I was hitting for millions where as before I could just about handle moster level 3.

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 10:44:10 BDT
Diablo 3 downloaded overnight and I installed this am.
Linked my Xbox One to newly created Blizzard account.
Now just need to link my PS3 PSN account to same Blizzard account and transfer my save file.
Have 2 lvl 60s (Barb and Demon Hunter).
Just a small question - when you import your save, do you bring across everything (loot, Gold, upgraded armour, etc )?
Also, what effect does transferring a file with all trophies achieved have on new Achievements list on Xbox (PS3 --> Xbox One) ?
Cheers

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 11:54:28 BDT
J. Morgan says:
Everything came across on the PS3 to PS4. But with a lot of skills or runes missing (anything changed just comes up as a padlock on the skill sheet. Gold and crafters are about the only useful thing though, the quality of the drops are a good deal better now. There are new gems and they drop like candy in act 1 of torment.

My Barbarian took a serious downgrade, but the Demon Hunter came out a lot stronger albeit no longer able to do almost infinate strafe anymore :( Good luck.

Posted on 22 Aug 2014 14:38:13 BDT
Diablo 3 Ultimate Edition PS4 - has been purchased via the Tesco Direct website.

£5 discount on some orders over £30
I had £4 as a voucher from my PS4+Killzone Bundle purchase.

£39 :)

Posted on 23 Aug 2014 00:54:38 BDT
Took about two weeks to finish Diablo 3 on my Macbook.
Cant see any reason to pick this up on PS4.
I just dont think replay value is that high on this one.
Same environs and story even with a new character

Posted on 23 Aug 2014 01:50:09 BDT
Bunny says:
Lol

Posted on 23 Aug 2014 16:56:13 BDT
J. Morgan says:
I've just gotten to the end of act V from start to finish on the 75% bonus difficulty I'll hit level 66/7. Not bad which means it won't take too long to get everyone upto 70 (Crusader started at 1 but my others are 60 or 40's). Playing the third level it should be pretty easy to hit 70 before reaching act V.

Posted on 24 Aug 2014 14:14:15 BDT
The Hardcore lvl 70 + getting all characters to lvl 70 means I won't be trying for the 1000G on the game. Only have 2 lvl 60s (Barb & DH) carried across.
Quite surprised you have to do all the trophies again considering you can import a file that has full 100% chevos on it already.
I had the Puzzle Ring on PS3 but gave it away to someone as didn't think I'd ever need it again and after now completing the game once with my Barb, have only hit 4 Treasure Goblins lol (Nightmare).
Still very addictive and looking forward to playing through with the Crusader...
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Gears of War 4 beta 24 5 minutes ago
Gears 4 Beta 13 6 minutes ago
Video Game Films 17 9 minutes ago
What Are You Currently Playing Part 7: A man chooses, a HAW obeys. 3338 24 minutes ago
The Official Amazon Football Thread - The Race for Sixth 402 48 minutes ago
Dark Souls III 325 1 hour ago
Destiny 5382 2 hours ago
Doom MP Looks really interesting 3 2 hours ago
NX launching in March 2017 30 2 hours ago
Tom Clancy's The Division 731 3 hours ago
Cheap Games! 4349 13 hours ago
Wednesday PS3 Gaming night 9673 15 hours ago

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  80
Initial post:  21 Aug 2014
Latest post:  10 Oct 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions