Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

Can someone teach me some combos 4+ hits with Akuma on SSF4 plz??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 29 Nov 2013 16:40:43 GMT
Last edited by the author on 29 Nov 2013 16:41:41 GMT
Some commands to follow would be great. (xbox 360)

I haven't learnt to cancel yet

Many thanks

John

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 16:42:26 GMT
Datolite says:
Crouching Light Punch, Crouching Medium Punch, Light Hurricane Kick, Heavy Dragon Punch

Far Standing Heavy Kick, Crouching Light or Medium Punch, Light Hurricane Kick, Heavy Dragon Punch

Crouching Heavy Punch, Dragon Punch, Light Hurricane Kick, Heavy Dragon Punch

Crouching Heavy Punch, Dragon Punch, Light Hurricane Kick, Light Dragon Punch, FADC, Multi-Hit Hadouken

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 16:42:45 GMT
Datolite says:
Crouching Medium Kick or Punch, Hadouken, FADC, Crouching Heavy Kick

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 16:46:17 GMT
Many thanks for this. What is FADC??

John :)

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 16:47:35 GMT
Datolite says:
Focus Attack Dash Cancel

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 16:51:49 GMT
Thankyou, how do you do that? Soz bit of a beginner

Keen to learn though

John

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 16:55:45 GMT
Datolite says:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FFtTEP3OvQ

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 17:08:00 GMT
Great, good video.

Many thanks :)

Posted on 29 Nov 2013 18:48:57 GMT
Don't worry about FADC combos until your bnb combos are solid.

Also it seems like your quite new to fighting games so I'd offer some advice I wish someone had told me the first couple of years I started in fighters, don't even bother learning any type of advanced combos until you have the basic mechanics of the game down.
Focus on spacing and footsies and your chosen characters range of normal moves, being able to do combos like Tokido or Infiltration is fantastic but if you can't apply those combos in a real fight with a human opponent , your just going to get frustrated and potentially lose interest in getting better.

I genuinely think fighting games just don't get the recognition they deserve from the general gaming populace and simply because they are damn hard and always take a lot of time to learn, but the feeling of outplaying someone on a technical level in a fighter has always been more satisfying to me than other types of games. I don't believe it's beyond anyone's ability to play fighters but for reasons I do understand a lot of people won't put in the time.

So I see someone at an early stage in their journey and hope the basic advice I mentioned helps them along, sorry about the mild rant but I've got a real passion for fighters and street fighter in particular :)

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Nov 2013 21:22:40 GMT
Many thanks for your advice. Can you explain more to me about spacing and footsies??

Thankyou

John

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2013 08:20:13 GMT
Last edited by the author on 2 Dec 2013 08:20:54 GMT
Footsies and Spacing come from experience of learning your character. It's basically the ability to hold your own space on the screen and either keep the opponent just out of range and then when you want to attack getting safely into attack range. It comes from knowing your basics and practising them over and over again

Learning a combo means nothing unless you know how to get yourself into a situation were you can actually perform the combo itself. Biggest tip is to learn the fundamentals first and focus on them. If you have good fundamentals you become a difficult player to beat because your spacing and footsies naturally get better when you know how the game works

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Dec 2013 15:27:36 GMT
Thankyou for this.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  29 Nov 2013
Latest post:  2 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions