Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

can you play wii games on wii u?/

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Dec 2013 15:14:50 GMT
JASON says:
do nintendo wii games works on wii u?

Posted on 23 Dec 2013 15:23:51 GMT
Bozz says:
I believe they do, I think all the controllers etc work with the Wii U too

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Dec 2013 15:28:39 GMT
Nessy says:
Bozz is indeed right, all Wii games and official accessories work on WiiU.

Posted on 23 Dec 2013 16:07:31 GMT
John morris says:
Beat me to it Ness.

Posted on 23 Dec 2013 16:13:01 GMT
Last edited by the author on 23 Dec 2013 16:16:15 GMT
John morris says:
To elaborate on the point a little more the Wii U is fully compatible with Wii software and accessories.

On the Wii U's menu there is a "Wii" icon which sends you to the normal Wii menu you are familiar with,I think you can even boot into directly when you power up your Wii U by pressing "B" on the gamepad.

Games on the Wii side of the console do benefit a little from the HDMI connection and are pretty crisp and clear,of course they do seem a little poor when you switch from the HD Wii U side of the console.

Posted on 23 Dec 2013 16:33:21 GMT
P. Marck says:
Yep just like Morris stated. You can play all of your Wii games on the Wii U GamePad but you'll be required to use the Wiimote (and if necessary the Nunchuk).

Don't want to use the Wiimote + Nunchuk for Wii games? You can always use the GameCube controller with this adapter: GC Controller Adapter for Wii/Wii U (you can buy this for around £10 on eBay)

Posted on 29 Dec 2013 22:10:55 GMT
Yes they so but it have just discovered for some games you need either a wii motion controller plus or one with motion control

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 09:10:17 GMT
John morris says:
"Yes they so but it have just discovered for some games you need either a wii motion controller plus or one with motion control"

The games will work exactly the way they did on the Wii Sharon,which means if they needed a Wii remote on the Wii the same will apply on the Wii U,there are quite a few Wii U bundles that come with Wii remote motion plus controllers and games too,Wii U party is a great example as you get the game and remote for only £32-35 quid depending on the colour remote you want (black/white).

Posted on 30 Dec 2013 13:14:03 GMT
P. Marck says:
I'd personally recommend to buy the official Wiimote rather than a knockoff (third party).

I once had a third party Wiimote and it was horrible, the buttons would get stuck, the d-pad didn't work properly plus it was too small and it looked awful.

Since I bought a Wii Resort Pack it came bundled with two Wiimotes, one normal (built with Plus tech) and the bigger one (not using it at the moment).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the video games discussion forum

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  23 Dec 2013
Latest post:  30 Dec 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions