Customer Discussions > video games discussion forum

13 Chinese developers working on "new IP and fan-favourite games" for the Xbox One.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Jul 2014 14:08:10 BDT
Last edited by the author on 30 Jul 2014 14:09:06 BDT
G says:
13 of China's developers to work on games for the machine, including Neverwinter Online , Celestial Sword and Project X from Perfect World, plus unannounced titles from Gamebar and Yingpei Games.

Full article

http://www.totalxbox.com/79860/xbox-one-will-launch-in-china-with-two-free-games-free-xbox-gold-till-march-2015/

Posted on 30 Jul 2014 15:06:25 BDT
G says:
Microsoft and BesTV plan to establish two Chinese developer "innovation centres", one located in Shanghai. These "will be dedicated spaces driving local innovation initiatives in game and app development supporting entertainment content, original design and research and development in China.

Should be interesting to see how this venture progresses and how much original content this produces for more western markets.

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 08:38:21 BDT
G says:
Unlike in the West, where FPS and action games tend to clean up when it comes to sales, China's gaming masses have different preferences. Real-time strategy games, Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing and Multiplayer Online Battle Arena games are more popular so this endeavour could increase these game types on consoles as well as other wacky and weird titles which eastern countries are renowned for.

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 12:08:19 BDT
[Deleted by the author on 31 Jul 2014 12:08:25 BDT]

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 12:35:39 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 31 Jul 2014 13:00:10 BDT
G says:
Each to their own ; )

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 13:35:43 BDT
Ness says:
How do we think the XB1 will do in China ?, it's extremely expensive (around $600) but the market is so large even if it's a moderate success it could lead to massive sales.

Very smart of MS to get into China first. I personally think Nintendo are stupid not to release the original Wii there now.

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 14:00:49 BDT
Hackerdude says:
I imagine it'l do amazing! If not so good it'l pull the sales back inline with the PS4. The market in China is huge and although many live in poverty the wealth margin is much higher than it ever has been. There is already a massive black market for games consoles which have been banned there for years so atleast this way the commercial sector will get a boost.

The main issue with China is the copyright laws and how that affects game pirating/sales.

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 16:37:19 BDT
Isn't the other thing about censorship. I'm sure MS will do very well out of it. But I'm not on the board of MS and I don't have shares in MS so I don't give a crap. I'll be more interested in what IPs get into the country (and in what condition censorship wise) and what IPs get out. At the moment it feels like a whole separate gaming world that I know nothing about. I have no idea what games they like, what style of games they make, what they do that's different etc. 'If' they develop IPs that get released outside of China I'll be interested to play them.

Like Nessy I'm amazed Nintendo haven't tapped into the Chinese market, though historically/politically the two countries haven't had the best relationships.

Posted on 31 Jul 2014 16:48:39 BDT
Nintendo are releasing a console specifically made for the Chinese market. This was in gaming news about 6 months go (pretty sure it wasn't 1st April!)

In reply to an earlier post on 1 Aug 2014 10:51:59 BDT
G says:
I remember this, I just found the article which was posted Thu 8th May 2014 and reads -

Nintendo president and CEO Satoru Iwata revealed the company is planning to introduce new hardware and software for unspecified "emerging markets" over the next two years to take advantage of a rising middle class in many parts of the world; China immediately comes to mind, but this could also include emerging economies like India and Brazil. Iwata said this new console will not be the 3DS or Wii U, but something entirely different. It would be difficult to enter those markets if we didn't create something new... For the mass market you need to provide something that most of the middle class can afford.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

More Customer Discussions

Most active community forums
Most active product forums

Amazon forums

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  30 Jul 2014
Latest post:  1 Aug 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions